GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,578
0 members and 2,578 guests
No Members online

Old 09-11-2015, 07:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole miss Frat Rush

Regarding Greek Life at Ole Miss...does it help to be a legacy in a fraternity if you are an OOS student? How much networking goes on before formal rush?
Are fraternities like sororities in that they pretty much have there list made before rush begins? Any opinion on top fraternities at Ole Miss?

Thanks!
Old 09-11-2015, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't speak to the specifics of fraternity rush- but much like sororities at ole miss- every fraternity on campus is great... and also much like sororities networking helps.

Yes- there are houses that already have "lists" made, and yes there are houses that are primarily made up of "boys from Jackson", "boys from the delta", "out of state boys", etc... Some of these guys have been networking since high school, coming up for parties, etc... and bottom line is fraternities are mainly looking for guys that they can hang out with and be friends with. It is not as competitive as sorority rush in that there is no quota (at least there use to not be)... BUT it is a very competitive atmosphere.

I HOPE you have been using this time leading up to recruitment to meet guys in the houses and going to any events that may be held- even if you are a "tag along" with a guy in your dorm. I don't say this to discourage you but to point out that yes you do need to know guys in the houses and they need to like you.

Heres a link from a few years back that you might find interesting... http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...light=ole+miss

Hotty Toddy and good luck- keep us posted.
Old 09-11-2015, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm gonna throw in a funny story that may be off topic, but a few weeks ago, after move-in, half a pew of young men showed up and sat in the pew behind the man I date, who happens to be Billy Brewer, the former head football coach. I sing in the choir and make a habit of sitting with him for a while before I have to line up to process in. Billy and I talked to the guys and he told themsome tales of how he used to bring his football players to church. Fun guys ... and we were glad they were there. What I didn't know ahead of time was that the Panhellenic was having a recruitment meeting with the girls that morning from 11:00 until 12:30.

The next weekend, we had our back-to-school luncheon, and there were tons of young ladies but the guys were nowhere to be found. All I can imagine is that the guys did not come back because there were no girls there the week before. And now I'm not sure the girls will ever come back either!

Hotty Toddy!

Last edited by Loyally Kappa; 09-11-2015 at 11:17 PM.