GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Pi > Pi Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,146
3 members and 2,143 guests
JayhawkAOII, Xidelt

Old 01-11-2006, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ThetaO Pike
Did you wear you letters today?

I saw this thread on the General forum “Did you wear Letters today?” As I looked at all the posting about what shirt or hat they were wearing that day, it got me thinking.

Did I wear my letters today?

I'm an recent alumni and when you get out of school and have to dress up for work (more than gym shorts and what ever t-shirt you found clean on the floor of your dorm room) it can be hard to find opportunities to wear your letters, in-fact one of my favorite grad presents was a polo shirt that had PKA on it, and I wear it proudly to work. But isn't wearing you letters more that wearing some shirt. As I got to thinking about this I began to respond, “YES, I wore them! I whore them on my heart” because isn't wearing you letters more about what you stand for, the way you act, the convictions you hold fast to. When we wear letter they are to remind us of the ideals of this fraternity. I began to remember what the creed of PKA says:

We believe in the importance of virtue and commit to living the values of the Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity. We recognize that truth is the foundation of all lasting association, and we will seek wisdom and knowledge while serving others in modesty and dignity.

Recalling that Pi Kappa Alpha is a lifelong commitment, I therefore reaffirm to live my life with honor and courage seeking the inherent worth in each person I meet; to accept all brothers of Pi Kappa Alpha in love and friendship; and to serve my faith, my family, my community, my alma mater, and my Fraternity.

Only then, by living these virtues, will we realize our fullest potential.

So Brothers, I would just like to take this opportunity to say wear your letters everyday. Everyday wear them on your heart so that everyone may see that you wear the letters of this fraternity, The Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity!

in, Phi Phi Kappa Alpha

Last edited by ThetaO Pike; 01-11-2006 at 01:49 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-11-2006, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry Bro. But I don't wear my letters everyday. It doesn't mean I love the Fraternity less or more, I just don't wear my letters everyday. To tell you the truth, I probably haven't in a long time. I'll wear some old Pike shirts every now and then to work out or something though. But I commend you for your spirit. It is passion like that, that make the Fraternity strong and noble.
Old 01-11-2006, 11:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have any letters anymore.
Old 12-10-2008, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I wear my letters every day. Phi Phi K A is tattooed on the inside of my left wrist so that I can try to live by it. I would say a big majority of the brothers at UF have a phi phi k a tattoo.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I wear my pin on suit coat to work, formal occasions and to church with the family. Be surprised when you get a challenge every once and a while from another chapter member.