GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,475
4 members and 1,471 guests
g41965, gatordeltapgh

Old 02-05-2011, 09:22 PM
Super Moderator

Talking Designer Dog website-hahahaha!

So you thought you were cool because you knew about Labradoodles? LOL! Breeders have gone to town with designer dogs. These aren't mutts but pricey dogs whose breeders have waiting lists!

Check out http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/american...hybridclub.htm ! I laughed until it hurt! The pug, Bichon, and Shih Tzu mixes are especially hysterical.
Old 02-05-2011, 09:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My friend actually has a "Labrottie" but the just call him a Rott lol. He's huge but is the biggest pansy about things..The dog sleeps with a night light. So pathetic yet cute at the same time.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Some of those are really funny looking, but the Boston Terrier/Boxer puppies are soooo cute! I can't imagine a Boston having 7 puppies!! Poor girl. They usually only have 3ish.

I literally LOLed at the Boston Terrier x Papillion mix. That poor thing looks ridiculous!!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ahh I love the Pug-Zu
I am a pug person and bf's neighbor has the cutest shih-tzu so I'm torn because I ALWAYS have pugs and they are the sweetest, but I love his neighbors dog. This would make me so happy.

Chugs are so funny too (Chihuahua & Pug)
Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM
Super Moderator

Those are great! I've got to go through the website bit by bit and see all of them. That Boston-Papillon looks photoshopped! There's a Boston-Shih Tzu mix on petfinder.com right now and I bet he'll be there for a looong time, poor little thing!
Old 02-05-2011, 09:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Another Pug-zu picture
I think I'm obsessed. I need one of these doggies.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

My whole family is on a Morkie kick. My little sister got one, then my mom had to have one. My aunt quickly followed, then they bought one for my cousin for Christmas. They all look completely different and are different sizes. My sister's was only 2lbs when she got her. When she's wet, she looks like a little rat! They're all hair!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I can't figure out how you get any uniformity at all, even when you get to the F2 generation. Maybe these breeders have a plan--I'd love to find to find out what!
Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for this thread. I've decided I need a Chug SO BAD. They are the cutest thing I've ever, ever seen. This whole not-having-pets-in-the-dorm thing sucks.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Well, I can't figure out how you get any uniformity at all, even when you get to the F2 generation. Maybe these breeders have a plan--I'd love to find to find out what!
The breeders my family have used aren't actually breeding beyond the the original Maltese and Yorkies apparently since you can't control what you get after that. You really have to know where your puppy is coming from. My mom and sister actually have puppies from the same litter. One is small and light colored. The other is bigger and dark.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 02-05-2011, 10:43 PM
Super Moderator

It would be cool to talk to a serious breeder about their pairings and what's valuable when they breed them! Like do people go for coat type or color or both?

I've seen Labradoodles who are closely related but you'd never know! Maybe you choose one phenotype if you like water sports and another for elegance? There's so much I want to know!

This beagle breeder in town had a dog who was raped by the neighbor's Shar Pei. Think baggy beagles.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
The plan? The plan of these breeders is to separate the uneducated public from as much of their money as humanly possible.

Folks, these "designer breeds" are nothing but mixed breed mutts... cute mutts, but mutts. They are a dime a dozen at your local shelter and we kill thousands of them every single day. Mixing 2 dogs together just because the resulting NAME sounds cute is the stupidest idea possible... but the public falls for it every day.

Don't give these puppy pimps a dime of your money! Let them work for a living, instead of exploiting dogs for a buck.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanygirl View Post
Ahh I love the Pug-Zu
I am a pug person and bf's neighbor has the cutest shih-tzu so I'm torn because I ALWAYS have pugs and they are the sweetest, but I love his neighbors dog. This would make me so happy.

Chugs are so funny too (Chihuahua & Pug)
I LOVE THE CHUG!!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
The plan? The plan of these breeders is to separate the uneducated public from as much of their money as humanly possible.

Folks, these "designer breeds" are nothing but mixed breed mutts... cute mutts, but mutts. They are a dime a dozen at your local shelter and we kill thousands of them every single day. Mixing 2 dogs together just because the resulting NAME sounds cute is the stupidest idea possible... but the public falls for it every day.

Don't give these puppy pimps a dime of your money! Let them work for a living, instead of exploiting dogs for a buck.
And sadly, once a female dog has a litter outside of her breed, she can never have an AKC registered litter again. At least, that was the rule a few years ago - I would hope it's changed.

There aer a few Cavachons at our Bichon Bashes, and really, the only difference is in the matter of color on their ears. Really cute puppies!

I've only ever heard of Bichipoo for a Bichon-Poodle mix (Which are no way related, btw), but for those mixing a Bichon with any breed, please remember that Bichons tend to be almost too quiet, and mixing them with a yappy breed does a grave misjustice to the Bichon part!

Lastly, we were returning from a Bichon Bash one day, and I still had my "Bichon Mom" t-shirt when we stopped at a restaurant. This little boy kept staring at me and staring at me. Finally, he announced to everyone, "She says she's a bi*chin' mom!" Stage-whispered my proper mother, "I told you to change before we left!"
Old 02-06-2011, 01:17 PM

I wish these people would have spent the time and money they wasted on trying to create a "designer" dog to help the thousands of dogs and other animals that are already here and in shelters.

Sorry, but I can't see anything funny about this in the least. The current situation of too many animals is just too sad.