GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Lambda > Lambda Chi Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,369
5 members and 2,364 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, LaneSig

Old 10-12-2009, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

university of oregon house

Do any of you know why Lambda Chi sold their house on 15th and Alder a few years ago to the University of Oregon? It is now known as the Alder House and the chapter is still on campus but lives in a different house.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-13-2009, 03:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I believe they sold it for a bigger house. I believe the one they now have that is 18th and onyx seems bigger and is pretty nice on the inside. A couple of the fraternities have moved around and I wouldn't be surprised if it was because of size changes.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 10-18-2009, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Sure. I can tell you exactly what happened (I'm on their advisory board). They never owned that house (rental) and it was condemned. The owner never fixed anything. The university bought if from the owner (last I heard, the house was for sale for $1.6 million - good buy for the new Tri-Delts coming on campus).
Old 10-18-2009, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

hmm

i was asking because my friends in one of the frat colonies at oregon really wanted to buy and when they approached the university last year and again this year they were told it wasn't for sale. Although they found in a contract that stated the house had to be sold to a glo eventually and were going to contact the university about this. It will be interesting to see what happens.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, I know the Univesity totally refurbished the interior, plumbing, wiring, etc. It should be in mint condition. The house was built originally for a GLO, but not sure which one. Lambda Chi recharted in 1985 and I believe they were in it for most of the time. Housing is going to be a huge expansion issue since Tri-Delts are coming on this year and several chartered chapters, Lambda Chi and Sigma Pi are renting, etc. Theta Chi closed last year, but I'd be surprised if they were going to sell. They might be interested in a multi-year lease.