GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,134
0 members and 2,134 guests
No Members online

Old 12-18-2000, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

One of my brothers (UVA Chapter) was on the GWB Campaign team also. Not that I am crazy about him being Democrat but I have a brother too who is the House Minority Leader on Capitol Hill(Richard Gephardt). FYI: I am also a conservative Republican.

Kevin
Old 12-18-2000, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally posted by CutiePie2000:
I saw on the GMA this morning that Bush named Condoleeza Rice as his national security adviser nominee. Since this is the "Greek Chat" website...just thought I would point out that she is an Alpha Chi Omega.
Yes she is She was a speaker at our National Convention this past summer! Headquarters gave her a beautiful set of crystal lyre bookends for her office! She stays active from what I understand so hopefully we'll see the golden lyre badge in a few press shots

------------------
"Alpha Chi Omega - If you only had 2 wishes, what would your second one be?"
Old 12-27-2000, 01:23 AM
GreekChat Member

President George W. Bush....what a scary thought. As a woman, i wonder what is going to happen to my rights....
Old 12-27-2000, 02:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Smile

THANK GOD Bush WON! Our country NEEDS to get back to it's values!
Old 12-28-2000, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Corbin Dallas:
Seriously though, I can see it coming. There will be a recession, because the economy can't go on forever, and Bush will take the blame for it, just like Clinton has taken credit for the economy for the last 8 years. then in 4, we'll either get Gore, or even worse, another Clinton!
It has already been in all the business journals for the past year and a half that a recession is coming - yet some people who just have to have someone to blame will say it is because of Bush. Do people not understand that BUSINESSES make the economy ebb and flow and NOT the president! If so - wow we would've lost quite a bit in the Cuban cigar market this term
Old 12-29-2000, 12:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

Corbin Dallas, I disagree with you. Bush can take away the rights of women by appointing justices to the supreme court who can potentially take away the right to choose. it doesn't have anything to do with congress.
Old 12-29-2000, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Silvergal25:
Corbin Dallas, I disagree with you. Bush can take away the rights of women by appointing justices to the supreme court who can potentially take away the right to choose. it doesn't have anything to do with congress.
Bush repeatedly said during the campaign that he didn't support abortion, but that it was nothing that he could or would change! I'll bet anyone a million big ones that at the end of four years, Roe v. Wade will STILL be standing - any takers?
Old 12-29-2000, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
I thought Powell was the wrong decision for Dept of State. He would have been better for Defense. Wolfowitz is a career diplomat. He would have been better as the Sec of State. Anyway, it doesn't matter. once Bush get his way on the Theater Defense Missile, I could see it, Russia decided to be their old self, China, who knows, N. Korea decided to start exploring Nuclear. While all this, the ASEAN country are scared and not letting anybody through the sea lane. Which would make our Pacific fleet go around Australia. This would be hell if Saddam, which he will be back with Bush, start trouble.

"You'll never silence the voice of the voiceless.
And Orwell's hell a terror era coming through
But this little brother's watching you too"
-Rage Against the Machine