GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,112
1 members and 1,111 guests
No Members online

Old 01-18-2013, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush: House had one event then nothing else?

There's been much speculation that some houses on campus already knows who they want to give bids to, but earlier this week they had an open dinner event. Other fraternities that apparently knew who they wanted are just having closed parties so far. Is this an indication that this one house is actually looking for new pledges?
Old 01-18-2013, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Look, you don't need to start a new thread for every question.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

It depends on the chapter.

A chapter might not "need" any new pledges. Perhaps they already have a pledge class lined up (from closed events) or they normally do not take a pledge class during the spring. Yet they may still have open events just to see if there are any men who may be worthy of receiving a bid.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

It's really time for you to step away from the keyboard and start asking real life people these questions.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Dude you are starting to show us why you're getting a not so positive response from the fraternities at your school.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM
GreekChat Member

alright, sorry for overusing the forum, but at the same time, chill. I can't exactly go up and ask a fraternity president or brother why they're not texting me, what their bid process is, etc. I have talked to brothers and got a bunch of questions answered, but not all of them. I sincerely thought the purpose of this forum was to get questions answered. My apologies
Old 01-18-2013, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Row View Post
Dude you are starting to show us why you're getting a not so positive response from the fraternities at your school.
Sorry man.. I feel like all I've done is ask a few questions about stuff I didn't know, admittedly probably making one too many assumptions. Sincerely, my bad, but I think the reactions on here are a bit unwarranted
Old 01-18-2013, 09:39 PM
Super Moderator

It's not that so much that you asked too many questions as it appears that you are desperate, which might be coming (or came) across to the fraternity guys. That might turn folks off.

Truly, if they want you at their party, they will call you. If it doesn't work out for you this semester, get involved in something else on campus-intramurals, debate team, some kind of club, run for student senate, etc. If you still feel like you want to join a fraternity in the fall, give it another shot then.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

From one of your other threads, I gather you transferred and this is your first semester at your school? Your school isn't huge, so coming in mid-year would possibly put you at a disadvantage because you didn't meet any fraternity men last semester like a lot of the guys in recruitment may have.

The good news is that it is the beginning of a brand new semester and you can get out and about to meet people. That includes guys in fraternities. Academics first, of course, but make this semester also about getting acclimated to your new school, meeting people and learning about the fraternities. Meeting and observing them in non-recruitment situations is also a good way to get an idea of where you would best fit in. With so many chapters on your campus, you should be able to find a good house for you.

It's hard, I know, but try not to take this personally and don't get bitter -- the majority of fraternities didn't even meet you. Of those who did, the reasons you haven't heard back could be any of the reasons you have already been given and things might be very different in the fall. Get out around campus, meet people, put your best foot forward and try again in the fall. Best wishes to you!