GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,182
1 members and 2,181 guests
Titchou

Old 09-14-2012, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience sometimes comes from bad judgement.

(said somebody somewhere)

I hope the OP learns from her experience.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-14-2012, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAOnlytheBest View Post
Maybe because you're a self absorbed bitch.
Whoa...seriously? If I were a ZTA I would be ashamed to call you my sister.

The OP may have made a mistake. The OP might not have understood the process. The OP is..what 19? She is still young and has a lot to learn about life. She may be naive, she may be shallow...but a bitch?

But for you to sum up a person's life and character based on one paragraph...I am ashamed...(and yes, in this case one sentence reveals much about your character) that we share the Greek experience.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTAOnlytheBest View Post
Maybe because you're a self absorbed bitch.
I find your username to be ironic.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-14-2012, 03:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post

The OP may have made a mistake. The OP might not have understood the process. The OP is..what 19? She is still young and has a lot to learn about life. She may be naive, she may be shallow...but a bitch?

But for you to sum up a person's life and character based on one paragraph...I am ashamed...(and yes, in this case one sentence reveals much about your character) that we share the Greek experience.
Again, not to defend ZTA's exact words, but there is a history with the poster's comments and if you read her previous threads, you may not have felt too positively towards her. Yes, we all make mistakes, so let's give ZTA a break too.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok...so I read the OP's original question. To paraphrase...I didn't have the wherewithall to go through recruitment my freshman year. I want to be part of the most popular houses at the University of Michigan. How do I get my dream?

Most pnms who write their stories start out my wanting the "best" houses on campus. (I have never seen a thread that said ABC has the worst return rate and they are fighting for their house to remain open.) I have seen just a few threads where the pnm got the "best" house(s) on campus. Generally, the pnm who gets the "best tier" houses say, "I'm so happy I am now an ABC!" MOST of the time the pnm discovers a new path and is happy that she kept the proverbial open mind.

The OP here was perhaps inflexible....rude....childish....blinded by perceived status.
She is living with her choices. I do not see an apology ZTA...or even a hint that she regrets her attitude or her post.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebud View Post
One thing to note is that just because her username says ZTA we don't actually know if she is a member of ZTA. This is a internet forum anyone could sign up with ABC Sorority Username. We don't verify that you are an actual member of ABC.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
I hope the OP learns from her experience.
Ditto. And keep in mind that some young adults simply mature later than others. I know I was in my mid-20s before I was able to act my age socially. Needless to say, sorority recruitment was a disaster for me!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevara View Post
One thing to note is that just because her username says ZTA we don't actually know if she is a member of ZTA. This is a internet forum anyone could sign up with ABC Sorority Username. We don't verify that you are an actual member of ABC.
You are correct. Perhaps this person isn't a ZTA. If she is not a member I apologize to any ZTAs who's reputation was sullied by her and my response.

If the poster is Greek or a human being I still am ashamed of her response.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

It is certainly possible that the OP is a troll. Unfortunately the scenario happens often: Girl wants top tier house. Girl gets dropped by the top tier houses. Girl assesses options. Girl decides to drop because other houses aren't worthy of her. And now she is sad.

OR Girl gets dropped by the "best" houses. Girl looks around and sees all her options. Girl pledges and is happy. She is in the "best" house.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low C Sharp View Post
If this was trollery, it was genius. I wonder if we'll ever know.
If it was a troll I don't think they would have deleted their posts in the other thread.
Old 09-14-2012, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

The OP has PMed me and nicely asked if I'd remove my QFPs. I'm going to politely say no. I'm not being bitchy about it, but the damage has been done for you RKelly/Sarah. Your invite list is your proof that you messed up just about any chance. Deleting QFPs will not get you closer to a bid. You now have to live with the consequences, and I do hope that you've learned a valuable lesson. I think this thread will serve as a great example and lesson to other PNMs. The internet is forever, and sorority women are smart and observant. Post too much personal info, and they WILL put the pieces of your puzzle together, so don't act the fool online.

"I know you like to think that your shit don't stink, but, Move a little bit closer, see, roses really smell like poopoopoo." ~Outkast
Old 09-14-2012, 11:43 PM

She pm'd me too. I figured why take it down when about 5 other people QFP'd as well? Not all of them are going to take it down. The damage has been done, learn from your mistakes and move on.
Old 09-15-2012, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I no longer think she's a troll. She PMed me and asked me politely and contritely, too. A troll wouldn't do that. I deleted my post because she asked nicely and because we were all 19 and really stupid once, too. Fortunately for me, I was 19 and stupid before the internet age made the evidence of my stupidity permanent. Can we take the high road and cut her some slack ladies? She's been hurt enough already, and she DID use the magic word in her PM -- "please." Come on, ladies. Think of the stupidest thing you ever did by age 19, and be glad it's not posted on the internet (assuming that it isn't).
Old 09-15-2012, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Wait a second. I think we're talking about the ZTAthebest poster as being the troll. Or are we talking about two trolls? What? Somebody HELP me out here.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-15-2012, 12:26 PM
GreekChat Member

AZTheta, I was referring to OP as a possible troll. I had originally assumed privately that OP could be completely fake --a troll. Correct me if my terminology is wrong, but I thought a troll was someone who joins GC just to post bogus and inflammatory stories and questions with the sole purpose of eliciting negative and excited responses.

(I hope OP IS a fake/troll because I hate to think that someone really is going through what she is now.)