GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,066
1 members and 2,065 guests
zagelpitto2616

Old 01-31-2010, 12:32 PM
GreekChat Member

The Sprite Step-Off 2009

Sorhors and friends,

I watched some of the step shows of the Sprite Step-Off 2009 and I must say that it's the same ole same ole. . . . Where are they getting these judges?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-31-2010, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I watched the Sprite stepoff also. WTF!!Who are those white girls!!!! I thought the Sprite stepoff was suppose to represent the Divine Nine? Why as black people do we let things like this happen. I know for a fact that Sigma Gamma Rho have been winning some of these Sprite step shows so why wasn't we represented. I also know the Zeta's have also won some. I can't believe that a white sorority got to represent and we didn't. I guess black people are still slaves in our mind. I'M PISSED! PISSED! PISSED! All of the blood, sweat and tears our founders had to endure for being black and some white girls was shown and my historically BLACK sorority was dissed. JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL AND HELP THESE SLAVERY TIME NEGRO'S!!!
Old 01-31-2010, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnrho View Post
I watched the Sprite stepoff also. WTF!!Who are those white girls!!!! I thought the Sprite stepoff was suppose to represent the Divine Nine?
The Sprite Step Off was NEVER a Divine Nine step show. That was stated all up and through the rules when they were recruiting for the preliminary rounds.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Aren't there "white girls" in each of the 4 D9 sororities? I alot of people on the book of face (facebook.com) thought the same thing apparently (looking at the sprite fan page). Although members of the D9 have been prominent in the advertising it was open to all fraternities and sororities who met certain criteria.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnrho View Post
I watched the Sprite stepoff also. WTF!!Who are those white girls!!!! I thought the Sprite stepoff was suppose to represent the Divine Nine? Why as black people do we let things like this happen. I know for a fact that Sigma Gamma Rho have been winning some of these Sprite step shows so why wasn't we represented. I also know the Zeta's have also won some. I can't believe that a white sorority got to represent and we didn't. I guess black people are still slaves in our mind. I'M PISSED! PISSED! PISSED! All of the blood, sweat and tears our founders had to endure for being black and some white girls was shown and my historically BLACK sorority was dissed. JESUS TAKE THE WHEEL AND HELP THESE SLAVERY TIME NEGRO'S!!!
Well, we (NPHC) taught them apparently so can't blame them for trying to compete.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Sprite Step-Off Schedule

FYI...

The Sprite Step-Off stepshows and documentary series began today on MTV2. The first episode aired at 3pm but they will re-run this episode on Wed. at 9pm EST.

The rest of the schedule is as follows, all on MTV2:

Episode 1: January 31, 20103PM EST
Episode 2: February 07, 20103PM EST
Episode 3: February 14, 20103PM EST
Episode 4: February 21, 20103PM EST
Episode 5: February 28, 20103PM EST
Episode 6: March 07, 20103PM EST

For more information, go to www.spritestepoff.com
Old 01-31-2010, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousSigma22 View Post
Sorhors and friends,

I watched some of the step shows of the Sprite Step-Off 2009 and I must say that it's the same ole same ole. . . . Where are they getting these judges?
They are getting NPHC alumnae members in these areas (and possibly other members, not sure) to judge. My chapter Basileus asked me to judge when they came to Philly but I couldn't so another soror in my chapter did. So yes, it's definitely the same ole, same ole...unfortunately.

Last edited by rhoyaltempest; 01-31-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sure you'll see some of your sisters later. If you check the website, there were definitely Sigma Gamma Rho chapters that won first place at their respective competitions and will advance to the finals. Now imagine the producers of this show sitting down to make their cuts, which one of these is not like the other? Which chapter will likely make it into the documentary because there is only one like it? ZTA- which won first place at Univ of Arkansas. It's all about money and viewership.
Pardon the crash, BTW, ladies

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Last edited by AOII Angel; 01-31-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

SF State is participating in this show next month. I've decided to go to support our team. Normally, I would not attend a NON-NPHC sponsored event like this because the $$$ does NOT go to support OUR causes.
As far as who steps, SPRITE can ask whom ever they want to participate. If you step, you better bring your A-game.
Old 02-06-2010, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorhors,

I had more of a hidden agenda when I posted this thread and I should've just sent it to one of our list servs but it's cool that everyone else is giving feedback. Sorhors of Sigma Gamma Rho just re-read my original thread/post and then send me a private response once you really figure out my underline message. I know sorhors will get it once they really sit back and observe. Here's a hint: this original thread has nothing to do with greek organizations that have nothing to do with the D-9.

Last edited by SeriousSigma22; 02-06-2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: missing a word