GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,451
0 members and 1,451 guests
No Members online

Old 08-01-2010, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gogreen View Post
I'm in Sig A too! (Gamma Chapter)
I would definitely consider us a national sorority. We're up to 53 collegiate chapters and starting more every year. I wonder how that number compares to the NPC sororities?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationa...erence#Members
Old 12-09-2010, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Nu Omega Psi Sorority, Inc.

First & foremost, thank you for this discussion topic. I'm so happy to see that up and coming organizations are gaining more recognition.

Nu Omega Psi Sorority was founded on September 9, 2007 in Fairmont, North Carolina. This is an independent black Greek-lettered org (BGLO) and social organization based on community service, and sisterhood. We currently have four active chapters, for now.

We also have a brother organization known as Nu Phi Psi Fraternity, Inc. They are a lot older than us, established on June 23, 1988 at Baldwin-Wallace College in Berea, Ohio.

www.nuomegapsisorority.org | www.nuphipsi.org
Old 11-23-2011, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Not sure if they have been mentioned here or not, but Alpha Pi Phi Sorority seems to be growing pretty fast up in canada.

They were founded at Carleton University in Ottawa in Feb. of 2009, last March they opened their Beta Chapter at Brock University and I believe they started a Gamma colony last spring two. My sisters and I were seriously interested in colonizing them as well, but finally decided to create our own sisterhood.

Alpha Pi Phi is known for its incredibly strong recruitment (for both chapters) and is a wonderful organization. I think there will be many more chapters in the works in the next few years if these ladies keep being as successful as they have been.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Beta Xi Sorortiy Inc was founded in 2003. It caters to women with children but is open to any woman age 18 and up that supports sisterhood, higher education, motherhood, community service and the family unit.
Old 04-21-2012, 06:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Lambda Gamma National Sorority, Inc. was briefly mentioned in a previous post but I wanted to expand on it lol.

I don't know if we are still considered "up and coming" but Sigma Lambda Gamma was established on April 9th 1990 (We just turned 22 years old! Yay!) And in that 22 years, the sorority expanded to 112 chapters, about 30 colonies and 24 alumnae associations.

Old 11-22-2012, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Kappa Epsilon Psi

Kappa Epsilon Psi is a military sorority that caters to women of the armed forces. If you are active, national guard, retired, a veteran, and have been honorably discharged then you are eligible for membership in Kappa Epsilon Psi. Founded in 2011 we are definitely an "up and coming" organization. We recently had Four lines go through this year, with our next lines starting in January. Also in January we will establish our three chapters in Hawaii and two in Virginia (Hampton Roads and Northern, VA). In May of 2013 we will have our first Reveille (annual convention).

www.militarysorority.com
Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Nu Omega Psi Sorority, Inc.

I see my Soror gave a little info about our great organization! Nu Omega Psi Sorority, Inc. now has 7 active chapters! Our chapters consist of graduate, undergraduate, and professional members.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Sigma Lambda Xi is a new civic fraternity of diverse men, driven to demonstrate brotherhood, achieve professional excellence and provide selfless service to the community. Sigma Lambda Xi offers the fraternal experience to men regardless of their collegiate accomplishments. Within our organization, you will be empowered and have the unique opportunity to Discover Your Greatness.

http://sigmalambdaxi.com