GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,749
Threads: 115,525
Welcome to our newest member, bilesqjnr2656
» Online Users: 957
4 members and 953 guests
bilesqjnr2656, Cookiez17, g41965

Old 10-20-2003, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phisigduchesscv
Not quite seeing letters but seeing a sister from another chapter.

We went to a TV Taping fundraiser a couple weeks ago and just as we were checking in I saw a sister from another one of our chapters there. I hadn't seen her since our conclave this summer so it was great to see her. It was fun seeing her again.

IG - CKA
Vice Archon - So. LA County Alumnae Chapter
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-20-2003, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Last night on the Man Show, a guy in Sigma Nu letters was sitting pretty prominently in the audience. It was had to miss them.
Old 10-20-2003, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

I just saw the last part of The John Walsh Show... he mentioned Alpha Kappa Alpha... though the story was about hazing.
Old 10-20-2003, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Today I was watching a Wedding Story on TLC and there was a bride's maid wearing Alpha Kappa Alpha letters and a groom's man wearing Kappa Alpha Psi letters. It was also mentioned that both the bride and the groom were members of these two greek letter organizations! I thought it was really cool!
Old 11-01-2003, 10:14 AM

Not my letters, but I watched a PBS show about the world's tallest buildings a few nights ago and there was a shot of the show's host walking on a NYC sidewalk with two ZTA's in letters behind her.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
Last night on Room Raiders one of the guys who's room was raided was a sigma nu. when they kidnapped him he had on a block letter shirt. when he was in the van, he had it turned inside out. the girl noticed the paddles in his room and asked him about them at the end. he really represented his fraternity well on that show. i'm very proud of him.

shelley j
sigma k
Old 11-01-2003, 12:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by tkepunx
On an old episode of Saturday Night Live, they have a sketch based around a gameshow they call Food Sex and Cars. Will Ferrell plays a fraternity guy whos a contestant, and since he's a TKE, he wears his TKE letters. At one point he yells "TKE RULES", and the announcer from the gameshow says "Yes they do."

Phil
TKE, Sigma Chi chapter, UCD

Actually Phil, Will Ferrell is a Delt, not a TKE. Sorry to burst your bubble. Dunno why he wears TKE letters, but he's a Delt. Look it up!
Old 11-01-2003, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
There's a bar called Joe's in Chicago which has paddles for loads of fraternities and sororities hanging on the walls. There are also several pictures (I remember a couple AXO Bid Day pics, I think from the IU chapter but I could be wrong.)

It is a cool bar and worth checking out. Plus one of the owners is an IU alum.
Old 11-01-2003, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking The little things

I commute to school everyday, and I have to wake up at 5:30 a.m. to get to school in time. One rainy day I was driving, and I was in a horrible mood, but then I saw a licence plate with KKG on it. I drove the rest of the 50 minute commute behind that car, and by the time I got to school my mood had made an 180. Funny how little things can make a huge difference!
Old 11-02-2003, 03:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to absolutuscchick
Tonight on the fifth wheel, the guy "Nacho" was a Sigma Pi...he had a tattoo of his letters and wore a sigm pi tshirt!
Old 11-02-2003, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
Yesterday was our Parents Weekend and at the football game I saw a girl from Bridgewater with her boyfriend, who was wearing a Alpha Xi Delta shirt!
Old 11-03-2003, 12:42 PM

Last night 60 Minutes did a report on file-sharing and one of the college students (they only showed her back) was wearing a "Tri-Delta 02" shirt.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to NutBrnHair
I saw a Tri Delta decal on the back of a taxi cab in Atlanta this weekend!
Old 11-03-2003, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

This may have already been mentioned but I don't feel like roaming through the last 19 pages of this post!

In the movie "Necessary Roughness", at the end of the movie where one of the characters makes a touchdown, you can see humongous Sigma Nu letters at the opposite end zone.
Old 11-03-2003, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Dorm Raiders

There was a Sigma Nu on Dorm Raiders the other day. He had his letters turned inside out on his shirt but you could still read them. They also showed his paddles and the girl picked him!