GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,468
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, dizzycmaarleyy5
» Online Users: 2,289
1 members and 2,288 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 06-08-2001, 03:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Demon Knight Send a message via AIM to Demon Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Demon Knight
Lightbulb What are Phi Kappa Tau's known for

I was wondering what Phi Kappa Taus are known for on different campuses, since I can't find any of them on here. So if you know some Phi Taus, please let me know.

------------------
The Power of one
The Force of Many
HOO RAH!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-08-2001, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, I'm my campus they are the Alpha chapter, so I guess that is why they are known here at Miami.

Brian
Old 06-08-2001, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I love Phi Tau here at Longwood College! Those guys are the best! They know how to have a good time, but they're good guys that don't get in trouble with the administration. Even though I'm not close with any of them, they are some of the nicest guys I know.
Old 06-10-2001, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
We used to have Phi Kappa Tau in Iowa State University .. but they closed two years ago due to membership (I think). Sorry!
Old 06-10-2001, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Demon Knight Send a message via AIM to Demon Knight Send a message via Yahoo to Demon Knight
Thats what happened to our Beta Psi chapter at Long Beach, but we recently got it back, and now we are going to charter again in September. So it will be back there hopefully, just in due time.
Quote:
Originally posted by queequek:
We used to have Phi Kappa Tau in Iowa State University .. but they closed two years ago due to membership (I think). Sorry!

------------------
The Power of one
The Force of Many
HOO RAH!!
Old 06-12-2001, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Hey!!

This weekend, I realized that I've known a Phi Tau for a long time! I had no idea that my cousin's best friend was one . I've known him for at least 5 years I think...he's such a great guy!!! This weekend, he mentioned that he was part of a fraternity (Phi Tau). Rick's a really kind, gnerous, funny guy...plus he's not too bad on the eyes either , really buff, fine, and tan !!
Old 06-12-2001, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

HHAHAHAHAH, thats funny that you should say that because my name is Ricky also, and thats pretty much what I look like, other than the eyes...well no ones ever told me that I had nice eyes But thats cool, I am glad that he is a cool guy, and it seems that are our fraternity is well represented. Thanks for replying I really appreciate it..are you in any organization? If so I am sure you are making them proud. Have a wonderful day.

Phi Tau fo life,
Ricky
Quote:
Originally posted by newbie:
Hey!!

This weekend, I realized that I've known a Phi Tau for a long time! I had no idea that my cousin's best friend was one . I've known him for at least 5 years I think...he's such a great guy!!! This weekend, he mentioned that he was part of a fraternity (Phi Tau). Rick's a really kind, gnerous, funny guy...plus he's not too bad on the eyes either , really buff, fine, and tan !!

------------------
The Power of one
The Force of Many
HOO RAH!!
Old 06-12-2001, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hey Ricky!

Haha, when I said "he's not too bad on the eyes"--I meant that he's really hot-looking ! Hey that's really cool that you look like that, too! (Not a bad description to fit under )

I actually heard from my friend who's a Theta that the Phi Taus at her school are a bunch of hot, sporty guys who are really nice and gentlemanly, so I'm sure Phi Tau across the nation is excellent!!

Nope, I'm not in a sorority yet (hope to be in the future...I'm still in HS). Thanks for the compliment, though! And have a great rest of the week, Ricky! Hopefully more Phi Taus come on the board!

Old 06-13-2001, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Newbie,
Well take care and keep in touch, I am sure whatever sorority you choose will be a great one, now that you are in it. It was a pleasure to meet you, and what school does your friend go to? just curious about the chapter out there. Take care and enjoy summer

Phi Tau fo life,
Ricky
Quote:
Originally posted by newbie:
Hey Ricky!

Haha, when I said "he's not too bad on the eyes"--I meant that he's really hot-looking ! Hey that's really cool that you look like that, too! (Not a bad description to fit under )

I actually heard from my friend who's a Theta that the Phi Taus at her school are a bunch of hot, sporty guys who are really nice and gentlemanly, so I'm sure Phi Tau across the nation is excellent!!

Nope, I'm not in a sorority yet (hope to be in the future...I'm still in HS). Thanks for the compliment, though! And have a great rest of the week, Ricky! Hopefully more Phi Taus come on the board!

------------------
The Power of one
The Force of Many
HOO RAH!!
Old 06-19-2001, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SigmaChiCard Send a message via Skype™ to SigmaChiCard
Phi Taus on my campus are, well

when I rushed, it was up between
Sigma Chi and Phi Tau

I was friends with the older Phi Tau's
and the younger Sigma Chi's
so I figured that since the Sigma Chi's would be there with me the whole time, that was better

Incidentally, had I rushed first semester
I would have pledged Phi Tau

but I didn't
95% of then turned asshole on me afterwards
and i lost tons of respect for them

now they talk lotsa shit to my brothers
my car was keyed after a dispute with them

perhaps simple irony
though unlikely

i am still friends with many of them

great friends with their last three presidents
but the younger guys.....
Old 06-19-2001, 01:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Well first off on behalf of the Phi Tau's I really do apologize. I can't speak for them because I wasn't there. It is however a shame because that is not what we stand for. I hope you dont hold all Phi Taus responsible because of the incident that happened. We are still a great bunch of guys.

D

Quote:
Originally posted by SigmaChiCard:
Phi Taus on my campus are, well

when I rushed, it was up between
Sigma Chi and Phi Tau

I was friends with the older Phi Tau's
and the younger Sigma Chi's
so I figured that since the Sigma Chi's would be there with me the whole time, that was better

Incidentally, had I rushed first semester
I would have pledged Phi Tau

but I didn't
95% of then turned asshole on me afterwards
and i lost tons of respect for them

now they talk lotsa shit to my brothers
my car was keyed after a dispute with them

perhaps simple irony
though unlikely

i am still friends with many of them

great friends with their last three presidents
but the younger guys.....