GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,420
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, abryanswftz6979
» Online Users: 2,813
1 members and 2,812 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-26-2021, 05:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
I've been on GC for years, and numbers like this still boggle my mind. When I was an active, total was 80. LOL
A few others have been posted in this thread

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2021, 02:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
I've been on GC for years, and numbers like this still boggle my mind. When I was an active, total was 80. LOL
When I was an active, our entire NPC system was about 150. among 5 chapters. "Total" was referenced in Panhel documents, but none of us could have defined it.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGTess View Post
When I was an active, our entire NPC system was about 150. among 5 chapters. "Total" was referenced in Panhel documents, but none of us could have defined it.
When I pledged, we had 4 NPC chapters, and about 120 women. We had one local that had about 15 women. There were two "little sister" groups who probably numbered around 25 each. They became NPCs a few years later when the little sister groups were banned as part of Title IX (to maintain single gender organizations).
Old 08-30-2021, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

When I was a collegiate member, we had three NPC sororities on campus and hovered around 60 members total across all three. To have 125+ new members per chapter blows my mind.

@~/~~~~
Old 08-30-2021, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

As boggled as our minds are, this is just normal for girls there now. It's been like this for the past 7-8-9 or so years.
Our second year after colonization, the Fraternity had to rewrite some of our rules because our numbers went beyond what anybody could imagine. ONE officer to handle all recs? That was impossible.

Old 08-30-2021, 05:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Alabama's recruitment went off the charts when the school started recruiting OOS students - particularly ones in Texas. With their top 10% only rule, many Texas students were left out. In stepped Alabama with scholarship money and multiple football National Championships. Football is a big deal in Texas. With their colleges tanking in football - Alabama thrashed UT in one NC game - the students were ripe for the picking.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Is Texas driving some of the giant numbers at Arkansas and Ole Miss, too? 160+ in a pledge class at Arkansas?! It would take me a whole semester to learn all their names.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Alabama's recruitment went off the charts when the school started recruiting OOS students - particularly ones in Texas. With their top 10% only rule, many Texas students were left out. In stepped Alabama with scholarship money and multiple football National Championships. Football is a big deal in Texas. With their colleges tanking in football - Alabama thrashed UT in one NC game - the students were ripe for the picking.
Alabama colleges pluck a lot of students from Georgia as well. They offer scholarships and in state tuition to many.
Old 08-31-2021, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low D Flat View Post
Is Texas driving some of the giant numbers at Arkansas and Ole Miss, too? 160+ in a pledge class at Arkansas?! It would take me a whole semester to learn all their names.
Absolutely. and Georgia, I suspect.
Those lottery-funded educations are great, but a lot of good students get pushed out.

I know California students are surging to out-of-state colleges. There are scads at Alabama.

Old 08-31-2021, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
Absolutely. and Georgia, I suspect.
Those lottery-funded educations are great, but a lot of good students get pushed out.

I know California students are surging to out-of-state colleges. There are scads at Alabama.
Yep. I know a kid who didn't get into UGA with a 3.8 GPA. He went to Bama. I swear, I know more people's kids who've gone out of state rather than stay. A lot of them go to Alabama schools.