GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,447
0 members and 2,447 guests
No Members online

Old 02-02-2005, 08:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Soul Train Awards-

Entertainment - AP Music

Usher Gets Five Soul Train Nominations

3 minutes ago Entertainment - AP Music

LOS ANGELES - Usher collected a leading five nominations Tuesday for the annual Soul Train Music Awards. The R&B sensation received bids for best male R&B-soul album for "Confessions," and best male R&B-soul single for "Confessions Part II."

AP Photo

"My Boo," his duet with Alicia Keys, also earned him and the soul diva a nomination. Usher's work with rappers Ludacris & Lil Jon also got him nominations for best R&B-soul or rap music video and best R&B-soul or rap dance cut for the song "Yeah!"

Usher swept the American Music Awards with four honors and has eight nominations for the upcoming Grammys (news - web sites).

Sexy newcomer Ciara, who burst onto the charts last year with her album "Goodies," garnered four nominations, including best female R&B-soul album and best R&B-soul or rap by a new artist.

Keys' album "The Diary of Alicia Keys" was also up for best R&B-soul album by a female. Her song "If I Ain't Got You" received a best single nod in the female R&B-soul category.

Among other Soul Train nominees, Prince, Beyonce, Destiny's Child, Jill Scott and New Edition had two nominations each.

The Soul Train Music Awards, started 18 years ago by the syndicated music show "Soul Train," celebrates artists in R&B, hip-hop, rap and gospel music. The awards will be presented during a ceremony Feb. 28 at Paramount Studios in Hollywood.

The awards are determined by a group of radio station professionals, talent managers and performers.

Complete list of nominees:

R&B-soul single, female: "Naughty Girl," Beyonce; "Goodies," Ciara featuring Petey Pablo; "If I Ain't Got You," Alicia Keys; "Golden," Jill Scott.

R&B-soul single, male: "Charlene," Anthony Hamilton; "Let Me Love You," Mario; "Call My Name," Prince; "Confessions Part II," Usher.

R&B-soul single, group, band or duo: "Lose My Breath," Destiny's Child; "Hot 2Nite," New Edition; "My Boo," Usher and Alicia Keys; "The Closer I Get To You," Luther Vandross duet with Beyonce Knowles.

R&B-soul album, female: "Afrodisiac," Brandy; "Goodies," Ciara; "The Diary of Alicia Keys," Alicia Keys; "Beautifully Human: Words and Sounds Vol. 2," Jill Scott.

R&B-soul album, male: "Happy People/U Saved Me," R. Kelly; "Soulstar," Musiq; "Musicology," Prince; "Confessions," Usher.

R&B-soul album group, band or duo: "Hot & Wet," 112; "Throwback," Boyz II Men; "Destiny Fulfilled," Destiny's Child; "One Love," New Edition.

R&B-soul or rap new artist: "Goodies," Ciara featuring Petey Pablo; "I Believe," Fantasia; "Tipsy," J-Kwon; "Used To Love U," John Legend.

R&B-soul or rap music video: "99 Problems," Jay-Z; "Jesus Walks," Kanye West; "Roses," OutKast; "Yeah!" Usher featuring Ludacris and Lil Jon.

R&B-soul or rap dance cut: "Goodies," Ciara featuring Petey Pablo; "Headsprung," LL Cool J; "Drop It Like It's Hot," Snoop Dogg featuring Pharrell and Charlie Wilson; "Yeah!" Usher featuring Ludacris and Lil Jon.

Gospel album: "The Heavens Are Telling," Karen Clark-Sheard; "Live From Another Level," Israel and New Breed; "The J Moss Project," J Moss; "I Owe You," Kierra "Kiki" Sheard.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-07-2005, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

http://www.manhunt.com/news/stories/1110071789.html