GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,269
1 members and 2,268 guests
Sciencewoman

Old 02-19-2004, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

New Sorority for Clemson - your ideas?

Last edited by BrownEyedGirl; 09-05-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-19-2004, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Clemson

Are all the groups at total? Did everyone make quota last year?
Old 02-19-2004, 05:04 PM

My suggestions:

Either Alpha Omicron Pi or Phi Mu. South Carolina is built on Southern tradition so I think traditionally Southern sororities would do the best because of the large alumnae base.
Old 02-19-2004, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BabyP
why not Tri-Sigmas??? they also have a deaf chapter in RIT so I favor them LOL...............
Old 02-19-2004, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried searching for previous threads on this but couldn't find anything, so please forgive me if I'm asking a question that's already been answered.

How come they're voting to expand when a sorority just closed so recently? Was it due to numbers? And as aopinthesky asked, how many chapters are at total and did they all make quota?

As for possible groups, I agree with ZTAngel - Phi Mu would be a good one. I think Sigma Kappa or Delta Zeta would also be good choices.

And of course I think SC needs another AZD chapter.

Regarding the alumnae base...Clemson's not too far from Charlotte (what, within 2 hours?)...there are a LOT of strong alumnae chapters here (for any group) that could help out as well.

Also - Clemson is not far from Western Carolina (within and hour and 1/2), and AZD and Phi Mu are both strong there...so if either of those groups were a possibility they would be able to contribute.
Old 02-19-2004, 06:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
AZD doesn't have many chapters in SC- but is rapidly growing in NC, with two newer chapters at methodist and wingate. but in addition, AZD has chapters at UNC-Asheville, UNC-Wilmington, ECU and Elon (my chapter!). I think AZD would be a good fit for Clemson as well and it may also draw legacies from other state's, not just southern ones which would benefit the school.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting. I did not know Clemson was going to expand. AZD presented at USC this past spring, but Gamma Phi Beta was selected to colonize. Keep us up to date with expansion at Clemson!
Old 02-19-2004, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator

Without knowing anything other than was posted on this thread, I'd go with Pi Phi (if that's a reasonable recolonization), or Phi Mu. Gotta stick with my Macon sisters!!
Old 02-20-2004, 12:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Frankly, I don't know why Pi Phi left in the early 90s, but I'd love love love love to see us back on... I am a (North) Carolina girl born and bred, and I would love to see South Carolina Beta return. I think that the support would definately be there if we were selected to present and then colonize. I would love to see us have this opportunity.... Of course I am biased!

Other good options might be Phi Mu or AZD as others have mentioned... Other strong options would be AOII or Tri-Sigma... Also DZ but I know they've been doing a LOT of expansion lately!

I am sorry to hear about DG leaving, I hadn't heard that til now.

Last edited by breathesgelatin; 02-20-2004 at 01:59 AM.
Old 02-20-2004, 02:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Thanks for posting the link to the old thread--I believe we exchanged PMs about Clemson back then!

Any idea when the presenters will be selected?
Old 02-20-2004, 02:15 AM

I would really love to see a Delta Zeta chapter at Clemson! I think it would be really advantageous for us to colonize at a big, Southern school. I know that our chapter at the University of Florida is very successful thus far, so hopefully National will want to continue expansion in the South.
Old 02-20-2004, 12:56 PM

I personally like to see recolonization of chapters that have previously been on a campus, so I say Delta Gamma(though it may be too soon), Alpha Gamma Delta, or Pi Beta Phi.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I would really love to see a Delta Zeta chapter at Clemson! I think it would be really advantageous for us to colonize at a big, Southern school.
So DZ chapters at Auburn U and the U of Alabama don't count? What about UGA? LSU? U of Tennessee? All those big, Southern schools have DZ chapters, don't they? I know that Alabama and Auburn both have strong DZ chapters. One of my best friends is a DZ from Auburn.

Quote:
I personally like to see recolonization of chapters that have previously been on a campus, so I say Delta Gamma(though it may be too soon), Alpha Gamma Delta, or Pi Beta Phi.
That often doesn't work out well at Southern schools because of the reputation issues that go along with chapters closing. It might be better to have a group come on that has a good alumna base in the area, but has never been on campus at Clemson before.
Old 02-20-2004, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Alpha Theta Chapter

Quote:
Originally posted by Bama_Alumna
So DZ chapters at Auburn U and the U of Alabama don't count? What about UGA? LSU? U of Tennessee? All those big, Southern schools have DZ chapters, don't they? I know that Alabama and Auburn both have strong DZ chapters. One of my best friends is a DZ from Auburn.

That often doesn't work out well at Southern schools because of the reputation issues that go along with chapters closing. It might be better to have a group come on that has a good alumna base in the area, but has never been on campus at Clemson before.

Don't forget the Alpha Theta chapter at UK.

http://www.geocities.com/alphathetaofdeltazeta/
Old 02-20-2004, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bama_Alumna
NO-they definitely do count! I don't think KR was discounting their existence--but those chapters are relatively long-established chapters...I think she used UF strictly as an example of a recent, high profile, successful colony for us.

I'd love to see DZ colonize at Clemson, or any other well known southern school, but I'm even more partial to Big 12 schools...wish one of those would open up for expansion so we can try to get on to more (I think we're only at A&M as far as Big 12 goes).