GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,962
1 members and 1,961 guests
indygphib

Old 09-20-2018, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
more please!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 09-20-2018, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

TriDDDeltagirl, I hope you’re having fun in whatever country you’re in right now! Can’t wait for more of this entertaining tale!

Old 09-21-2018, 08:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down Ummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDDDeltgirl View Post
Black eyeliner:
Niece flat out informed Grandma that she didn’t like this house because there were too many women of Asian descent. Grandma flat out informed Niece that there was too much of her bad attitude in the room.
This isn’t a bad attitude, this is racism. I hope this story is fake, because the UW Greek Community is better off without women with these attitudes.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Black eyeliner:
Niece flat out informed Grandma that she didn’t like this house because there were too many women of Asian descent.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Super Moderator

I feel TriDDDeltgirl is using this to illustrate how pigheaded her niece is/was.
Old 09-22-2018, 08:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I am/was very taken by these threads. However, some of the comments by the PNMs have made me wonder. I would love a conclusion to this one.
Old 09-23-2018, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBookGirl View Post
This isn’t a bad attitude, this is racism. I hope this story is fake, because the UW Greek Community is better off without women with these attitudes.
Unfortunately it’s not fake, it’s the result of being raised in Deep Texas and having problems with other races and nationalities when confronted with people who are different than you or different than the image that you’ve always expected Greek life to be (or the houses at SMU, USC, or any of the other heavily southern houses where diversity isn’t shown)

When I have a moment to update this, I will. I’m leaving Mexico to head to Belize.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:09 PM
Super Moderator

Safe travels.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Unfortunately it’s not fake, it’s the result of being raised in Deep Texas and having problems with other races and nationalities when confronted with people who are different than you or different than the image that you’ve always expected Greek life to be (or the houses at SMU, USC, or any of the other heavily southern houses where diversity isn’t shown)

I was raised in Deep Texas. The high schools were majorly multiracial.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I was also raised in “deep”Texas and really find this troubling. What type of people are we raising to think like this? What type of parenting is being done? I am not a parent, don’t want to be, but I feel if my child acted this way her hiney would be red as a beet.
Old 09-23-2018, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Racists are everywhere. Texas is no excuse.

Signed,
Someone who has only ever lived in the south
Old 09-24-2018, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps Saint DD3 can step down from her pedestal and share some kind, warm-hearted guidance with her insensitive cousin. She could count it toward her self-imposed "50 hours of community service per semester" goal.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

You know...maybe it would be nice to let TriDDDeltgirl tell this story instead of piling on criticism. I've really enjoyed the items she has been willing to share, and aside from the comedy one of the best things about them is her honesty in sharing unflattering behavior/thoughts. Remember that even though they are legally adults 18 year old women (girls?) are rarely mature enough to navigate recruitment well. It's easy to be critical from our positions 10, 15, 20, 30 years past this time in our own lives.

TriDDDeltGirl is a talented writer and since it's her story to share she could have easily edited things to show her niece in a more flattering light if she wanted to. I'm looking forward to the next installments.
Old 09-24-2018, 03:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiWantstoTravel View Post
You know...maybe it would be nice to let TriDDDeltgirl tell this story instead of piling on criticism. I've really enjoyed the items she has been willing to share, and aside from the comedy one of the best things about them is her honesty in sharing unflattering behavior/thoughts. Remember that even though they are legally adults 18 year old women (girls?) are rarely mature enough to navigate recruitment well. It's easy to be critical from our positions 10, 15, 20, 30 years past this time in our own lives.

TriDDDeltGirl is a talented writer and since it's her story to share she could have easily edited things to show her niece in a more flattering light if she wanted to. I'm looking forward to the next installments.
^^^^This^^^^
Old 09-24-2018, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I may be the only one, but I did not interpret the pnm’s remark as racist. I interpreted it as a young woman trying to find a home where she feels comfortable. Every year we see pnms dismiss the “Jewish” house because they aren’t Jewish, we see very few African American women join “white” sororities, and almost no white women join NPHC groups. Why? Because this is not where they feel like they belong. She may have said she didn’t like the house because there were too many girls of Asian descent, but what I interpreted was she did not feel like she belonged in this house.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled program.

-

"My Crown is in my heart, not on my head;" ~King HenryVI, Shakespere~