GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,719
1 members and 1,718 guests
indygphib

Old 05-03-2012, 08:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Is it just me or are the Ws for White House Black Market and Wikipedia exactly the same?

In other news, I love this "snipping tool" on Windows 7!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
Can someone enlighten me as to why, in this day and age, some people can't comprehend the simple concept of LEAVING A VOICEMAIL?????
A lot of people assume you'll see the missed call and call back. Or, it is a telemarketer or political phone call. I always Google the phone number and see if it is legit or not. There are a lot of sites that will tell you what the call is about.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Amen, Phil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
How about answering why you think GC is an appropriate place to post such a ridiculous link in the first place? That thing was a bunch of bull hockey, and you should know better.
Can someone please elaborate for those of us who missed the thread entirely?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
Is it just me or are the Ws for White House Black Market and Wikipedia exactly the same?

In other news, I love this "snipping tool" on Windows 7!
Good catch! They do look the same! But what is snipping?

Occasionally, the Young Adult Bible Study will have an activity rather than a study. Tonight, we're going to see Think Like a Man. One woman suggested it last week and the (female) majority voted.

Now, there's no doubt that this is not a "Bible Study-esque" film. So the question is....are we really intending to have a relationship discussion afterward or is this just an excuse to go ogle at Michael, Morris, n'em?

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Snipping allows you to highlight an area of your screen then take a screen shot. It's like just taking a screen shot but you get to select a specific area. You then then just paste the image or save it for later. Pretty handy!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
A lot of people assume you'll see the missed call and call back. Or, it is a telemarketer or political phone call. I always Google the phone number and see if it is legit or not. There are a lot of sites that will tell you what the call is about.
Whitepages.com!!

Had a guy that called a co-worker and left a message that he had tried several times but this was the first time he had left a phone number.

She transferred the call to me and when I called, the number didn't exist. Not even the area code.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
It's been my experience that the incessant calling from an out of state number but leaving no voicemail is someone trying to hawk some product. I myself was receiving calls on my cell-phone from the Portland, OR area and when I called the number back it went to nothing (I'm assuming the outgoing line used was set up to not receive incoming calls). I was able to answer once and it was someone trying to sell me a cruise or timeshare. The funny thing about it was that I was actively submitting my resume to companies based in Portland at that same time so I was freaking out that it was a potential employer that was trying to contact me regarding my resume.

I also get a daily phone call out of Alta, UT but I'm assuming the call originates out of China. It's always somebody trying to sell me prescription meds. I've repeatedly them to fuck off but I think it gets lost in translation.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I was getting alot of calls from the Washington state area. Turns out it was AAA wanting to give me deals on hotels.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2K Beta Mu View Post
You don't have anybody working for you? That's a lot of work for one person.
Nope. It is a lot of work on the days I have to collect from them and fill them with water and pop. I don't want to pay anyone, plus, all of my closest friends are also vets and they have their own things going. And, I wouldn't hire anyone off the streets who I don't know or trust. Mr. helps me collect and fill them, so that makes things much easier. If I was doing it all by myself, then yeah, it would be more than I would be able to handle. It's all about location, and mine are kind of spread out, so that's what would make it difficult for one person.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
Snipping allows you to highlight an area of your screen then take a screen shot. It's like just taking a screen shot but you get to select a specific area. You then then just paste the image or save it for later. Pretty handy!
I just found this on my computer. I'm clearly about to be a snippin' fool.

TLAM was not as funny the 3rd time (the theater was more empty so there were less people to laugh which is part of the experience). But because it was quieter, I actually got to hear/see a lot of the things I missed. It was like watching a different movie.

Taraji rocked that role. She milked every second of camera time she had--I saw all these little faces and gestures I missed the first time that were hilarious. It was a shame, I liked the actress so much that it was hard to watch her play someone I couldn't stand.

Old 05-04-2012, 06:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Just got back from the gym, now it's time to get ready for work. Hmm, let's see... what do I want to wear today? I know, I think I'll wear my Looney Tunes scrubs. With my lab coats, hmm...I think I'll wear the white one.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 05-04-2012 at 06:17 AM.
Old 05-04-2012, 07:35 AM
GreekChat Member

hey...for those of you who have kids that like comic books, Free Comic Book Day is tomorrow. Go to any shop in your area and they should be more than ready to give you some goodies. Follow the link for more info.

http://www.freecomicbookday.com/Home/1/1/27/981
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-04-2012, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDLynn View Post
I was getting alot of calls from the Washington state area. Turns out it was AAA wanting to give me deals on hotels.
That has happened to me too. Cell phone numbers went public recently and I'm guessing there is a call center there.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:04 PM
GreekChat Member

I've been getting calls from a number I don't recognize but it's a local area code. I was also getting emails from someone who said she was trying to get in touch with me but kept missing me. I finally answered this unknown number and found it was her--she'd been calling me from her Google Voice number and not leaving a message so I would know it was her.

Aaaaand now that she's on the phone, it's been like 15 minutes with me just saying "Mmhmm" every now and then. Just when we were finally getting to the reason why she called, the call dropped. Great.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

My parents are trying to guilt trip me about "taking their grandchildren away". I've always been a daddy's girl, so it's especially brutal from him. I just keep trying to tell myself that they moved away from me first (for my dad's job while I was a freshman in college). They didn't let me stop them - not that I tried, if I didn't hate packing so much, I would have helped them.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
I've been getting calls from a number I don't recognize but it's a local area code. I was also getting emails from someone who said she was trying to get in touch with me but kept missing me. I finally answered this unknown number and found it was her--she'd been calling me from her Google Voice number and not leaving a message so I would know it was her.

Aaaaand now that she's on the phone, it's been like 15 minutes with me just saying "Mmhmm" every now and then. Just when we were finally getting to the reason why she called, the call dropped. Great.
she needs some money...?
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”