GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,191
0 members and 1,191 guests
No Members online

Old 05-14-2002, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SoExited@FSU
Wink "Good Frats" in FLA...Or wherever!

Hi, peoples! I know there are annoying stereotypes that all us Greeks try and shy away from- "Each Greek Created Equal" and all that, but I also know that no frat/Sorors I know actually believes that. No matter what we say, some frats and sororities will always be viewed as "Good." So, ladies, my question is, at FSU, UF, UNF, UM, wherever- Which is the frat that the girls are proud to snag a guy from?
Old 05-14-2002, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via AIM to HeavenslilAngel Send a message via Yahoo to HeavenslilAngel
For starters its not "frat" its fraternity. On my campus my organization is very diverse we date guys from any fraternity. we have 7-8 I believe. I personally am not dating a guy in a fraternity but my as well as a good majority of my sister's personal fav are Theta Chi's. However some sisters prefer other fraternities over Theta Chi or in addition to Theta Chi.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

didn't mean to offend

Wasn't trying to offend- the Greeks on my campus use the word Frat, too- It's not considered derogatory. I was careful in the phrasing of my question, I'd thought, so that members would realize it's a silly, trivial one- just opinions.
Old 05-14-2002, 12:53 AM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
I have always favored Lambda Chi Alpha's for some reason and I like the Theta Chi's as well. Those are the two that if I had to pick I would want to date.

Of course I am only influenced by the men I have met, but there are great guys in any fraternity I have learned!!
Old 05-14-2002, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, my fav is definitely Sigma Chi. They are awesome guys!! Of course, I'm a little biased, because I'm dating one, but their organization seems to attract well rounded, outstanding gentlemen.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:22 AM

On the flip side

On the other side of the issue I dated a Gamma Phi Beta and loved her to death but couldn't stand some of her sisters. I think that there's always going to be good and bad in every group regardless. I've personally liked the attitude of the girls in Kappa Kappa Gamma. They're really down to Earth and are the type of women that you could take home to mom.
Old 05-14-2002, 06:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
Hey... Im feeling a lil left out here in MIAMI, FLORIDA...
How about FIU?
FIU is the leading public university in Miami... and contrary to popular belief is an AWESOME school with a VERY active greek community

Hmmm as far as the greeks on here check out
www.fiu.edu/~greeks

there are 6 sororities and 12 fraternities as well as all of the 9 NPHC organizations

As far as who is the "best"....i would say that every organization is known for their own strong points and weak points, and every organization has something to offer to each individual person...
i personally am not picky as far as who is best, i like to look and get to know people on an "individual" basis as opposed to "that guy from XYZ" it is my opinion that each person is an individual who happens to be in XYZ, there is alot more to know about people than their organization...
I can safely say i know and get along well with just about every organization... we are all greek together as they say

I hope that didnt sound mean...i didnt mean it to be..just telling my 2 pennys worth of the story....LOL
Old 05-14-2002, 08:37 AM

At UCF, I prefer those Kappa Sigma men. Well, actually, just one in particular.
Old 05-14-2002, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Star Turtle
all the fraternities mentioned above are not even at my school!!

right now, my greek system is going through some major changes, my sorority used to be pretty much exclusive with a specific fraternity, but now we as the girls are spreading out, and the guys are looking at the other options available to them as well. Its strange to see "my" boys hanging out with the Sigma Sigma Sigmas or the Alpha Sigma Taus (the other two sororities on campus)

But you can tell the "older" greeks - they still sick with the old groupings

i have my favorites, but i'll always socialize with everyone!
Old 05-14-2002, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

If i wasn't dating my boyfriend (for over a year and a half) i would definately go for a Sigma Chi guy.
Old 05-14-2002, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking moonstar 17

Sorry- Didn't mean to leave you FIU kids out- I honestly wasn't sure if Florida International had a Greek system, or not, so I guess I just didn't think about it- sorry! What are your sororities and fraternities, there?
Old 05-14-2002, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MoonStar17
yay! FIU

Suprisingly enough for a commuter school we have a HUGE greek system and an even bigger support system from the University...
almost EVERY campus event is Filled with greeks....

They are even builiding fraternity houses on campus so far the only one up is the Fiji house, but Pike and Sammy already have broke ground for their houses to be built, sororities dont get houses, some stupid brothel law or something and we arent going to be getting suites for a long time....

FIU is trying to move away from the commuter school image and is trying to grow more and more, we are only about 30 years old...(the school that is)
so theykeep building more and more housing... and of course the fraternity houses

as for greeks
the sororities here are:
Phi Mu
AOPi
DPhiE
Phi Sigma Sigma
Tri Sigma
AXiD
Sigma Lambda Gamma
Omega Beta Phi (a local)

Fraternitys:
TKE
PIKE
Fiji
LambdaChi
Phi Sigma Kappa
AEPi
Pi Kappa Phi
SigEp
Sammy
Phi Kappa Sigma
Beta Kappa Gamma
Lambda Theta Phi

and NPHC we have:
Alpha Phi Alpha
Alpha Kappa Alpha
Kappa Alpha Psi
Delta Sigma Theta
Phi Beta Sigma
Zeta Phi Beta
Omega Psi Phi
Sigma Gamma Rho

pretty huge actually compared to alot of schools and we are only a "commuter school" at first i was kind uneasy about going to FIU but i LOVE it...its like a big family...everyone knows each other...

ok i feel better now that i was included LOL
Old 05-14-2002, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Well if your asking about good Fraternities at FSU because of your name then look at Sigma Chi, SAE, ATO and SigEp. LXA is also good at FSU from what i hear as well.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:10 PM
GreekChat Member

FSU

Reference the above entry from 'UNFSigmaChi', the SAE's have been gone for nearly two years. Lambda Chi is good but not a leader. The top (prestige) fraternities at FSU are the Pikes, ATOs, Sig Eps, Sigma Chi and Pi Kappa Phi - in no particular order.
Old 05-14-2002, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought SAE was still active at FSU, my bad. I can't stand the PIKES at any college in FL. Pi kapps at FSU are kinda sketchy to me....i was there last fall and they were washing each other in the front of the house with speedo's on......Pi kapps at UNF dont get along with any fraternity here and not many sororities like them either. I really liked the ATO's at FSU i met though. They have a good house.