GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,493
1 members and 1,492 guests
Pinkmagnolia921

Old 01-03-2009, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

New initiation gift ideas as inspired by the APO store at national convention:

APO now has Forget-me-not seeds for sale for only a dollar each! (per packet) So what you could do is decorate a flower pot and give the pot and the seeds to the new initiate. FYI: I'm sure you could get regular packets of seeds for less, but the APO ones have the APO logo on them.

APO has a candy jar with the coat of arms -- fill it with blue and gold jelly beans. (I'm currently on the lookout for CHEAP jelly beans in bulk. I love Jelly Belly but dammit they're expensive.

From Family Dollar, I recently bought some nesting baskets without the handles. I realize they aren't the best quality baskets, but I like them for non-permanent use. I plan on spray painting them and using them as containers for the gifts I give out.

At the APO store they made me take old convention shirts as a free gift at check out LOL..... I absolutely hated this particular design, but I took one for my "AI."

I basically got everything I could possibly need for my honorary initiate for under $60. Anything else I get will most likely be handmade and personalized somehow.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-22-2009, 11:45 AM
GreekChat Member

kd4me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailboatgirl View Post
Shrink-e-dinks! I remember them fondly...using colored pencils and coloring them in and then putting them on a cookie sheet to "bake" Aw, childhood!

True confessions time...when I was in college, I was in charge of skit night one year during recruitment. I spent the summer making shrinky-dink nametags for all of our members that would match our skit. It was a different time back then.

I had never played with shrinky dinks before, and haven't since! Wonder if they till make them? That would be fun to do with my kids in a few years!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
New initiation gift ideas as inspired by the APO store at national convention:

APO now has Forget-me-not seeds for sale for only a dollar each! (per packet) So what you could do is decorate a flower pot and give the pot and the seeds to the new initiate. FYI: I'm sure you could get regular packets of seeds for less, but the APO ones have the APO logo on them.

APO has a candy jar with the coat of arms -- fill it with blue and gold jelly beans. (I'm currently on the lookout for CHEAP jelly beans in bulk. I love Jelly Belly but dammit they're expensive.

From Family Dollar, I recently bought some nesting baskets without the handles. I realize they aren't the best quality baskets, but I like them for non-permanent use. I plan on spray painting them and using them as containers for the gifts I give out.

At the APO store they made me take old convention shirts as a free gift at check out LOL..... I absolutely hated this particular design, but I took one for my "AI."

I basically got everything I could possibly need for my honorary initiate for under $60. Anything else I get will most likely be handmade and personalized somehow.
Well, my honorary initiate crossed this weekend! I spray painted a basket metallic blue and used gold tissue paper to line it. I ended up getting him everything I listed above, plus:

APO license plate frame
APO note cube
A personalized wooden picture from from greekgear.com
And because he is an educator, a blue plastic pencil box which I decorated with an APO sticker and put the following items in: APO pencils, APO pens, a blue protractor, APO shield pin, lanyard keychain, and blue and gold smiley face stickers.

He loved it!
Old 03-24-2009, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD4Me View Post
True confessions time...when I was in college, I was in charge of skit night one year during recruitment. I spent the summer making shrinky-dink nametags for all of our members that would match our skit. It was a different time back then.

I had never played with shrinky dinks before, and haven't since! Wonder if they till make them? That would be fun to do with my kids in a few years!
Yes they do, my kids love to make key chain charms out of shrinky dinks. You can buy them at Barnes & Noble in the kids section or just about any craft store.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

For Zetas:

Surprise your little legacy with this (and the proceeds go to breast care research!): Princess Crown