GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,299
1 members and 2,298 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Wish Lists

Most online book stores (well, stores in general) have a wish list available for your use.

How many of you actually use this feature, and how long have you waited for something?

I have been lusting after two different books for well over 5 years, and TODAY, they both arrived! I had received the notice that they were available about a week & a half ago, and I snapped them up within seconds! It's a done deal that my nose will be in one or the other of these books for the next week or so!
Old 06-25-2007, 02:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Me too read a lot of books. What were the titles?

What do you like to read?

I give mine away when I am done so others can read them. Like to trad when I can with fellow readers!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-25-2007, 08:49 PM

I use the wish list feature at nearly all of my online shopping sites. If i keep a wish list then it's a good way to keep up with things I want/would like to have, and a quick way to let others know too. I just remove stuff from my lists as I get them......my barnes and noble, sephora, philosophy, and Bed, Bath & Beyond lists are HUGE!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
I keep one at Amazon.com that I go in and try to update every few months. My whole family has them so that we can easily go in a buy stuff for each other for Christmas and birthdays and such. I have one item that's been on there for two years! Two years!!! If I don't get it for my birthday in July, I'm going to just get it for myself.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Earp View Post
Me too read a lot of books. What were the titles?

What do you like to read?

I give mine away when I am done so others can read them. Like to trade when I can with fellow readers!
I'm terribly interested in the people behind the July 20, 1944 plot to kill Hitler. The books were Tatiana: Full Circle in a Shifting Europe by Tatiana Metternich and When I Was a German, 1934-1945: An Englishwoman in Nazi Germany by Christabel Bielenberg.

The sister of Tatiana Metternich was Marie Vassiltchikov, who was the private secretary for Adam von Trott, best friend of the husband of Christabel Bielenberg. Adam von Trott was one of the main plotters, and the great-grandson of John Jay. I've been needing these books for background information.

My favorite uncle & I often exchange books, as we like basically the same genre/authors. I have a box of Brad Thor boxes that I plan to drop off to him this weekend!

LeslieAGD, I use Half.com a lot! Why pay full price when you can sometimes find a brand new book for a dollar?

Last edited by honeychile; 06-27-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
I'm terribly interested in the people behind the July 20, 1944 plot to kill Hitler. The books were Tatiana: Full Circle in a Shifting Europe by Tatiana Metternich and When I Was a German, 1934-1945: An Englishwoman in Nazi Germany by Christabel Bielenberg.

The sister of Tatiana Metternich was Marie Vassiltchikov, who was the private secretary for Adam von Trott, husband of Christabel Bielenberg. Adam von Trott was one of the main plotters, and the great-grandson of John Jay. I've been needing these books for background information.

My favorite uncle & I often exchange books, as we like basically the same genre/authors. I have a box of Brad Thor boxes that I plan to drop off to him this weekend!

LeslieAGD, I use Half.com a lot! Why pay full price when you can sometimes find a brand new book for a dollar?
OMG, between BBQ and some reading tastes, what can I say?

I love History!

Well, I am immersed in it!

My Favorite Book is "I Married Wyatt Earp" buy Sarah Josophene Marcus, with help from Glen Boyer reknowned writer of Wyatt and the old West!

Signed by my Aunt who was a Missouri Historian, writer and the Author of the Book!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 06-25-2007, 09:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I use that feature on Half.com
I will wishlist the DVDs that I want to buy in the future