GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,110
2 members and 1,108 guests
LaneSig

Old 01-09-2004, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
alternate release figures

Here's a quote from the NPC 2003 Biennial session report:
  • Adoption of an alternative methodology for release figures over a period of up to three years
  • Utilization of a quota range during recruitment with quota being set after the final round
  • Phasing out of Quota setting methods I and II over a period of 3 years

Here's the link to the whole document

http://www.npcwomen.org/newsevents/p...ion_Report.pdf

Does anyone know what the proposed alternative methodology for figuring release figures is? And what's a "quota range"? Would that be telling chapters that quota will be between (for example) 15 to 20 and then after pref telling them that its set at 17?
Old 01-09-2004, 11:22 AM

That made my head hurt. I wish they would have links to what the things are that they are talking about.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: alternate release figures

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-AlphaXi
Does anyone know what the proposed alternative methodology for figuring release figures is? And what's a "quota range"? Would that be telling chapters that quota will be between (for example) 15 to 20 and then after pref telling them that its set at 17?
Don't know what an alternative method for release figures would be (maybe a new/different formula), but (statistically speaking) you're right about a quota range. Since quota is normally set after one invitational party, but not necessarily the pref party, you could have girls drop either right before or right after pref, which messes up quota. Offering the range during recruitment gives the chapters an idea of what quota might be, and then they can name an exact number after Pref Cards are signed. (I never understood why quota is set before prefs....there's often several girls who make it all the way to prefs and then drop afterwards for a myriad of reasons. Makes sense to base quota on the number of girls signing a Pref Card....)

PsychTau
Old 01-09-2004, 12:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: alternate release figures

Quote:
Originally posted by AZ-AlphaXi
That's what I thought it meant after reading it. Yes, specific links would be nice, but I suppose they will come out eventually. Do you suppose it was because there are a number of women who drop out on the last two days of recruitment, this would make quota a little more "fair" for the chapters?

I also thought this was interesting:
Quote:
Acceptance of four recruitment styles for College Panhellenics and if the results of the Recruitment Assessment for a College Panhellenic indicate that a change in Recruitment Style is warranted, the College Panhellenic may upon consultation with the campus Panhellenic advisor and upon approval of the NPC Area Advisor, vote to adopt the appropriate Recruitment Style for their campus.
That could be very beneficial.

ETA: cross-posted with PsychTau
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.

Last edited by ISUKappa; 01-09-2004 at 07:27 PM.
Old 01-09-2004, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it is great that they are moving to the alternate method. I have never understood why they set quota after the first or second round anyway - we usually have several girls drop before pref, and also have girls that attend pref parties and then decide not to sign a bid card. Quota will be based on the exact number of girls remaining in recruitement. Smaller chapters will increase the potential to bid a higher number of girls. By adjusting quota each night, release figures will also be more accurate.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

This is excellent news. Highly overdue, in my opinion. Setting quota after preference gives all the chapters an equal shot at achieving quota.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:59 PM

But if you don't set quota until after pref, what if you haven't invited enough girls back or else too many? Won't that screw things up?
Old 01-09-2004, 02:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
I was thinking the same thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
But if you don't set quota until after pref, what if you haven't invited enough girls back or else too many? Won't that screw things up?
Old 01-09-2004, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: alternate release figures

new recruitment policies would be extremely helpful for us. the local sororities on our campus don't have to follow any of or recruitment rules and they really benefit from it.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
I did recruitment at one school this year, and they didn't set quota until after the end of the 2nd round (only 3 rounds). We were told quota would be between 20-24, but our release figures, along with that range, dictated how many we invited back. It works just dandy All groups made quota, with us and Phi Mu making quota plus 1, and only one group missed.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
I am assuming they would still tell you how many you can or can not invited, because she said they would give a range (her example of 16 to 19 then setting on 17) before hand but set the actual quota...

eta: shadokat said it better.
Old 01-09-2004, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I explained one alternate way that NPC piloted this fall at the University of Michigan in this thread: (page 4)

http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums...5&pagenumber=4

Dee
Old 01-09-2004, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
OH! I love it! This has potential to be such a great thing!
Old 01-09-2004, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Setting quota after pref should not screw everything up. Release stats should ensure that there are not too many or two few girls invited to preference. Basically, if there are roughly 105 girls attending preference parties for five sororities, quota would be tentatively set at 21 before pref. Say five girls choose not to sign bid cards - quota then goes to 20. If adjustments have been made to release stats and quota each night, everything should be distributed pretty evenly already. A difference of one or two girls in quota before or after pref should not make enough of a difference to screw everything up.