GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,489
2 members and 2,487 guests
BuffGirl, chi-o_cat

Old 11-06-2001, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphagambabe
Wink Rush Ideas

Hey Ya'll

We just had elections, and i'm the new VP Recruitment at Delta Xi, and am so excited, but i'm also nervous, and want spring rush to be AWESOME!!!! I was just wondering what slogans or theme days you guys use? Also if you have any fun and peppy songs that you normally use.

Loyally
Andrea
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-07-2001, 12:47 AM
UMgirl

Cool

Hey Andrea, welcome to Greek Chat

Some themes that we had were Survivor, Italian Dinner, Alpha Glam Goes Glam and a Sports thingy that chapter use to do for first rounds. Some others on my old campus have been 50's Poodle Skirt girls, Camp Sigma Kappa, Total Request Kappa, French themes, etc.

Some themes we had were:

AGD...Most Wanted
Fun, Frienship, Forever....Sisters Survive (which is what they used this year)

As far as songs goes there are the normal AGD ones, College Girl, With An A, So Deep, Sweet Home Alpha Gamma, WPI (?) Chapter has a page with a bunch of them listed. You can find the address on Alpha Gam.net or if IHQ has links, there too.

Hope this helps a little.

Love With Red and Buff,
Tonya
Old 11-07-2001, 02:23 AM
Unregistered-

In the past we've done a lu`au, Mardi Gras, 50's Sock Hop, Pajama Party, AGD Safari, and Hollywood Alpha Gams. Ask the former Recruitment chair if she contacted your Recruitment Consultant for a list of recruitment ideas. If not, email her and she'll be more than willing to help you out!

If you're interested in learning more songs, ask if your chapter has that tape recording IHQ made a few years ago. Side B has a bunch of upbeat songs that we used this semester for recruitment.
Old 11-07-2001, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Hey ladies, I had a Recruitment theme idea but I don't know if it would work out. What about "Alpha Gam throughout the World"? First party could be Alpha Chapter - Syracuse, NY; Second, Tau Chapter - Toronto, Canada; Third, Delta Sigma - Hawaii; and then Preference. This would spotlight Alpha Gam firsts and that we span across the world. Other than Hawaii I don't know how you'd decorate though.

Any thoughts? Tell me what you think.
Old 11-07-2001, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I think that is an adorable idea! For the Canada-themed night, you could dress in red jackets and black slacks (similar to the Mounties). For a wall decoration you could blow up the Canadian and American Armorial Bearing and when rushees ask about it, you could explain the reasons behind the differences between the two. For a snack you could serve sugar cookies in ths shape of maple leafs.

The Syracuse theme is a little tougher. I'll have to think about that one...I'll post again when inspiration strikes, LOL.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:10 PM
UMgirl

For Syracuse theme, If you could get some vintage white dresses (Vinage Thrift store), serve tea, like a tea party thing. There you could go over the beginning history of AGD. The hair would also have to be vintage looking. If you could find old pictures you could decorate the walls in that along with Blue and Orange decorations cuz those are SU's colors.

Or you could always wear the Blue Sweatshirts with Orange AGD letters and just do a blue and organge theme to represent SU.
Old 11-07-2001, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
You girls are so creative! I hope I get voted into the VP Recruitment position because I would love to try this theme out!
Old 11-07-2001, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Oooh, oooh! Another idea! You could contact the sisters in Tau and Delta Sigma and ask them to send you a few letters, which you could show or read to the rushees, which shows them that sisterhood goes WAY beyond your chapter walls!

And Tonya, I love the old-fashioned tea theme. You could get a ton of old pictures from past Quarterlys.

Leslie, this is a GREAT recruitment theme.
Old 11-07-2001, 04:20 PM
UMgirl

This is an great theme and if someone makes it happen could they please post pictures on the net for us to see
Old 11-07-2001, 09:39 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by greeklawgirl
Oooh, oooh! Another idea! You could contact the sisters in Tau and Delta Sigma and ask them to send you a few letters, which you could show or read to the rushees, which shows them that sisterhood goes WAY beyond your chapter walls!

I know I can speak for my chapter when I say that we'll be willing to help out!

You guys have great ideas! I'm already taking notes down to pass on to our next Recruitment chair!
Old 11-08-2001, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via AIM to Katey Alpha Gam Send a message via Yahoo to Katey Alpha Gam
maybe for the Alpha theme you could do like a fall theme. That way you could put the colors into it, do a fall theme and highlight how beautiful it is in upstate NY in the fall, ESP if you have fall recruitment!!!
Old 11-08-2001, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Our chapter did a "Camp AlphaGam" theme (on one of the days of rush). The decorations were awesome- we had fake campfires and white christmas lights on the ceiling with black "see-through" material on top of that. I think that day we decorated pillows for the foundation's camps.