GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,210
1 members and 1,209 guests
g41965

Old 12-11-2008, 08:56 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ You know, I went on their website and saw they were using multicultural, but I thought maybe I was trippin and it had always said that.
Old 12-11-2008, 09:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
^^^ You know, I went on their website and saw they were using multicultural, but I thought maybe I was trippin and it had always said that.
I know a bunch of our chapters pull the MC card, but nationals has typically been better than that. Where on the site did you see it?

Old 12-11-2008, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

When you google Omega Delta Phi, the description on the search page for omegadeltaphi.com says: Nov 5, 2008 ... Omega Delta Phi Fraternity is a multicultural fraternity dedicated to the needs and concerns of the community.

It's not on the page itself, but it must have been once, or in the invisible matter in the page's code.
Old 12-11-2008, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Say it ain't so.

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
When you google Omega Delta Phi, the description on the search page for omegadeltaphi.com says: Nov 5, 2008 ... Omega Delta Phi Fraternity is a multicultural fraternity dedicated to the needs and concerns of the community.

It's not on the page itself, but it must have been once, or in the invisible matter in the page's code.
Interesting. Never noticed that before.

Now back to the shit-storm currently clogging up the ODPhi listserv

Old 12-11-2008, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Now back to the shit-storm currently clogging up the ODPhi listserv

Old 12-12-2008, 09:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Def not trippin' because the same happened to me yesterday
Old 12-12-2008, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, it now says they are "a fraternity founded primarily by Latinos at Texas Tech University."

If it happened to my organization, I would turn in my letters. That's not what I joined.

...but if the men of ODPhi are okay with going in this direction, I suppose that's all that matters. I'm disappointed, but I still believe it's a good organization. I dated a brother for a very long time, and got to know the organization well.

edited to add: and this is my 666th post...and for some reason I am a little creeped out now! :P
Old 12-12-2008, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
Well, it now says they are "a fraternity founded primarily by Latinos at Texas Tech University."
It's on the google description page rather than the website itself.

Old 12-12-2008, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

^The part I put in quotes is on their website, under the "About ODPhi" section.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL

I'm just sayin..... depending on what NALFO is supposed to "do" I'm not sure if it matters how large it is.

I personally think it's more important to have truly national organizations on a national council....no offense to more regional organizations, but I just don't see ODPhi and LUL as having similar issues culturally. (Greek culturally)

Of course I could be wrong, but I'd love to hear multiple opinions.
Tryin to start somethin here?! LOL

With the national/regional bit, I think there would have to be a solid definition...are you national if you are dominantly in the South but have one highly active chapter out East? Or be established in in all coasts?

I've always held the argument of who sways the votes, the popular orgs, larger ones...it's not really working out IMO

I propose we change the requirements lol currently the requirements are at least 5 chapters.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

""One culture, any race." This paradigm accurately describes Omega Delta Phi's philosophy of inclusion. While proud to be a fraternity founded primarily by Latinos at Texas Tech University, Omega Delta Phi has always found itself in the position of appealing the people of many races and backgrounds. The question that begs to be asked is, "Why is this true?" It is that you will find that our ideals are universal. While other organizations focus on what they have been Omega Delta Phi focuses on what it is becoming. Race is a limiting concept that forces people of a nationality and/or color into preconceived roles and expectations. However, any man will tell you that people of the same nationality can be different as night and day in their beliefs and ideals. A culture, however, is defined by a set of shared ideals, traditions, and values. The men of Omega Delta Phi is founded on the concept that in order to truly grow as an individual, one must experience views which can challenge preconceived perceptions to foster growth and enlightenment. "One Culture, any race." This is a completely new way of looking at ourselves and the world we live in. "One culture, any race." A challenge to the closed minded to look beyond what they believe to be true and realize the truth is largely dependent on one's perspective. "One culture, any race." A philosophy that suggests the coexistence of various races can be a win-win situation if we are willing to learn from one another. "One culture, any race" is an ideal for a new millennium and a new fraternity."

-From the ODPhi website
Old 12-12-2008, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinaAlumna View Post
^The part I put in quotes is on their website, under the "About ODPhi" section.
Right, but the google description is based on the what someone put on their national website. There's some confusion there.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Back on track...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Email: hypcus6@msn.com

CHI UPSILON SIGMA EMPHASIZES LEADERSHIP

New Jersey – In September the Grand Chapter Board of Corazones Unidos Siempre, Chi Upsilon Sigma National Latin Sorority, Inc. (CUS) accepted the nomination of Haydee Y. Perez-Livingston (A/M) as chair to the Leadership Development Committee. The committee was re-invigorated to assist the sorority in its long term goal to develop future leaders. The charge was to develop a framework of professional and personal development for all sisters. To this end, LDC has a 5 year strategic plan, 3 goals and a mission statement. The goals and mission are shared below:

Leadership Development Committee Goals

The Leadership Development Committee (LDC) has 3 main goals driving our work for the next 5 years. They are:

· To build the capacity of CUS leadership through training and networking opportunities.

· To develop a systematic approach to the delivery of trainings that enhances leadership skills in all CUS sisters.

· To establish a speakers network to expose CUS through regional and national conference presentations.

At the end of the 5 years, we will have a functioning process that systematically ensures that CUS will build and grow our leaders.

Leadership Development Committee Mission

The mission of the Leadership Development Committee (LDC) is to develop current Sisters into future leaders and to provide all Sisters with an opportunity to grow personally and professionally; thus ensuring the continuity of our sisterhood. This will be achieved by:

• Developing programs that enhance the capacity and maximize the leadership potential of each sister;
  • Developing a systematic approach to training to ensure comprehensive knowledge transfer with minimal redundancy; and
  • Developing a speakers network comprised of CUS sisters in order to provide visibility to CUS and establish CUS as a leader within the Greek and non-Greek community.

We commit to achieving this by carrying out our duties with the ideals we want to impart on our future leaders; confidence, competence, and caring leaders who exhibit high standards of excellence.

Mrs. Livingston along with nine other sisters will lead this new and exciting endeavor through a 5 year strategic plan. The committee is comprised of: Haydee Y. Perez-Livingston – Fa’ 91 – Rutgers, New Brunswick – Alumna [Chair]; Natalia Alejandro – Fa’ 00 – Texas A&M University – Alumna; Glenda Gracia-Rivera – Sp’ 92 – Seton Hall – Alumna; Vanessa C. Peralta-Mitchell – Sp’ 99 – Drexel U. – Alumna; Jennifer Ramirez – Fa’ 00 – Texas A&M – Alumna; Nancy Rosario – Fa’ 03 – Rowan University – Alumna; Angelica M. Saldana – Sp’ 05 - Texas A&M University – Alumna. Additionally, ex-officio members include: Jeaninne Burton, Bianca Jackson and Tenika DaPonte. Each sister comes with varied experience both professionally and within CUS.

The committee has begun their work and is currently in the first phase of the 5 year plan, which focuses on information gathering. Periodically committee members will reach out to all sisters to gather information for to advance our directive. We ask for your cooperation as we move through the years to develop a leadership development system that will effectively impact and ensure future leaders for CUS. If you are interested in hearing more please contact the chair, Haydee Y. Perez-Livingston at hypcus6@msn.com.

Old 12-16-2008, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Get outta here, you ain't in NALFO!

Hit the skids!

*runs*