GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 752
3 members and 749 guests
indygphib, PGD-GRAD

Old 03-29-2012, 09:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that it wasn't their early membership pin.
Gotcha.
Old 04-04-2012, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to SilverTurtle
Browsing Etsy for unique ideas for stuff for my chapter to sell and ran across this vintage(?) Mu Phi Epsilon badge

(It's listed as Mu Epsilon Theta, search "Vintage Sorority Pin 10K Gold Enameled Mu Epsilon Theta 1958")

Thought any Mu Phi Epsilon members might be interested

To Be Rather Than To Seem To Be
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverTurtle View Post
Thought any Mu Phi Epsilon members might be interested
You know, I can't remember any Mu Phis ever being on GC.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:19 AM
GreekChat Member

My sister's house was just robbed two nights ago. They took off with all her jewelry including her initiation badge and life loyal pin...but didn't take the new AOII badge and badge holder I gave her for her birthday that was sitting on her dresser in plain view. Smash and grabs sometimes leave behind goodies. She's sad. I'm now on the look out for one of those ubiquitous chased A, Pi, pearl O badges to replace her initiation badge.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My sister's house was just robbed two nights ago. They took off with all her jewelry including her initiation badge and life loyal pin...but didn't take the new AOII badge and badge holder I gave her for her birthday that was sitting on her dresser in plain view. Smash and grabs sometimes leave behind goodies. She's sad. I'm now on the look out for one of those ubiquitous chased A, Pi, pearl O badges to replace her initiation badge.
No... I'm so sorry. We will be on the lookout for it on the auction sites, okay? And tell her to check the pawn shops, that sort of thing...
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 04-05-2012, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
No... I'm so sorry. We will be on the lookout for it on the auction sites, okay? And tell her to check the pawn shops, that sort of thing...
Baton Rouge sisters are patrolling the pawn shops. Hopefully they don't just sell it all for the gold. She also had a lot of Yurman pieces that are no longer offered. She had a revelation looking at the Yurman site that jewelry appreciates in value. Her small jewelry policy may not cover everything that was taken...oh well, lesson learned.

AOII

Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

I could cry for your sister! Being robbed makes you feel violated, but to lose something so special - that's even worse. I'll keep an eye out for the pin (or its twin) too.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Baton Rouge sisters are patrolling the pawn shops. Hopefully they don't just sell it all for the gold. She also had a lot of Yurman pieces that are no longer offered. She had a revelation looking at the Yurman site that jewelry appreciates in value. Her small jewelry policy may not cover everything that was taken...oh well, lesson learned.
That's awful! I hate that for her! I'm glad they didn't take her most recent badge though!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I could cry for your sister! Being robbed makes you feel violated, but to lose something so special - that's even worse. I'll keep an eye out for the pin (or its twin) too.
Me too. Sending happy thoughts her way.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:30 PM

What awful news, AOII Angel. I'm so sorry. I hope you (plural you - you, your sister, other AOIIs, friends, et al) are able to recover her initiation badge and life loyal pin.

My mother always kept her "less expensive" jewelry in a jewelry box in plain sight on her dresser, and her real treasures hidden in the house in a location known only to the immediate family. (By "less expensive" I mean things like turquoise, coral, gold-plate, etc. The closest she gets to paste is Diamond Essence.) If someone does a smash-and-grab, they'll grab the jewelry box and get some nice things but not the real treasures. I adopted her practice - I have an obvious jewelry box, but my real treasures, including my AEPhi badge, are stored elsewhere if I'm not wearing them.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
What awful news, AOII Angel. I'm so sorry. I hope you (plural you - you, your sister, other AOIIs, friends, et al) are able to recover her initiation badge and life loyal pin.

My mother always kept her "less expensive" jewelry in a jewelry box in plain sight on her dresser, and her real treasures hidden in the house in a location known only to the immediate family. (By "less expensive" I mean things like turquoise, coral, gold-plate, etc. The closest she gets to paste is Diamond Essence.) If someone does a smash-and-grab, they'll grab the jewelry box and get some nice things but not the real treasures. I adopted her practice - I have an obvious jewelry box, but my real treasures, including my AEPhi badge, are stored elsewhere if I'm not wearing them.
That's the new plan. They even stole the drawers out of her dresser! I'm lucky I live in a closed building, but I have my really expensive stuff stashed away from obvious jewelry drawers. Thank you all for you kind words. Hopefully she'll recover some things or replace it with the insurance.

AOII

Old 04-20-2012, 06:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
2 weeks?!

It's been 2 weeks of no badge love - this makes me sad.

Here are a few that I've seen come up on "those sites" in the last few weeks..... one I really wanted, as I'd never seen the pattern of pearls and rubies, but alas, I lost out in the last few moments due to my "pretty much the same as dial up" DSL. (Dang living in the middle of nowhere where FIOS, UVerse, etc aren't options).

Alas, the badges:

That one decided to enlarge and get all nasty pixelated when I uploaded it and I'm not savvy enough to know how to fix it, apologies, yet still a very cool pattern of jewels.

This one was listed as a white gold Alpha chapter badge. Being white gold and alpha, I was all about it.... until I checked the member directory and learned that what appeared to be a fuzzy LGB mark (the house looking one) on the photo of the back (which unfortunately I didn't think to download, sorry AZTheta!) was actually an Alpha Phi chapter designation (not to say anything against this chapter, I don't even know were it is/ was), but I really wanted it to be an Alpha....

This made the cut of badge fun for today mostly because it came with a photo of the back of it, for AZTheta's viewing pleasure (even though it wasn't very exciting)

Okay.... someone else feed my craving please? Whatever happened to the ASA initiate who was going to come show the pretty shiny pin as soon as it came in (December-ish post I think?)

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 04-20-2012, 06:47 AM
GreekChat Member

so sorry! something great will show up, I hope. what a great sister you are!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 07:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl2000 View Post
It's been 2 weeks of no badge love - this makes me sad.

Here are a few that I've seen come up on "those sites" in the last few weeks..... one I really wanted, as I'd never seen the pattern of pearls and rubies, but alas, I lost out in the last few moments due to my "pretty much the same as dial up" DSL. (Dang living in the middle of nowhere where FIOS, UVerse, etc aren't options).

Alas, the badges:

That one decided to enlarge and get all nasty pixelated when I uploaded it and I'm not savvy enough to know how to fix it, apologies, yet still a very cool pattern of jewels.

This one was listed as a white gold Alpha chapter badge. Being white gold and alpha, I was all about it.... until I checked the member directory and learned that what appeared to be a fuzzy LGB mark (the house looking one) on the photo of the back (which unfortunately I didn't think to download, sorry AZTheta!) was actually an Alpha Phi chapter designation (not to say anything against this chapter, I don't even know were it is/ was), but I really wanted it to be an Alpha....

This made the cut of badge fun for today mostly because it came with a photo of the back of it, for AZTheta's viewing pleasure (even though it wasn't very exciting)

Okay.... someone else feed my craving please? Whatever happened to the ASA initiate who was going to come show the pretty shiny pin as soon as it came in (December-ish post I think?)
Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been in withdrawals! The pixelated one is so worth the eye strain. I love the different pattern of jewels. Very unique!

AOII

Old 04-20-2012, 09:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000

I think that should work better? Much manipulating and experimenting with technology.... Hope it works out. : )

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06