GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,359
0 members and 1,359 guests
No Members online

Old 08-14-2018, 09:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Sigma Alpha has a few different options for badges you can get gold filled or 10K or 14K, and they offer a plan badge with no jewels. Or you can get one with pearls, pearls with ruby points, diamonds, or diamonds with ruby points.

https://www.alphasigmaalpha.org/alum...de-your-badge/

Also members of the national council have a badge that they are given that looks like the original Alpha Sigma Alpha badge, of course I don't have a good photo link to do it justice in describing it. Also I'm not positive on if the badge for those on the national council is worn in addition to the member badge. Clearly I'm not on the council since I don't know the protocols.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Clemsongirl. I am going to give Imgur a go. I did have a Photobucket account once but it was so long ago, I actually could not remember the name of the site. Pictures on the threads are the most fun.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
This is the first I've heard of that. Are you sure? There was no mention of this at Convention when IC officers were being installed and given their badges.
They made a post about it on Instagram, but were pretty vague about it, imo. https://www.instagram.com/p/BksaYVOA...hibetasorority

MY GPB mentor was elected to IC this year, and sent me a badge picture (clicky)
Old 08-14-2018, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

AOII does not have many options - our Rituals Jewelry and Traditions committee is very conservative. It wasn't always this way - there are some really fun ones in our fraternity archives at Headquarters. All badges have the ruby in the apex of the A, and are available in gold fill, 10k yellow gold, silver or 10k white gold. We currently have a NPC commemorative badge with pearls and emeralds. This badge can only be offered as a secondary badge - you can't get it for an initiation. There is also an honor badge with a ruby "A" that can only be ordered through our headquarters. The initial badge order can vary chapter to chapter - some chapters have a tradition to get the fancy badges with the pearls; some chapters all order the plain badges.

https://www.hjgreek.com/index.cfm?ev...tegory_ID=2478
Old 08-14-2018, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemsongirl View Post
Alpha Delta Pi has no restrictions on jewels, no jewels, or metal color, although we don't currently offer goldfill badges and I've never seen one for sale online. We also don't currently offer no jewels for sale, which I think is too bad because my mom's badge is plain and it's very elegant.

Here is the official brochure of badge designs available from Herff-Jones. The convention badge design changes every two years with our Convention and I believe is offered for the calendar year in which the convention takes place. I wasn't even an ADPi when our 2013 Convention took place in Dallas, but I ordered the badge anyways because it was limited edition and had red, white, and blue stones.

As an aside, I have a badge that has no black enamel in the center of it, and I wish I knew anything about it because I've never seen that anywhere either. No idea if it's technically kosher or not. The stones are opal with sapphire points and there's no information on the back.
I.Am.Drooling! That pin is amazing!

During Recruitment, we used to tell the PNMs that we all wear the black diamond pin, but as individuals, could personalize our pins with various stones and sizes.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post
They made a post about it on Instagram, but were pretty vague about it, imo. https://www.instagram.com/p/BksaYVOA...hibetasorority

MY GPB mentor was elected to IC this year, and sent me a badge picture (clicky)
Thanks for sharing! That's still a white crescent badge with pearls so I guess I'm not noticing a change. I think they retired the "office specific" badges (I think they were passed down from officer to officer in the same role and we're probably engraved with the office name...I seem to remember this passing down from previous IC installations, with outgoing iC officers receiving a duplicate badge to keep when they left office). That new VP badge still seems to have the same look and style.
Old 08-15-2018, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks for sharing! That's still a white crescent badge with pearls so I guess I'm not noticing a change. I think they retired the "office specific" badges (I think they were passed down from officer to officer in the same role and we're probably engraved with the office name...I seem to remember this passing down from previous IC installations, with outgoing iC officers receiving a duplicate badge to keep when they left office). That new VP badge still seems to have the same look and style.
The Instagram post is a Diamond badge—did the old IC badges have different stones depending on the department of the VP? Or is the diamond badge strictly reserved for the International President?

