GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,412
2 members and 1,410 guests
janesstexxda745

Old 01-27-2016, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Preference – Max number of houses for this day was 3. I realized I totally forgot to talk about what I wore after the first day so I'm just gonna bring it back today! I wore tan wedges, a maroon shift dress with a lace overlay at the top, and (fake) pearl earrings with a "diamond" ring around the pearls, and matching bracelets (pearls and "diamonds"). I was really nervous that I wouldn’t be invited back to WCSS. But when I got my schedule it read:
Senior Elite
Lady Jags
WCSS

Finally some retention of chapters! Naturally, my favorite house was last, but at least it gave me something to look forward to.
Senior Elite – The girl I was paired with was not someone I had talked to earlier in the week, which was kind of a bummer, but at the same time there wasn’t really a specific girl I felt super connected to, so it makes sense. I can’t say too much about the preference ceremony, but this was the only day that houses could serve anything other than water, and their drink was absolutely delicious! I wanted more! The decorations were super cute, but I don’t remember what my conversations were like.
Lady Jags – I was hoping to be paired with the girl I spoke to on sisterhood day in this house, but I wasn’t, which was a bummer. Their drink was also tasty. My conversations were okay but not like they were the day before with the girl I really clicked with. I knew from sisterhood round that I could be happy in this house, but I wasn’t enamored with it like I was WCSS.
WCSS – I was originally picked up by a girl who I hadn’t met before – a surprise since I knew houses usually tried to pair you up with someone you clicked with. But I only spoke to that girl for a minute before the girl who picked me up on philanthropy came over and told me that she really wanted to talk to me again but she had to read the names at the door, so she asked her friend to pick me up and then came over and switched with her. This was, of course, flattering! But we had a really good conversation and I felt relaxed here. When we went in to the preference ceremony, it was beautiful (after I did something super embarrassing that I don’t think I can say without giving details of the pref ceremony). I cried. Like, a lot. The speeches and songs just really got me and I knew it was where I belonged. Then the girl I was talking to came back to me (she was a part of the ceremony) and asked me if I was okay… bad choice because I can’t talk if I’m crying. I think it kind of caught her off guard and she thought I was upset but I was just trying to tell her how loved I felt here!

I debated if I should ISP or put all three chapters down. I knew I would be okay in any chapter but I just didn’t feel what I felt in WCSS elsewhere. After pondering (and witnessing a car accident in greektown) I ranked them
1. WCSS
2. Lady Jags
3. Senior Elite
My angel Pi Chi had offered again to talk with me if I needed it, but I told her I was confident in my decision!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-28-2016, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait for the ending!
Old 01-28-2016, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day!

Before I get into this, I’m gonna give you some background information about my angel Pi Chi. When I went to get my packet and check in with my Pi Chi, I wasn’t paying attention to the names of my Pi Chi’s. But then my sister was like “oh, XYZ is your Pi Chi!” - it turned out that my Pi Chi texted her to say I was in her group. So I knew they knew each other, but my sister told me she wasn’t going to tell me what chapter she was in. Of course I originally was like “Oh, WCSS?” but then I figured she wouldn't have told me that she knew her if she was really in her chapter. Plus she has friends in other chapters. During open house rounds, we were talking amongst ourselves in our group and I said something about having a sister in a chapter. My Pi Chi was like “Oh, are you a legacy? Who is your sister?” so I told her and she’s like “Oh… did she live in XYZ dorm her freshman year? I think I know her” Of course I already knew they knew each other but I figured maybe they don’t know each other that well, which would mean they weren’t in the same chapter. But at the same time, she knew my sister well enough to text her, so it seemed suspicious that she acted like she didn’t really know her…
So when angel Pi Chi was handling me on sisterhood day, she slyly slipped in “Oh you should ask your sister, she knows more about her chapter’s legacy policy than I do.” But that only made me more suspicious because I thought she might be trying to trick me.
FAST FORWARD to bid day and the Pi Chi’s revealing themselves. Angel Pi Chi was in WCSS! I knew it!

After waiting for a billion years, we finally opened our bid cards and mine read…

WCSS!!

Our Pi Chi’s were standing at each end of our line. They had already seen the list (cruel!!) My angel Pi Chi was looking right at me and I ran immediately to her and hugged and screamed and jumped up and down! Then I ran over to WCSS (first one there, not quite sure how that happened since I stopped at my Pi Chi)
When my angel Pi Chi made her way over to the gathering she hugged me again and asked me if I knew. It turns out she was a WCSS legacy too! And the reason she had texted my sister was to find out if there was any chance I knew she was in WCSS. She tried really hard to convince me she wasn’t but I was always very suspicious! I’m so glad we ended up in the same chapter, along with 4 or 5 others from our Pi Chi group.

OH and did I mention WCSS is…

Sigma Kappa!

My best friend with the perfect recruitment joined Coed Elite. She told me she sort of expected us to end up in the same house since we’re so close –but the house she is in cut me the first day and I definitely wouldn’t fit in there. It’s a perfect fit for her and just goes to show that just because you’re great friends doesn’t mean you need to be in the same house.
My roommate (who’s become a good friend) didn’t participate in formal recruitment but later accepted a bid through informal recruitment to Senior Elite.
Old 01-28-2016, 05:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Great story! THanks for sharing it with us.

Was I the only one thinking the "angel Pi Chi" was going to turn out to be a PiPhi?
Old 01-28-2016, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats MIZDOVE -(name kinda gave it away)!!! Welcome to my sisterhood! Thrilled to have such an insightful wonderful woman!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the story! Glad you ended up where you wanted...although it think it is very hard to go through formal recruitment as an in-house legacy on many campuses. So glad that you kept your chin up and finished the process! I do not know your school, but Sigma Kappa got a good one!!!
Old 01-28-2016, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations Mizdove from one sister to another!
Old 01-29-2016, 12:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Lovely story!! Thanks for sharing it with us. Congratulations! Having a bio sister as your sorority sister is going to be very special for you both.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing.
Old 01-30-2016, 03:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi-o_cat View Post

Was I the only one thinking the "angel Pi Chi" was going to turn out to be a PiPhi?
That's what I thought, too, until it started to become pretty obvious that she was a WGSS.

GREAT story! This is what sisterhood is all about!
Old 03-14-2016, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Wonderful story with a perfect ending! Welcome to Sigma Kappa (belatedly) and I hope your first year as an active has been filled with hearts and doves!