GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,508
3 members and 2,505 guests
John

Old 07-15-2000, 10:24 AM
whoa

Post Okay to ask

Okay, I'm sure from my last post you all know who I'm interested in. But I was wondering, is it ok to ask if a particular org. is having a line this year? I noticed through my reseatch that orgs. don't always have lines every year. Why is that? If I'm over-stepping my bounds, let me know.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-15-2000, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to ZetaAce Send a message via AIM to ZetaAce
Whoa- I don't know what org you are interested in (there are so many posts on this board that I can barely keep my own straight! LOL)

Anyway, I wouldn't suggest that you walk up to a member of the organization that you are interested in and ask if they are having a line. The best thing to do is keep your eyes open for information about interest meetings and you will find out then.

Orgs don't always have lines every year for a variety of reasons. It just depends on that chapter's situation at the time.

ZetaAce
Old 07-15-2000, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I agree 1913% with ZetaAce!!!

Keep your eyes and ears open for upcoming events, which DO NOT include parties and social gatherings. As BGLO's we are committed to serving the public, more particularly our communities. So if there are any public service events, I suggest you JUMP RIGHT IN!!!! But then again, you should not be sitting idly when it comes to public service anyway!

By the way, "What organization was that anyway?" LOL LOL I'm stumped!

"THEE BKLYNDELTA"
1913% LEGIT
Old 07-15-2000, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Naw as an interest myself, I would never walk up to anyone in my org of choice and ask if they are bringing a line. Usually if they are you will know. There will be things posted up around the school about their what they are doing, that is open for the public.
Old 07-15-2000, 03:01 PM
GreekChat Member

They may be posted, then they may not. Most of the time, you can find out by word of mouth. Sometimes, posts are taken down (as souvenirs or by haters), usually you will find a "Ron(a) Barret" of the university/group and he/she will have ALL the info.
Old 07-15-2000, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Just curious-- what is a "Ron(a) Barret" and what does he/she do? I've never heard that word before.