GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,138
3 members and 2,135 guests
3DGator, zashlytopo8836

Old 02-27-2003, 08:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
?
Have you never heard that before? They would tell us all the time in Army ROTC, "If you're early, you're on time; if you're on time, you're late; if you're late, don't bother showing up"
Yes I have heard it before, maybe not EXACTLY like that but similar nonetheless.

QTE
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-27-2003, 10:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Quote:
Originally posted by Dionysus
I just watched it and I definately will be following along for the rest of the season. I'm sure there will be a lot of drama!

They need to extend Grant a bid! Not because he will be a good brother, but because he will make the show much more interesting.
I agree. It's funny watching guys go through all of this drama.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 02-27-2003, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by AggieSigmaNu361
And for the whole Grant issue. One of y'all said something that i think sums up the chapter's feeling. Whoever said, "They should just give him a bid to make the show better..." shows why i would never want my fraternity to be taped. Just like how i thought Jordan and Candace pledged to be on TV, Grant may have done the same thing. I don't care how "cool" or "hot" he is, if he's not doing it for the right reasons, i don't think he should get a bid.
Amen!

(side note: he's not "cool" or "hot")
Old 02-28-2003, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Here's the Fraternity Life episode recap/spoiler site:
http://www.doublesweetie.com/frat/main.html

Don't go there if you don't want to know who pledges until it happens on the show.
Old 02-28-2003, 09:02 AM
GreekChat Member

The Time issue

I grew up with my father always stating the same thing. To this day I live by it, and to say in a VERY polite manner my chapter has serious time issues. We tell girls to be a half hour early so that everyone will be there WHEN we are supposed to start. It is one of my pet peeves, so I totally understand where the guys are coming from on this.
Old 03-03-2003, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Sigma Chi Omega....

Quote:
Originally posted by Sig624EI
They were initially trying to become a sigma chi chapter, and may still be working on that. At one point they were a colony I believe before they were dropped off the sigma chi expansion list due to weaknesses in the UB system as a whole. They were however the org that did the most for the university and community.
I know that my national office has very strict rules about appearing on television representing the organization. I would not be surprised if a group with the reputation of Sigma Chi is the same way. My guess is, if they do still have the goal of becoming a Sigma Chi chapter...they just threw that out the window.
Old 03-05-2003, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Alex is a beeeeeyotch!!!!
Old 03-05-2003, 10:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to prospectiverushee
Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
Alex is a beeeeeyotch!!!!
I totally agree
Old 03-05-2003, 11:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Sigma Chi Omega....

Quote:
Originally posted by AUChiO
I know that my national office has very strict rules about appearing on television representing the organization. I would not be surprised if a group with the reputation of Sigma Chi is the same way. My guess is, if they do still have the goal of becoming a Sigma Chi chapter...they just threw that out the window.
I do think the Sigma Chi's brought the hammer down on MTV. The original promo commercial had that cheezy guy saying "Ladies love a Sigma Chi man" - which has since been dubbed over to say "Ladies love a Sigma Chi Omega man" (in a completely different sounding voice, I might add). Also, in the credit beds to the show, MTV has expressly stated they have no affiliation with Sigma Chi, don't want anyone to think Sigma Chi Omega = Sigma Chi, etc. - basically kissing some ΣΧ bootie. Well deserved, too - I know my nationals would be hot if there was a commercial for a completely unrelated sorority (and one we had bounced from our expansion list) saying "Men love a [Insert Letters Here] woman."
Old 03-05-2003, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I like Alex, I just think he is totally whipped. LET HER GO!!! if she can't understand that you need to do this for yourself.

I don't understand something about the guy system... in the npc if I had pledged a sorority but dropped before initation then I can pledge again in a year... what was with the whole Mike thing... he said that he dropped and only pledged... And the Alum Ron, I don't understand his great involvement if he is alum? Help me to understand!!!!

Grant was cute but came off fake.

And doesn't Matt look like the guy from American Pie (the Mean one, Stiffler I think?)
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 03-06-2003, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought I heard him ask "Did you go through ritual?" and Mike answered yes and admitted that he lied about only having been a pledge a week.

I totally agree that Alex needs to dump Lindsey. She sounds manipulative and self-absorbed.
Old 03-06-2003, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry but Alex needs to take a stand for himself and be a man! Haha. He is so whipped he doesn't even know it. I liked Matt and was disappointed that he didn't end up pledging. It was too bad, but at least you knew that he was there for the right reasons and it was apparent how much he really wanted to join the house. I mean he wanted the President to talk to his parents! BTW, there is a resemblance to Sean Williams Scott (Stiffler).

All I have to say is Earl cracks me up everytime he opens his mouth. He was funny in the first episode when describing Alex's relationship with his girlfriend.

The alum, Ron, scares me a little. Okay, maybe a lot. Don't know what his deal is, but there is also another alum who hangs around as well. (I forget his name)
Old 03-06-2003, 12:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Forgot to add that I liked the fact that the brothers didn't let MTV go and tape their ceremony/ritual on Bid Night... unlike DZO. Some things are sacred to a fraternity and should not be shared with those outside of the chapter.
Old 03-06-2003, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Starlet
Forgot to add that I liked the fact that the brothers didn't let MTV go and tape their ceremony/ritual on Bid Night... unlike DZO. Some things are sacred to a fraternity and should not be shared with those outside of the chapter.
So are you implying that, say, Delta Upsilon is any less of a fraternity just because it doesn't keep its rituals secret?

Please.

The ladies of DZO have a right to conduct their rituals however they want, private or otherwise. In fact, I thought it was kind of cool that they let MTV tape one of their rituals, since now those who aren't in fraternities or sororities can see that ritual doesn't involve goat's blood or hazing or anything.
Old 03-06-2003, 02:00 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
If you're early you're on time, if you're on time you're late, and if you're late don't bother showing up

Hehehe.. my high school band director said that to us ALL the time!!! I had a major flashback to marching band practice when he said that