GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,300
3 members and 2,297 guests
Cookiez17, Overthinker, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 09-15-2001, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ees125
US Military

I am sure there are many of people out there, that even in the aftermath are going to affected in a whole new way. Anyone who knows someone in the military right now, I am sure is worried, as I am. My biggest fear is that my boyfriend in the Navy will be deployed before I even get back to the US to see him. I have friends in the Army and the Reserves as well. I am glad I have my sisters right now to keep me strong.

I also wanted to tell everyone, that even over here in Europe, I am thinking of my sisters and all of the people in the USA. My hopes and prayers are with you all. I wish I were home right now.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-16-2001, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Things at my school are quite crazy...I go to North Georgia College & State University, a military college. Some of our guys have already left to go to their units. We have many others on call. In fact, we have 3 sisters on call as well, and one just recently had a baby. Many of us are in prayer...we are just trying to keep up everyone's spirits. Many of the people who go here have brothers and/or fathers in the military. Those of us who don't have family in the military, have many friends who are (due to the school we attend). Keep these people in your prayers and your thoughts. Each day they wake up, the thought crosses their minds if this is the day they are going to be called. Please remember them...please pray for them, as well as the many others that this tragedy affects.
Old 09-17-2001, 04:59 AM
Unregistered-

I can relate...

Till Tuesday, I hadn't realized that the military presence in Hawaii was quite overwhelming. We have every branch of the military on ONE island, so you can only imagine how crazy it was on Tuesday.

Still...the traffic headaches and all the shut downs were the least of my worries.

First, I pray that all our loved ones in the military are safe...and should they be called to duty, I hope that this problem can somehow be resolved peacefully.

After watching the local news coverage on Tuesday we found out that Brady was being recalled back to the ship...the whole Coast Guard Station Hawaii was being recalled. You guys CANNOT even imagine the look of terror I had as Brady put on his bulletproof vest. This was the first time I've ever seen him put it on under his working blues. I then learned that once on the ship he was going to be given his weapons "just in case" a situation happened. Thankfully, nothing has happened, but the crew went from standing a 1 in 5 duty day to a 1 and 3. Currently they're just patrolling the harbors for anything suspicious. But so far, they haven't been deployed yet (they just came back from patrol on 9/7), but who knows what will happen next?

Some of my chapter sisters, bosses, close friends are dating men in the National Guard and the Reserves. When we got word that President Bush was going to call up thousands of them, we didn't know what to do. So right now, the guys are ready...just in case they get the call. My chapter sister's father is the Sergeant Major of the USMC (2nd in command of the Pacific), and she tells me that he hasn't been home in days.

When we were in Threatcon Delta, I wasn't allowed in CG Housing so I couldn't be with Brady. On the first day I got my car thoroughly searched (dogs and all). Now that we're in TC Charlie, I'm thankful that the MPs are letting me pass through now...but I try and make it a point to not be the 5th car (they search every 5th car). Still, despite the inconvenience, I'm thankful that they are taking every precaution to protect all of us, and not just the military community.