GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,148
1 members and 1,147 guests
Low D Flat

Old 04-24-2012, 08:43 PM

Alpha Chi Omega and Phi Mu - Arkansas

I thought it might be a good idea to start a thread for the colonizations at Arkansas ( a la the Delta Gamma at Bama thread for this year). More information is beginning to be publicized.

Such as: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)
Old 05-01-2012, 06:56 AM
GreekChat Member

I was reading that Alpha Chi Omega will only participate in the first day of Arkansas recruitment and then have their own recruitment later. How does that work? If a girl decides she likes them would she drop out of regular recruitment? I would think that's risky and most girls would stay in to have the best chance of getting a bid from all of them instead of only trying for one.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:57 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymoo View Post
I was reading that Alpha Chi Omega will only participate in the first day of Arkansas recruitment and then have their own recruitment later. How does that work? If a girl decides she likes them would she drop out of regular recruitment? I would think that's risky and most girls would stay in to have the best chance of getting a bid from all of them instead of only trying for one.
That is ordinarily how it happens. Pnms will decide at some point during formal recruitment if they will formally withdraw from recruitment and pursue the colonizing sororities or they will go thru to the end, but not sign a bid card and will then remain eligible for recruitment with Alpha Chi Omega and Phi Mu at Arkansas. The pnms will be well instructed(probably several times) on how the process will work.

Last edited by FSUZeta; 05-01-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:23 AM

Alpha Chi Omega and Phi Mu schedule for colonization:

Aug 12-13 Phi Mu and Alpha Chi participate in Open House, both then withdraw from recruitment
Aug 14-19 All other houses complete formal recruitment and bid process
Aug 19 Marketing begins
Aug 22 Joint Info Sessions, 2 one hour parties
Aug 28 Alpha Chi Events, 2 one hour parties
Aug 29 Phi Mu Events, 2 one hour parties
Sept 4 Phi Mu Events, 2 one hour parties
Sept 5 Alpha Chi Events, 2 one hour parties
Sept 7 PNM Decision Day
Sept 9 Bid Day

Important: PNMs are not required to go to all of the parties, they are required to have an interview.

Here are some articles about the colonizations:

http://www.uatrav.com/2012/new-soror...-ua-officials/

http://www.uatrav.com/2012/a-team-pr...ew-sororities/

And, an article about Beta Theta Pi and Kappa Alpha Order colonizations:

http://newswire.uark.edu/article.aspx?id=18340

I'll support the RedWolves, but in my heart I'll always be an ASU Indian. Go Tribe! (1931-2008)

Last edited by LaneSig; 05-02-2012 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like a fair schedule to me except that while all the other chapters are celebrating and introducing their new members to the GLO community the AXO and PM PNMs will still be in the processes. Hopefully the colonizing organizers will have some exchanges planned for Bid week (we call it NM week when we have NM orientation, mixers etc to get them excited about GL).
Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

I am sure that the powers that be in Alpha Chi Omega and Phi Mu have everything well under control.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:04 PM

^^^I like how it's set up.

When announced, I thought it was going to be Phi Mu recruitment week followed by AXO recruitment week, which would have been unfair-ish to whomever had to go 2nd.

Lakers Nation.
Old 06-18-2012, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Alpha Chi Omega and Phi Mu schedule for colonization:

Aug 12-13 Phi Mu and Alpha Chi participate in Open House, both then withdraw from recruitment
Aug 14-19 All other houses complete formal recruitment and bid process
Aug 19 Marketing begins
Aug 22 Joint Info Sessions, 2 one hour parties
Aug 28 Alpha Chi Events, 2 one hour parties
Aug 29 Phi Mu Events, 2 one hour parties
Sept 4 Phi Mu Events, 2 one hour parties
Sept 5 Alpha Chi Events, 2 one hour parties
Sept 7 PNM Decision Day
Sept 9 Bid Day

Important: PNMs are not required to go to all of the parties, they are required to have an interview.
Since dates for the interviews are not listed, do the the interviews happen after the parties?

Also, could a PNM - in theory - receive a bid from both colonies or will there be some sort of bid matching process similar to formal recruitment?
Old 06-18-2012, 07:47 PM
Super Moderator

I would imagine that the interviews are held during the day, and perhaps the three days prior to the colonization info sessions.

I don't have any idea how the bid process would work with two simultaneous colonizations.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Would it be fair for a pnm to attend recruitment events for both colonies, or is that considered bad form (like sorority shopping)?
Old 06-18-2012, 10:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, they SHOULD be "sorority shopping" - it's actually more like a formal recruitment. Since they have two choices, they should make sure they go with the one they fit into the best.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Since there is a PNM "decision" day listed I would assume that this is some sort of ranking that they would do to determine which bid they might receive.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:38 AM

Here is some information to answer the questions:

The interviews will be held from Aug. 27 to Sept. 6. The parties and interview dates are not related, they are concurrent activities.

September 7 is PNM decision date, they will rank their personal choices. The sororities will construct their bid list and bid matching will take place with bids being issued on September 9th.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator

Will Alpha Chi and Phi Mu count in establishing quota? If not, I don't see how there would be many PNMs left to choose from.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 AM
GreekChat Member

No, they typically do not include the colony groups in quota. I am sure that with the numbers they have at Arkansas and the knowledge that alternatives exist, more PNMs will be highly selective and the existing chapters will also probably be more selective. Also, the women who drop out and the women (particularly upperclass women) who did not go thru at all will be available. If memory serves me correctly, Alabama had more women going thru the Alpha Phi and Delta Gamma colonizations than the number who did not complete formal recruitment.