GreekChat.com Forums

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 209,800
Threads: 109,470
Welcome to our newest member, Ucrgvyh

Old 11-05-2014, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

This made me really excited and I was so excited to share it on this thread! haha

So I went to check out letters with a sister today and a woman comes up to us asking if we're gamma phi. we say yes! (even though I was wearing a spirit jersey and my other sister was wearing letters). She then said shes a sister of the alpha chi chapter! She then told us how shes heading to JMU for their gamma phi intiation because her work friend daughter just became a member there and she wanted to get her a cute gift. She also was telling us how her daughter goes to UVA and she was planning to go visit her and her little as well.

I was just beyond excited because I've actually never met a sister outside my own chapter and she was just so nice and welcoming and was saying how much she loved being a collegiate and alumna now.

Please contribute to help with the costs of running GreekChat.

Donations can be made via PayPal or Fundly.

Everyone who chips in towards this GreekChat fundraiser will have a GC premium membership added to their account (or extended, for those who already have GC premium memberships). [discuss]

Old 11-05-2014, 10:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Working as an election judge, one woman came in with a Lambda Theta Alpha Sorority Upsilon chapter reunion shirt.
Old 11-05-2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by naraht View Post
Working as an election judge, one woman came in with a Lambda Theta Alpha Sorority Upsilon chapter reunion shirt.
How many people wore something with their letters on it to the polls? I wore a pin ring - just in case!
Old 11-06-2014, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

While dining al fresco in Philly last night (yes, it was actually warm enough to do that!), I saw a young woman pass by wearing an AXiD jersey. Could've been from the Temple U. chapter.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:11 PM

Just came from a choir rehearsal. Turns out there's an Alpha Phi Alpha in the group. He arrived wearing a knitted cap with his letters on it.

It's not often that you see someone well past college age wearing letters ... it's good to see.
Never give up. Never surrender.
Old 11-08-2014, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
It's not often that you see someone well past college age wearing letters ... it's good to see.
This reminded me of an older man I see sometimes when I work out at the campus recreation center. He is always, and I mean ALWAYS, head-to-toe decked in purple and yellow Omega Psi Phi gear. Hat, shirt, pants, bag, everything is purple and yellow. It's inspiring to see someone at least in his 60s so dedicated to his fraternity!
I'm a Clemson Alpha Delta Pi!
Old 11-10-2014, 10:32 PM
GreekChat Member

An employee at American Eagle yesterday was wearing an SAO event tshirt.

Xi Delta Alumna
Old 11-17-2014, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: On the rolling plains of Dixie 'Neath its sun-kissed sky,
Omega Psi Phi dog tags on contestant Bill - a culinary instructor from Atlanta on Food Network's Holiday Baking Championship. He's doing really well too!
Old 11-17-2014, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Split License Plate - Two NPHC Fraternities!

In the parking lot at my local grocery store, I saw a split license plate, which I normally see with one NPHC Fraternity and one NPHC sorority (like Omega Psi Phi/Sigma Gamma Rho). The one had two NPHC Fraternities. (Alpha Phi Alpha/Kappa Alpha Psi). I actually turned around and parked near them so I could get a better look at it.

Took me a little aback, but I'm in Montgomery County, Maryland, just north of DC which is one of the more liberal areas of the country.
Old Yesterday, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Any New Girl fans watch last night's episode? Schmidt mentioned running into "Pi Phis" (no Beta), I was just like, "did I just hear that right?" The show's not as good as it used to be but I still enjoy it.

I think my best story is this summer, I ran into a Pi Phi LDC (leadership development consultant, they're recent graduates who travel to chapters during the school year) at the main train station in Munich, Germany! We were weighing fruit and I noticed her shirt said "Phi" on the back, so I just asked her what it said. Turns out she's an Arkansas Alpha!