GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,392
2 members and 1,390 guests
3DGator, LaneSig

Old 08-15-2002, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Carnation! I am excited for your sweetie,please send her my best and tell her I KNOW she will make the right choice!

Ok forgive me for off topic here-
Will they be televising any of the football games? I really want to see Blazercheer CHEER!

If not, do you all play anyone in La., maybe I could hit a game.

How many on her squad? I know at LSU, the cheerleaders have stringent schedules and the skill level is unimaginable-does she have a heavy load?

Ok, that was like one of those messages that interrupts the regularly scheduled programs, but I really want to know!

I'd say "break a leg" but ooooooooooh, NOT for a cheerleader!

Last edited by justamom; 08-15-2002 at 08:07 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-15-2002, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

Justamom,

VSU is in the Gulf South Conference and plays teams in Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee, Alabama, and Georgia. Maybe you could see them on TV when they play Delta State?

There are maybe 18 (??) on BlazerCheer's squad and I haven't seen them perform but they compete nationally so I want to make it a point to see them too, maybe when they play West Georgia in Carrollton...BlazerCheer has some seriously great tumbling and I hope she gets to use it while cheering!

As for rush updates--

The PNMs had pref parties tonight and have probably just finished signing bid cards. They're on silence now and can't communicate with the outside world until after they get their bids at 11 AM tomorrow so we'll know zip until at least then.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Two incredible organizations! Both will be very lucky if she puts a #1 next to either - I don't care who she picks- I just hope she gets the home and sisters where she is the happiest!
Old 08-15-2002, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to be checking at 11:05 am tomorrow, I can't wait to hear the news!!
Old 08-15-2002, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Lil_ChiO_Lady
The Suspense is killing me and I won't be able to check around 11 tomorrow since I'm doing crafts at the house for Rush...BUSY, BUSY!...But I'll just find out tomorrow night.

Good Luck to her and you Carnation, it is like your being kept in a prison,but it keeps it interesting and fun.
Psi Zeta Chapter
Old 08-15-2002, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

oooh I'm so excited....

Ballerina, I hope you find the home away from home and the sisterhood that you are looking for. Either organization should be proud to call you their sister Make sure to call home early so we will not all have to wait in suspense

Carnation,

I hope you are still holding up well. Can't wait to check tomorrow on where Ballerina went. Send BlazerCheer my best. I hope that everything works out for her.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dzsaigirl
Is there a chance that BlazerCheer might get snapped up by someone? My roomie freshman year dropped out of rush and the day I got back to the dorms (I did not rush then) it was Bid Day and I answered the phone and it was a call to see if she wanted to accept a bid from one of the sororities...then they asked me, HA! (keep in mind, I did not want to join a sorority then, and they already knew me, so it wasn't like they were all "hi stranger, wanna join?". Anyway, long story short, there is still a chance, isn't there?

***Edited for clarification: Neither of us accepted, but if we had wanted to we could have, so there is a chance...Hold out hope!***

Last edited by dzsaigirl; 08-15-2002 at 09:32 PM.
Old 08-15-2002, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

geez!

I haven't been able to post for a couple days, but I've been keeping up with all this and am SUPER EXCITED that she chose Phi Mu to return to. Both of the chapters she could chose from are awesome (I'm obviously biased) and know she'll be happy at either one. Anyway, I just wanted to add my good luck, not that she needs it anymore! I can't wait to hear if I have another amazing sister!!!

Tara
I have a Phi Mu castle...
Old 08-15-2002, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck to Ballerina! I'm sure the board will be flooded with wellwishers in the morning!!

And hey Carnation, I might just have to go to the UCA-Valdosta game if Blazercheer's going to be there too. One of my company's interns is an offensive lineman for UCA, and I was meaning to go see one of his games this season. It would be twice the fun if I knew of two people involved! (Of course I would have no idea which one Blazercheer is though.) But, I've always had a ton of respect for all-female collegiate squads, so I'd love to see the team if they'll be at the game!
Old 08-15-2002, 09:59 PM
GreekChat Member

By the time I get to work (at 3) Friday afternoon, we should know! In a perfect world, Ballerina would get her top choice, and Blazercheer would be snap-bidded and find out it's the perfect place for her, too. Oh, I just want everybody to be happy.
Old 08-15-2002, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
ooooooh I'm so excited to find out where she went! I know that whatever choice she made it was the perfect one for her, but I am cheering for Phi Mu!

Carnation, how can you stand the wait?
Old 08-15-2002, 11:10 PM
GreekChat Member

oh, me oh my...

I am on the edge of my seat. I might just have to wake up "early" tomorrow (yes, I'm sleeping in for the rest of the summer until class starts again!!!) to see what Carnation says! Oh I can't wait to see where Ballerina goes!

Maybe BlazerCheer will get a snap bid! And if not... there's always informal in the spring if she decides to go through again

Greek Love!!!

Brianna
Phi Mu
Kappa Sigma, fall 2001
Old 08-15-2002, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

pbear. . .

If you're going to the UCA game, I'll go with you!!! I got my Master's degree from UCA, although I claim HSU as my home. (We can go to the Valdosta-Henderson game too, if it's in town!).

I would love to see Blazercheer doin' her thing!!!!

As for silence. . .I don't know if I could stand no contact with anyone outside of recruitment!!! What do they do to keep themselves occupied?
Old 08-16-2002, 12:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Maybe we can make it a GC outing... since UALR has no football team, I can go cheer for UCA!

TG
Old 08-16-2002, 10:01 AM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
It's 10am, only 1 more hour! hopefully ballerina will call and tell carnation! i "forgot" to tell my mom after bid day was over.