GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,538
1 members and 1,537 guests
navane

Old 05-17-2016, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Fraternal Masculinity Amid LGBT Justice

I wrote a thing this weekend and I forgot to share it with you all. My bad.

It is about the performance of masculinity in BGLOs, but I suppose could also apply to predominately white GLOs also. There are gay issues and trans issues discussed.

http://oldgoldsoul.com/2016/05/13/fr...-lgbt-justice/
Old 05-17-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by CourtBelle View Post
My sorority chapter (who I will keep anonymous) is not as open minded and free thinking as this article endeavors, however I believe and truly hope deep down that my sisters are loving and compassionate in their hearts and that one day we will be able to stand up for our convictions and against the social norm.

Maybe your chapter is just "being themselves" as you advised.

Quote:
BE YOURSELF! Don't try to be someone you aren't. You'll be sorry that someone gave you a bid thinking you were something you weren't. Everyone will lose in the end.

To love others, love yourself first!
Or should people only be themselves when they agree with you?

Or maybe they are concerned about their image, which you posted is very important.

Quote:
@LaneSig, I'm sure there have been much worse shirts in Greek event history. I'm sure even the Sigma Chis have printed very inappropriate shirts over the years. I'm not saying it was right, the girls were definitely in bad taste, but I see that they were at the point of political correctness that they just said F it, the shirts are done, they are paid for, it is too late. It was offensive. There is no getting around that. I just know that at my chapter, we always had to ask ourselves about our image. Every single day. The ADPis weren't thinking this. If I wore a shirt too tight or a skirt too short, there were girls around me to tell me that it would look bad. We now live in a world where everyone is hyper sensitive and to survive as Greeks, we DO need to be concerned about image.

Courtney
Old 05-17-2016, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure an article can "endeavor".....