Old 08-15-2018, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes, I am getting the vibe that they retired the officer specific badges. I wonder if they will end up in the museum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unarose View Post
The Instagram post is a Diamond badge—did the old IC badges have different stones depending on the department of the VP? Or is the diamond badge strictly reserved for the International President?
The diamond badge is for our International President; pearls for Council members
Old 08-15-2018, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joliebelle View Post
Yes, I am getting the vibe that they retired the officer specific badges. I wonder if they will end up in the museum.

The diamond badge is for our International President; pearls for Council members
Cool! That seems to be a trend, with International/National Presidents having diamonds.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Theta Phi Alpha:

The Official Badge is a gold letter “Theta” set with pearls, superimposed upon plain gold letters “Phi” and “Alpha.”
Centennial Badge a variation of the official badge with the pearls replaced by diamonds and 5 sapphires reflecting the points of a compass.
Chapter President Badge, purchased by a chapter and worn by its president during her term of office, is the official badge, but with the Theta set with sapphires, mounted on a wreath of gold.
National President Badge worn by the National President during her term of office, is the official badge, but with the Theta set with diamonds, mounted on a wreath of gold.
Past National President Badge
Grand Council Badge worn by each member of The Grand Council, other than the National President, during her term of office, is the official badge with the Theta set with alternating diamonds and sapphires and a diamond in the center, mounted on a wreath of gold, and shall be accompanied by a guard of the respective office.

https://www.thetaphialpha.org/about/insignia
Old 08-19-2018, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Our badge is available in gold/balclad or white gold/Sterling. It it either chased (no jewels), one Dynamite in the center, 14 pearls or (I think) 13 Pearson and a diamond. Our International President gets a badge with 14 diamonds which she gets to wear for life. No other variations.
Old 08-20-2018, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Alpha Xi Delta

When I was active:
We had a choice of silver, gold, or white gold. We could order the Gold or White gold with only pearls or diamonds

Now:
No silver option is available - all gold or white gold
Crown Pearl Badge: with 15 pearls
Diamond Badge: with 15 diamonds
Blue Aquamarine and Diamond Badge: alternating diamond and aquamarine stones
Pearl and Diamond Badge: alternating pearl and diamond
Pink Rose *Sapphire and Diamond Badge: alternating synthetic pink and diamond
Blue Sapphire and Diamond Badge: alternating sapphire and diamonds
Vintage Pearl Badge: with 20 pearls
Pink Rose Sapphire Badge
Pink Rose *Sapphire and Pearl Badge
Double Blue Badge: alternating sapphire and aquamarine
Blue Aquamarine Badge
Blue Sapphire Badge
Blue *Sapphire and Pearl Badge: alternating synthetic sapphire and pearl
Plain Badge with 3 Aquamarines
Plain Badge with Blue *Sapphire, *Aquamarine, and Yellow *Sapphire
Plain Badge with 3 Blue *Sapphires
Plain Badge with 3 Pink Rose *Saphires
Plain Badge with *Blue Sapphire, *Aquamarine, * Blue Sapphire
Plain Badge with Blue *Sapphire, Pearl, Blue * Sapphire combo
Plain Badge with *Pink Rose Sapphire, Pearl, *Pink Rose Sapphire Combo
Plain Badge with 3 Raised Opals
Plain Badge with 3 Raised Pearls
Plain Badge

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again
Old 08-21-2018, 09:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Our badge is available in gold/balclad or white gold/Sterling. It it either chased (no jewels), one Dynamite in the center, 14 pearls or (I think) 13 Pearson and a diamond. Our International President gets a badge with 14 diamonds which she gets to wear for life. No other variations.
For the record, Dynamite is diamond in autocorrect speak, apparently. And since I can't edit after the fact, there it stands. LOL
Old 08-21-2018, 11:58 PM

^ DYAC
Old 08-22-2018, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
For the record, Dynamite is diamond in autocorrect speak, apparently. And since I can't edit after the fact, there it stands. LOL
I'm actually really bummed about this because I thought it was really cool that one org had a sparking, exploding badge.