GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,662
2 members and 1,660 guests
g41965, PGD-GRAD

Old 11-14-2020, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Reinstatement

Hi! I accepted a bid from AXO this fall but dropped before initiation because of mental health issues. I really regret it and would like to try to join again. Is it possible to rejoin Alpha Chi either through spring informal with the spring class or during fall formal? I didn’t sign anything when I left and was under the impression that I would have the opportunity to rerush and potentially rejoin. Would I have to bring my situation to HQ? I left in good standing, and also explained my situation to the president saying it’s not that I didn’t want to be in the chapter, it was my own personal issues that made me feel it would be more responsible to take time off. Thanks!
Old 11-15-2020, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefulsquirrel View Post
Hi! I accepted a bid from AXO this fall but dropped before initiation because of mental health issues. I really regret it and would like to try to join again. Is it possible to rejoin Alpha Chi either through spring informal with the spring class or during fall formal? I didn’t sign anything when I left and was under the impression that I would have the opportunity to rerush and potentially rejoin. Would I have to bring my situation to HQ? I left in good standing, and also explained my situation to the president saying it’s not that I didn’t want to be in the chapter, it was my own personal issues that made me feel it would be more responsible to take time off. Thanks!
Disclaimer: I am not a member of Alpha Chi Omega and have no knowledge of their official policies regarding your type of situation.

The women of your former chapter are the first people to turn to for any information regarding your options. Your former sisters can best give you guidance toward your hopeful tomorrow. Please listen carefully to the options they give you regarding their sorority.

Your campus greek office may have the answer as to when you are allowed to re-rush other campus chapters, dependent upon your individual circumstance which you and they will discuss.

IMO we on this chatboard will never know enough about you and your chapter to say yes/no to your chances. It's worth noting your sorority experience occurred in a very short time frame; perhaps you might consider slowing life down a bit before re-attempting sorority membership.

Best of luck to you, and let us know how things turn out when the time is appropriate.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.

Last edited by Cheerio; 11-15-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

Spring recruitment during COVID would be the best chance, probably in history for someone in your situation to get a second chance bid.

Disclaimer: I know nothing about nothing about your school or chapter.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-15-2020, 01:23 PM
GreekChat Member

wait... NPC rules govern re-rushing within a certain time frame after a bid was accepted. Titchou, please help.

As for rejoining your Alpha Chi Omega chapter, that's between you and AChiO. Meaning, their bylaws would govern this (both national & chapter bylaws, right?)
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-15-2020, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Since you signed the MRABA and accepted a bid from a participating group, you are not eligible to go thru recruitment again until the next formal recruitment at your school. Your pledgeship/new member time expires automatically one year after you pledge. Whether or not your chapter would be willing to extend you a bid again, we cannot know. That's chapter business. However, I would imagine that you should have signed papers so that you would no longer accruing a bill with them. As a former and current chapter financial adviser I know that my national org requires that formal statement or the bill continues to build and you would need to go thru our honor board process to avoid it being turned over to collections. So I would suggest you talk with your chapter president about how to formally do that and then register next year for recruitment and see how it goes.
Old 11-15-2020, 05:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm... a girl with exactly the same question was recently told by an AXO chapter advisor that they would not be eligible to rejoin the AXO chapter. IF that was you, and I am not saying it was you, I would suggest that you believe her.