GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Beta Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,763
0 members and 1,763 guests
No Members online

Old 03-15-2004, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Highs: I got my tattoo on sunday. I love it!

Lows: A good friend got into a terrible car accident on friday. His car was totaled. Luckily he is ok and no one else was hurt. But he could of been killed. Some people think that just because he wasn't killed it's not a horrible accident. But he is a good friend, and just knowing that it could of been worse makes it horrible. Why do some people have to be so cold?
Old 03-17-2004, 10:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Highs: Things havent been too stressful lately.. always a plus.. my brother and sister-in-law came to visit this past weekend..

Lows: the weather is kind of icky.. things have been boring around here lately..

Lady Pi Phi.. having lost way too many friends in car accidents and had friends in serious ones (where we live accidents are a huge problem for teenagers on these back roads..) I can sympathize.. I hope that they are doing better..
Old 03-19-2004, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
High: Got to talk to my sister in OHio for an hour (we do a lot of phone tag)! That would be my real, blood sister (although she is a Pi Phi too. I was chapter secretary when she was initiated!)

Low: I have strep throat and fill miserable (hmmm, which is worse, the pain in the throat, or the pain in the butt where I got an injection of penicillin?).. they tell me that by taking the injection, I'll feel better by tomorrow......
Old 03-21-2004, 04:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Highs: Only another week until my three year anniversary with my bf. Also, it's the weekend and the weather is great! (Oh yeah, I got into Ball State's grad school program.)

Lows: I have sooo much work to do. I'm still torn with choosing a grad school. It's tough when you LOVE a program but your parents won't support you with your choice. (And by that I mean emotional support.) Also, I still haven't heard back from the #3 grad school pick. I'm going to have to make a decision soon!!
Old 03-21-2004, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Highs: Last night was our informal at Don Pablos and I had so much fun beforehand with my roommate and some other girls.

Lows: Finding out that my grandma went into kidney failure this morning.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:53 AM
GreekChat Member

High: It's officially Spring Break!

Low: I'm having surgery for my spring break, boo!!
Old 03-22-2004, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Highs: My tattoo is healing nicely and I bought a whole bunch a new clothes on saturday.

Lows: I am really dissapointed with H & M. I went to their new store here in Toronto on friday and they only went to size 16. I know for a fact that their stores in London have larger sizes then that because I have a pair of pants and a shirt from them. Needless to say I didn't buy anything from them and I was really cranky. Also the sales associates were very rude and the store was really dirty. I was not impressed.
Old 03-22-2004, 12:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Highs: I get to go home on Friday and one of my close Pi Phi sisters turned 21 today!

Lows: My grandma wants to risk a kidney transplant at the age of 80, my computer crashed last night in the middle of writing a paper proposal with all of my sources saved in electronic format (I lost 90% of it) and my $300 sound card is not being recognized now that I have the computer up and running.

It's already not my week
Old 03-22-2004, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Highs: Umm...are there any? Oh yeah, I picked up my graduate tickets. Thank goodness I graduate soon! And, a close friend of mine got into grad school.

Lows: My parents and I are still fighting over my grad school decision. Seriously, they are guilt tripping me into doing what they want me to do. My dad called me today and forced me into talking. They won't listen to me. I talked with my dept. head today and almost started crying. I hate this.
Old 03-22-2004, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

High- my in-laws left yesterday after a long weekend (they aren't that bad but I'm glad for the down time!)

Low- finding out my patient has stage 3 colon cancer and only months to live.

p.s. Erin- speech pathology is the greatest job in the world! keep working towards it
Old 03-22-2004, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dakareng
Erniegurl-- it's YOUR life and YOUR career. Unless your parents are paying for it, your choice of grad school should be what's best for YOU, not them. I feel for you though. My sisters were not happy when I moved to Texas but I told them that unless they were willing to pay my bills for me, I had to work (I"m single) and as much as I love them, I had to go where there were jobs. It's better now and give your parents time. Stay away from emotion and just present the facts why you've made a good choice (find job placement stats for grads if possible). Good luck!
Old 03-22-2004, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the words of wisom. The decision is a hard one to make. The problem is that I'm an only child, and my parents are 1. afraid of losing me, 2. afraid of Chicago, and 3. afraid I'll have a huge amount of loans to pay off after grad school. It's true, I'll have to take a chunk of $$$ out for Northwestern, but they have a top notch school for speech path. My supervisor says that I will have no problem paying off the loans, and my bf (soon to be fiancee I hope!) believes it won't greatly effect our fiances once we settle down.

I do try to talk with my parents, but it's extremely hard. When I try to rationally talk with them they tend to start the guilt trip and bombard me with reasons why I should go with their choice. When I try to explain why I want to go to Northwestern they simple grumble. Sigh.

Anyway, thanks again for the support. I don't have many I can talk to about this or who have gone through similar experiences, so advice and warm thoughts are great!

Ok, I'll step back again. Too many lows for one day!

PS. Speechpath..I love this field. I have therapy tomorrow and am anxious to see how it goes. My little client always seems to make my day brighten.
Old 03-22-2004, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Erin,

You can only imagine at this point how much you will gain from going into this field. I often tell my patients I learn far more from them than they learn from me. It is so rewarding.

As for loans and $$$, I'm still paying off mine but find them easy to manage. The job outlook is so good right now too whether with peds or adults.

Keep your head up, things always work out as they should and I agree with Karen, give your parents some time and they will come around.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Highs: We're having initiation on saturday!!! I am looking forward to seeing my sisters. I haven't seen them in a long time.

Lows: cute Irish boy is not at work today . My friends think I should asking him out, but I don't have the courage to do it.
Old 03-25-2004, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Txsurfinwaves
Highs: We are having retreat this weekend with big sis revealing....weve had clue week this week and its been tons of fun! I am also finally done with the 5 tests i had this week...

Lows: My godmother is having domestic problems and her husband is cheating on her, but she doesnt want to divorce him because he is threatening to take custody away from her with their adopted child, and he has been bribing the kid with money and objects..and since hes old enough(14) ..he has a voice in it. so shes been hiding out at our house.
ETA: My godmother is like my aunt..my moms best friend...