GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,147
2 members and 2,145 guests
Low D Flat, zdaidjunioro429

Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Suggestions on contacting Greek Office

Hey everyone!

I'd like to preface this by saying that I'm trying to keep my anonymity so I will not be posting my schools name!

Anyway, I've been trying to contact the Greek Life office at my school for about a month now. Our panhellenic website is not very informative, and no where on there did I see any information about GPA's or rec letters, which are two of my main concerns. I was told by a few women that the lady in charge (Let's call her Amanda) was out of town, but finally last week I was told that she had transferred jobs. They said that 'Amanda' checked her voicemail, as recently as this past Tuesday, and would return calls. However, I have yet to hear back and school is starting up pretty soon. I do not want to be one of those obnoxious PNM's who call and leave multiple voicemails, but I do not know what else to do. I have spoken to a few girls who are currently members of different sororities, but they have all told me different things. No other faculty member at my school knows anything about Greek Life (From what I've been told) and I'm starting to get a little bit frustrated. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I should do?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-26-2012, 09:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Is there a section on it for the Panhellenic Council and their contact information? If so, I would contact the VP:Recruitment or the President.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Is there a section on it for the Panhellenic Council and their contact information? If so, I would contact the VP:Recruitment or the President.
Yes they do! It's a little bit confusing because my school has 3 different Panhellenic sites but I did find some emails on one of them. Thank you very much!

ETA: Just heard back from the VP! Thank you so much, now I don't have to stress anymore

Last edited by cr2817; 07-26-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Honestly, I know you want to remain anonymous, but if I were you, I'd PM one or two of the more knowledgeable GCers with the questions you may have. We all know that schools can prevaricate on things like "Do I need recs?" and "Is my GPA high enough".

Also, virtually every school with a big rush has been discussed on her at some point. If you are searching and not finding a school, that should tell you something on its own.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't mean to bump this but I also would like to contact the Greek Life Office but they are closed and only listing emails for:
Advisor
IFC President
Panhellenic President
NPHC President
MGC President

Does anyone know which one I should contact?
Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahS View Post
I don't mean to bump this but I also would like to contact the Greek Life Office but they are closed and only listing emails for:
Advisor
IFC President
Panhellenic President
NPHC President
MGC President

Does anyone know which one I should contact?
Depends on your situation. If you're going through NPC sorority recruitment, contact the Panhellenic President.

If you're a man inquiring about NIC fraternities, contact the IFC President.

If you have questions about historically Black fraternities or sororities (informational meetings, etc.), contact the NPHC President.

For multicultural fraternities or sororities, contact the MGC President.

If you don't know who you want to talk to, contact the Advisor.

If you want me to turn off the nice and turn on the snark, press 5.

Last edited by agzg; 08-02-2012 at 02:53 AM.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

No 5! Haha thank you for answering.