GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,449
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, bvelesyjnay197

Old 06-24-2000, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

That is what it is all about and if more people realized that we would not have t he problems that we do now
Quote:
Originally posted by the411:
What I appreciated most about my intake process was the fact that there was a significant lesson to be learned with everything we did. In other words, everything had a purpose. As a member of a sorority, I am not for physical hazing or any emotional torment that could scar a person. However, I am in support of the mental challenges that help speed the maturation process of pledges and promote sisterhood. I won't give examples of things I endured, but each time, I walked away a little stronger and much closer to the women I pledged with. My line sisters and I learned how to work together. Were it not for the many times we were forced to pull together and be a tight unit, I don't think I'd know how to work with the people I work with in my current job. My line sisters and I had VERY conflicting personalities. When we first got on line, I couldn't stand a couple of them and they disliked me as well. As a result of our process we learned that we can work together to reach a common goal without having to be best buddies. We learned that as African American women, we have a responsibility to one another; we (as Christians and sisters) have to help each other in our times of need, regardless of whether or not we're friends. My process taught me the importance of sisterhood and unity, and the ills of self-centeredness. To haze someone for the sake of belittleing them or to feel superior to them is SICK! To challenge someone as a means of helping them grow stronger mentally, emptionally, and spiritually is the most productive way to pledge anyone.

What do you think? I'd like some input!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-26-2000, 07:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by blu_theatrics:
That is what it is all about and if more people realized that we would not have t he problems that we do now
I totally agree with that type of process. No pledging should be in vain.

Pinkice9