GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,101
1 members and 1,100 guests
AOIIalum

Old 10-23-2006, 11:04 PM
GreekChat Member

My new members think I'm the bomb, thank you very much. The thing that worries me, is that these new members dont have the exposure to the alumnae and advisors like I did, or our current president, since we were still "babies" back then. And even when elections roll around, the only ones who are "probably" going to develop a good relationship with the advisors are those on exec.

I'm suffering hard core from not only senior-itis, but colony member syndrome. I'm terrified of graduating. I'm terrified that I've done so much, picked up so much slack for things that weren't necessarily my job, (but then again whose job was it - for example, who's supposed to place T-shirt orders? I've always done it cause I'm the one with the check book!) that if someone doesnt come step up to the plate, that what I've worked so hard for is suddenly going to fall to hell. I'm not trying to sound snooty, or stuck up, so I really dont need any of the cattier members of GC coming in here and blasting me for these concerns - because that's all they are - are concerns. I just....I dont want my chapter to fall to pieces. And I know that's colony member anxiety. I wish I knew how to get over it.

Should be interesting when elections results come out. At least I know that this year I wont have to the heartbreak from last year. One of my last official duties to my chapter - I am on NomCom. No surprises.

But yeah - totally off track......then again, I cant really say anything else about the situation I was referring to above. I think they'll be just fine...
Old 10-23-2006, 11:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Your chapter will be fine....it's the best it has been in 3 years. Don't worry, I always call for alumnae and advisor support.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AXiDGrl
I see that happening in the sisters of our chapter right now too. We have been a chapter for only a year and a half and twenty of our colony members are graduating, leaving only a few left. It seems as though it has been hard on them and they are having the same concerns as you. But there is no need to worry because things will turn out fine, whether it seems it will now or not.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorry to crash...

But I just wanted to say that when I was initiated into my sorority, I was a member of the 6th new member class (2 years removed from the last of the colony members graduating). Did our chapter struggle? Yes-- we were no longer the "newest" chapter so we didn't have as much help from HQ (help yes, someone around all the time, no), and we also didn't have an established alumnae base to draw from for help. So what helped? We had a WONDERFUL alumna who stepped up to the plate even though she herself was only 24. Without her, who knows? So if you are worried, stay involved. Be an advisor, or write encouraging notes. Send $ (even if it is only $10). Volunteer to write an alumna newsletter to keep other alumnae up to date. Make sure the new women know they are apreciated and loved. End crash.

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 11-09-2006, 05:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to flirt5721
Any one hear anything about the WPI recruitment?

and

How is the Monmouths colony doing?

"The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword"
Land of Entrapment has me again

Last edited by flirt5721; 11-09-2006 at 05:45 PM.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Monmouth Colony is doing really well. We had some ups and downs this semester, but everything seems to be smoothing itself out and getting back on track. As many of you probably heard, we lost one of our original 16 girls who were pinned. She passed away on Halloween. It was a really tough time for all of us and we're still trying to take it day by day. I hope the new colony is doing well and if any of them are on here and need advice or anything, feel free to contact me!!!!
Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

According to the website set up for the WPI colony pledging was yesterday. Any one have any news about them.

Old 12-04-2006, 05:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to saraski Send a message via Yahoo to saraski
Crashing your board. I'm on the Greek Alumni Council at WPI and we got a communication this morning from the Greek Advisor that the new AZD Colony at WPI pledged 51 girls yesterday. Amazing job an congratulations on your success!

This is going to be a great thing for the Greek System at WPI!

Way to go!

Sara

Last edited by saraski; 12-04-2006 at 05:43 PM.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Don't worry about crashing .. with good news like that you're always welcome here .. thanks for the update ... its good to hear that the colony is off to a fine start.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hazelle
Hey howdy sisters!! Have been wondering how the reestablishment of Xi Chapter at Kentucky went?? Can't believe we had to give up our house due to low membership only to go to open bidding without our lovely home!! Meanwhile, congrats to the new sisters at WPI....Alpha Xi Delta sisterhood forever and friendship never ending!!

Xi love from an Xi initiate
Old 12-07-2006, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

What?

So I'm really confused with the last post. I was not aware there was any current reestablishment of Xi chapter. I was part of the reestablishment that was attempted in 2001 and I was there when we decided to close in Dec 2003 and I still have a few sisters still at the University of Kentucky. So if anyone knows something about this please PM me.

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network
Old 12-07-2006, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXiDSarahJ View Post
So I'm really confused with the last post. I was not aware there was any current reestablishment of Xi chapter. I was part of the reestablishment that was attempted in 2001 and I was there when we decided to close in Dec 2003 and I still have a few sisters still at the University of Kentucky. So if anyone knows something about this please PM me.

AXiD is not listed as a chapter on the Greek Life website http://www.uky.edu/StudentAffairs/Greek/chap.htm. But I wonder why Nationals still has the Xi chapter listed as active on the website.

Last edited by flirt5721; 12-07-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Just Confusion...

There is no current attempt to re-establish Xi chapter. Not sure where that one came from. The chapter is listed on the website because National Council has not relinquished the chapter's charter. Any further discussion should be by PM.

And BTW, I'm told WPI has 52 now ... one NM just couldn't make the initial pledging.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to hazelle
Hi you'all!! I am an Xi initiate from Kentucky and an alum in Louisville told me on line that Xi chapter was having some kind of open rush in the Student Center back in August. I emailed National to see if they needed alum help but heard nothing. So, I thought you'all would know the latest. Knew that 321 Columbia Terrace was another sorority's home now, but the thought of our chapter resurfacing took some of that pain away. Wonder why the rumor went all the way to Louisville?? Sorry for the confusion. But love having so many sisters on this site to share our sisterhood!!
Old 03-04-2007, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Any updates on how our two colonies are doing?