GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Cool Sites

Cool Sites Know of a unique, cool & useful website? Please tell us about it here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,746
0 members and 1,746 guests
No Members online

Old 09-18-2009, 03:01 AM
Banned

I never understood why people are so shitty towards walmart. I shop there all the time. I think they have nice things to buy at really low prices, so what's the big deal? I bought a few really nice suits there.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
I think you can find pictures of poor people globally wearing crazy stuff. Most of it is random American stuff they've probably gotten from aid groups, and they probably are wearing it because they don't have too many other options.
But, that's still different from what the Wal-Mart folks are wearing.

Seeing an old man in Kenya wearing a TriDelt Date Night shirt=he doesn't have anything else to wear because Kenya's a poor as hell country.

Seeing Bubba in Wal-Mart wear a shirt that says "I hate Queers"=he's an ignorant a-hole.

No one (outside of middle school girls) would make fun of someone who didn't have anything else to wear; the creators of the website have said as much--they get pictures that they don't publish because it's clear that the people really are down and out.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
No one (outside of middle school girls) would make fun of someone who didn't have anything else to wear
Really?
Old 09-18-2009, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Really?
Not to their faces.

This whole thing reminds me of the outrage some of my friends had about whythefuckdoyouhaveakid.com. They said it was classist and racist. Dude, it's neither classist nor racist--some people are just going to do stupid shit. I will not make fun of someone for being poor. I will, however, make fun of them for doing stupid shit.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

i don't see the classism. it's a NASCAR #38 limousine.

and i dig mullets. they're the last refuge of a rebel haircut. even the mohawk has lost some of it's badassness because through poseur scenesters and weekend-warriors.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
But, that's still different from what the Wal-Mart folks are wearing.

Seeing an old man in Kenya wearing a TriDelt Date Night shirt=he doesn't have anything else to wear because Kenya's a poor as hell country.

Seeing Bubba in Wal-Mart wear a shirt that says "I hate Queers"=he's an ignorant a-hole.
lol lol lol lol lol

Quote:
Not to their faces.
I will not make fun of someone for being poor. I will, however, make fun of them for doing stupid shit.
THANK YOU!!!! And that's what seems to happen at Wal-Mart, at least the ones I've been to. Those t-shirts they sell that I see their customers wearing are as dumb as the people wearing them. Oh, and try standing in a long line at a self service checkout station, all because some moron doesn't know how to use the uscan station (helloooo it talks to you...duh...what part of that don't they get?), so then the line gets longer and longer. So much for speedy check out. It happens everytime, they are SO slow. It's like the wheel is spinning but the hamster's alseep. The other places I go, people don't seem as slow. I avoid Wal-Mart at all cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FHwku View Post
i don't see the classism. it's a NASCAR #38 limousine.

and i dig mullets. they're the last refuge of a rebel haircut. even the mohawk has lost some of it's badassness because through poseur scenesters and weekend-warriors.
lol lol
I know! Tell me about it.

Last edited by cheerfulgreek; 09-18-2009 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I thought the website was funny :shrug:

I don't know why it's automatically assumed that these folks are poor and that anyone who laughs will burn in hell for promoting classism.