GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,418
2 members and 1,416 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

OP double posted this and her other posts to College Confidential, so I'm pretty sure she's the real deal. I knew so many girls like this in college, who had no idea what recruitment was all about and didn't take the time to learn about the process because of preconceived notions and their belief that they were in charge of their sorority destiny. The internet compounds this problem. If OP was so forthcoming online, I believe fully that she said these same things prior to recruitment in the presence of her Greek roommates and other Greeks she knows.

What is troubling is that she came on here for advice, she was given that advice, and it appears she completely disregarded it and yet still wanted to know why she didn't get her top choices back. So I don't know what to make of a person like that. Michigan doesn't exactly take dummies, but she sabotaged herself here.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I feel for the OP, I really do. But I think her post is worth keeping up, simply because it could be beneficial to other PNMs. One cannot do this kind of thing and expect to end up ANYWHERE. She is now the poster child for what NOT to do prior to Recruitment.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Well Irish, I don't know that it will help because when you're 10 foot tall and bullet proof and know everything there is to know about being in a sorority when you aren't actually IN one, then reading about some other dumb girl who thought she was all that and wasn't isn't going to turn on any lightbulbs.

But I do still wish her the best and hope she stuck with it once she learned her lesson. On a side note (just thinking out loud, not expecting anyone to answer) I'm wondering if there are any chapters that will be below total and doing COB after rush. Now that she's learned her lesson, giving that less than stellar chapter a chance (if they'll give her one) might be an option, if she doesn't make it through formal.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
What is troubling is that she came on here for advice, she was given that advice, and it appears she completely disregarded it and yet still wanted to know why she didn't get her top choices back. So I don't know what to make of a person like that. Michigan doesn't exactly take dummies, but she sabotaged herself here.
Can I get an AAAAAAAAAMEN. I'm betting that the OP probably also got at least a few PMs right after she posted (before the QFP) saying that she needed to edit her post, and disregarded them.

Also, the concept that you can't be a bitch when you're 19 = very very silly.
Old 09-15-2012, 01:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubaiSis View Post

But I do still wish her the best and hope she stuck with it once she learned her lesson. On a side note (just thinking out loud, not expecting anyone to answer) I'm wondering if there are any chapters that will be below total and doing COB after rush. Now that she's learned her lesson, giving that less than stellar chapter a chance (if they'll give her one) might be an option, if she doesn't make it through formal.

This is such a great idea, and I understand you're thinking out loud because you, like the rest of us, wish all collegiate women could have the same great experience we've had in our sororities. But I really get the sense (based on her complete disregard of common sense advice and having known girls like this) that she hasn't learned her lesson and is going to be a bitter anti-Greek who doesn't understand how her beautiful and perfect self could be passed over.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

THIS...

You're an adult at 19, whether you like it or not. Hundreds of other girls are managing to go through recruitment at UM without publicly acting like this. Why should she be expected to act differently? Time to grow up.

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for this girl.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpiucf View Post
Michigan doesn't exactly take dummies, but she sabotaged herself here.
I gotta say as an MSU Spartan, you all have to quit lobbing these comments out there. It's taking every ounce of restraint I have to not respond.

I bet the OSU folks around here are feeling the same way.

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
I gotta say as an MSU Spartan, you all have to quit lobbing these comments out there. It's taking every ounce of restraint I have to not respond.

I bet the OSU folks around here are feeling the same way.
We know we're better than you, so say whatever you want, little brother.

(And before anyone jumps down my throat, this is a UM/MSU thing.)
Old 09-15-2012, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCarnation View Post
We know we're better than you, so say whatever you want, little brother.

(And before anyone jumps down my throat, this is a UM/MSU thing.)
Little brother? I don't think so.

How many in a row have we beat you? Four?

You'll enjoy this.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Little brother? I don't think so.

How many in a row have we beat you? Four?

You'll enjoy this.
It pained me to have to make a pick for tonight's game--two of my least favorite schools. Too bad you can't tie!

(But that video is good stuff )
Old 09-15-2012, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It pained me to have to make a pick for tonight's game--two of my least favorite schools. Too bad you can't tie!

(But that video is good stuff )
That's how I felt when you played Alabama and Nick Saban. Oh, for the days when there could be a tie! LOL!

Old 09-16-2012, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That's how I felt when you played Alabama and Nick Saban. Oh, for the days when there could be a tie! LOL!
Never mind. Seeing you guys fail to score a TD felt pretty good
Old 09-16-2012, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Never mind. Seeing you guys fail to score a TD felt pretty good
Wasn't that a pathetic display? I turned it off waaaaaay before it was over.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I have to say OMG to the OP. I have to say coming onto GC, saying what school you go to, your year. Then saying that your roommates are ADPi but your not interested in ADPi and then saying that you are interested in the "top tiers" and what they are and then being dropped by all but one house, hmm sucks to be you. I get being 19 but it's called maturity and having some class. You can't go onto a public forum, give as much personal information as was given, diss sororities and expect them to want to invite you back.
Word does get around, whether their are sisters from UM on these boards, there are people who know people and word will get there saying "you might want to think twice about this PNM".
I hope, if anything, to the OP, that this gave you a reality check. The phrase, "what goes around comes around" is very true.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt