GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,526
2 members and 1,524 guests
babobygooglet93, navane

Old 11-04-2001, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Your biggest regret?

what is your biggest regret so far in life?

Oscar Wilde once said, "man regrets the things he has not done".

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-04-2001, 09:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Messing with the stock market- OUCH!
Not going to law school

If I had done the second, I most likely wouldn't have done the first!
Old 11-04-2001, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Letting myself develop anorexia during my junior year of high school...I have been treated for the physical side of things, but what's inside my head will never change and always hurt.
Old 11-04-2001, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Dating my first boyfriend. At the time, another guy was interested in me but I chose to date my first boyfriend instead. I should have chosen the other guy.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:25 PM

I got a whole list It's a toss-up between:

Dumping my most evil ex-boyfriend before he dumped me (the S.O.B.)

or

Taking the job with the nice high salary, that would have required me to relocate. I later relocated to the same area, following my husband... and now, 3 years later, I'm making the salary this company offered me right out of college. (P.S. this company is now laying people off, so maybe I'm better off having a lower-paying job than no job at all.....)
Old 11-04-2001, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to TigerGirl52
Dating some of the guys I've dated. I must have either a DORK MAGNET or I LOVE JERKS bumper sticker on me somewhere because that's about all I've dated. Other than that...I don't have that many regrets.

Allison
Old 11-05-2001, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Not moving out of my freshman year dorm room the very first day. I thought it was my fault my roomate and I didn't get along and since everyone had always liked me(I know, that really does sound conceited, but I am really nice and no one had ever been this mean to me after just one day), but I stuck it out for a whole semester, was COMPLETELY miserable, had no real friends, and thought I was a bad person(she used to tell me I must really not love my parents because I could go away to school--she only lived 30 minutes from home). Second semester, I did switch rooms, had a roomate I was friends with, but not best friends, and life was good. But I always realize now to go with your gut instinct, ESPECIALLY when you are living in such close quarters. If you think it won't work, there's a good chance you are right!
Old 11-05-2001, 09:31 AM

Dating this one guy my freshman year in college...he was such a loser and a jerk and it took me 3 months to realize it!
Also, losing one of my best friends my senior year in high school. We got in a stupid fight and stopped talking to one another. After graduation, we never spoke again.
Old 11-05-2001, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KABillyMac Send a message via Yahoo to KABillyMac
I worked at the bar the night dad took my mom to the hospital because she was having sharp pains in her arm and sternum. Dad called me on my cell phone as I was leaving the bar, and told me that he and mom where at the hospital. I turned around and decided to take a shortcut through the hills, which always seemed faster to me than the interstate. About halfway to the hospital my return line on my radiator blew, and the truck overheated. I didnt have any antifreeze so i grabbed a jug from the back of my truck and went up to this farmhouse I could see in the distance. The people where nice enough to give me some water and a ride back to my truck. When I got goin again dad called my cell phone, and told me the doctor said everything was ok, and that she was gonna be monitored for the night, and there was nothing that we could do till in the mornin. Dad said just to head back home, cause tomorrow would be a long day. I could just come in in the mornin.

Walked into the hospital early the next mornin and mom was asleep. Went over and touched her hand and her heart monitor went off. She had a massive heart attack right there. The nurse station was watching and they rushed in. I stood there by moms side while they rushed to save her life. I knew she was gone because this little nurse kept looking into my eyes, waiting for my reaction. I never looked at her but i could feel the hurt she felt for me cutting a 6 inch gap through my skull. I never got to say my last goodbyes. If I had gone on in that night I would have atleast gotten to tell her goodnight, and that I loved her. I had just talked to her that Sunday and I did tell her that I loved her. I will never forgive myself for not going on to the hospital that night.
Old 11-05-2001, 01:45 PM
UMgirl

I regret the way I did college and if I could do my freshman year all over again I would. I might have gone to a different one, but If I had of satyed at UM, I would have done everything different.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
1. Marrying my ex husband. It was short lived, but damaging.
Should have exercised better judgement there and not been blinded by the pretty package he came in.

2. Would have studied more freshman year in college. Not drank less, but definitely have made it to more classes. I do believe it impacted my life in a way I could have avoided.

3.Would not have broken up with my ex boyfriend Joe when I did. While the relationship may have ended anyway sometime down along the way a bit--I was still very much in love with him when I ended it and as a result it took way too long and was way too hard to get over, for both of us.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:16 PM

I would have gone on spring break every year with my sisters instead of working. I have had PLENTY of time since college to work but I've never again had the opportunity to go to South Padre or Daytona or any of the other places they had a blast at.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I regret not going to pref night my soph year. I may not have gotten a bid, and if I had, I may not have initiated, but at least I wouldn't have wondered "what if?"
Old 11-05-2001, 02:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to Sue_XO Send a message via Yahoo to Sue_XO
Good topic!

1. I wish I would of stuck with (1) major in college- not 5
2. I wish I would of never known how to use a credit card
3. I wish I would of stayed with my friends after graduation and
not moved back East for the money.
Old 11-05-2001, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to The1calledTKE Send a message via Yahoo to The1calledTKE
I would have picked a major that is better in the job market.