GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,601
1 members and 1,600 guests
haleyjuniroz689

Old 04-27-2012, 08:48 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^
Old 04-27-2012, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Would like either the lottery fairy or job fairy to send me a blessing. Don't care which because I work for Satan's minions!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:55 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been getting overwhelmed easily lately and find myself wondering why I choose to make my life difficult. I am finishing my five year career/school plan a year early (probably June '13) and after that, I am just going to simplify. I am going to cut out all unnecessary commitments and focus only on what I really WANT to be doing. So the next 5 year plan is to simplify my life instead of working myself like I have been lately.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:17 PM
GreekChat Member

NY Film Academy registration complete. FAFSA complete. Potential housing found. Current house listed for rent. One bathroom cleaned out (hey, I'm starting small).

Holy shit, this is actually happening.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
NY Film Academy registration complete. FAFSA complete. Potential housing found. Current house listed for rent. One bathroom cleaned out (hey, I'm starting small).

Holy shit, this is actually happening.
OMG - already had an interest inquiry on my house! I'm not getting my hopes up, but AWESOME! I had no idea what to list it for, and so I guessed high. I'm only wanting to cover the mortgage (and any repair expenses that come up), not make a profit and what I listed it at will totally do that.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Great pic, AF!

After a 14 hour day spent preparing for and then attending a funeral for a 13 year old I am very happy to be home. I'm holding my boys a little closer tonight.

I also am sicker than a dog.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Is it time to move in yet? I'm sick of dealing with real life.

ETA: 20 days.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Should not have put on sweats. I don't want to go out anymore...

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 04-28-2012, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

I love streaming movies.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

1. I hate law school exams.

2. I have to be the only person in the history of my school who got in trouble for overuse of the law library. I hope it goes on my personal record and my professors read it while grading. They'd probably thing, "wow, in trouble for studying too much. A+!"

3. Some of my classmates take things to seriously. We got our "grades" in for a pass/fail yearlong course all 1Ls have to take in Social Justice. Self-satisfied gunner we all can't stand says, "Guess what everyone, I got a P for social justice!" I replied, "Really? I got a P+!" He started bitching how that was totally not fair and went running to complain to our dean. Pretty entertaining later on overhearing the dean explaining to him that you can't get a P+.

4. Middle aged dude in front of me at the grocery store was buying tons of baby oil, whipped cream, strawberries...and beef jerky and a teen magazine with the Biebs on the cover. I can't even....
Old 04-28-2012, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by I2K Beta Mu View Post
Dude loves him some cars LOL. That's tight as hell, but I don't get into those tiny ass sports cars. I have an 83' Olds Cutlass, I hooked up. I like bigger older cars I can fix up. I know you design cars for a living and you know your shit and all, but I'm just not feeling it like you are.
I wouldn't expect you to. Generally, automotive stylists aren't going to see cars in the same light as people who are not auto stylists or ID people. For me, it's not just the styling, it's the reasons behind the decisions that were made for the styling, and the form of the car following the function of the car. Ferrari's designs are all functional. That's beauty to me. With today's supercars, they're generally going to be designed so they can be aerodynamically stable at high speeds without the need for moving wings and other functional tack-ons. The F12's styling is based strictly on function, as are most Ferraris.
Romans 1:16
Old 04-28-2012, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

So adpialum1 has been banned and all her posts deleted, along with the entire thread from yesterday? The banning makes perfect sense as would locking yesterday's thread, but why delete all her posts and the thread? All that does is remove the evidence of what this apparently notorious perp has posted here, so that when she comes back (and I bet she will be back) there's no evidence of what she's said here before.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post
So adpialum1 has been banned and all her posts deleted, along with the entire thread from yesterday? The banning makes perfect sense as would locking yesterday's thread, but why delete all her posts and the thread? All that does is remove the evidence of what this apparently notorious perp has posted here, so that when she comes back (and I bet she will be back) there's no evidence of what she's said here before.
Co-sign!

Plus there's some people who started the thread but didn't have time to finish lol

What I feel like saying right now...

Dad, I love you so much! But I'm not sure how much of the "OMG YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED AND MOVING OUT" emotions I can handle. Just now, we were sitting watching Modern Family and he asked me for a hug and started getting all teary eyed because "we won't be able to do this anymore." Sure, I'm not going to be here for little everyday things but I'm moving 20 minutes away. I'm getting married, not dying!!! lol

Last edited by lovespink88; 04-28-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovespink88 View Post
Co-sign!

Plus there's some people who started the thread but didn't have time to finish lol

What I feel like saying right now...

Dad, I love you so much! But I'm not sure how much of the "OMG YOU'RE GETTING MARRIED AND MOVING OUT" emotions I can handle. Just now, we were sitting watching Modern Family and he asked me for a hug and started getting all teary eyed because "we won't be able to do this anymore." Sure, I'm not going to be here for little everyday things but I'm moving 20 minutes away. I'm getting married, not dying!!! lol
You'll get it, someday. I'm going through the same thing as hypo gets ready to go away to college because I'm fairly certain she'll never live here again.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
You'll get it, someday. I'm going through the same thing as hypo gets ready to go away to college because I'm fairly certain she'll never live here again.
Oh I know I will.

I just feel so bad every time he gets so choked up!! lol