GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,328
2 members and 2,326 guests
Low D Flat

Old 04-03-2006, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Preference!

Hi everyone! I am the VP Recruitment for the Alpha Beta chapter at Purdue University. Our preference ceremony is lacking and this year I would love to make it much more meaningful and memorable for the PNM's. I am looking for as much input and suggestions as I can from other chapters. If you all could let me know what your chapters do for preference, I would be the happiest VP on Earth. =) We are kinda in a bind time wise, it's important I start thinking of things. Thanks so much!

Along with the ceremonies, what food/songs are involved? We need everything revamped.

Ok, sorry, but as far as a song, I need an easy one for my girls to do but at the same time impactful.

LITB
Jenna Hammonds
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-04-2006, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

The best thing I can tell you is to contact someone at headquarters. I know we got our preference ceremony from a CLC and our recruitment advisor (who is an incredible resource). They had several songs to choose from this year, and I heard they all went well at my old chapter. Good luck!

ITB, Sharon
Old 04-06-2006, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Did your chapter president go to Leadership Academy in February? She should have - it is a requirement of all CP's (or a delegate if she cannot go).

While there, they all received a binder with different tabs - each one had something different about the chapter including Recruitment. In there is a whole pull out section about ideas for preference - some short, others long.

She also should have gotten the AXO deck of cards - it includes questions that the VP Rec can ask members to help get to know each other better (like for example - if you could live anywhere, where, and why?) - fun stuff but things that tell you a lot about each other and makes it easier to connect with PNM's during recruitment.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, then call HQ & ask to speak to your regional coordinator (if you don't know the name of that person, then tell them your chapter & ask who to speak with). They can also tell you the name of your chapter consultant - the one that travels to all the chapters in your region.

Hope this helps!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to MeganAXO Send a message via MSN to MeganAXO
I think when I went through the women in the house had a copy of the symphony on the table....I don't really remember
Old 08-10-2006, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

pref

At our pref we have one senior write a letter to another senior kind of a good bye letter something really short but tells the memories they had together in alpha chi.. we dont tell the girl the letter is to and that way it is a little more emotional and a surprise to her. but we also have small glass tables our with a pretty copy of the symphony under the glass so the girls can see it and a large lyre with candles to be lite and placed on it by the pnms