GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,277
0 members and 1,277 guests
No Members online

Old 09-07-2017, 06:39 PM
GreekChat Member

What is Big/Little week normally like?

I know I have had a lot of questions. I really thought that once recruitment was over, I wouldn't wonder about anything sorority related anymore. I was just wondering what Big/Little week is NORMALLY like? My daughter said this is their big/little week and that tomorrow is the reveal. I thought that you get notes or gifts or some sort of surprises during the week, but she hasn't heard anything at all from her Big. Is that normal? Maybe not all sororities do gifts? So far, this week has been non-eventful for her and with tomorrow being the reveal, I'm guessing that is all there is to it. Is that how some sororities do big/little week; just a reveal at the end of the week, but no surprises?
Old 09-07-2017, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMom2 View Post
I know I have had a lot of questions. I really thought that once recruitment was over, I wouldn't wonder about anything sorority related anymore. I was just wondering what Big/Little week is NORMALLY like? My daughter said this is their big/little week and that tomorrow is the reveal. I thought that you get notes or gifts or some sort of surprises during the week, but she hasn't heard anything at all from her Big. Is that normal? Maybe not all sororities do gifts? So far, this week has been non-eventful for her and with tomorrow being the reveal, I'm guessing that is all there is to it. Is that how some sororities do big/little week; just a reveal at the end of the week, but no surprises?
It is good for your daughter to have questions, since sorority life is something new for her and for you. Your daughter has only been a new member two weeks; most new members are initiated after six to eight weeks.

This may need to be a time for your daughter to experience sorority as it comes, rather than as she anticipates it will be based on what we on greekchat can tell her may occur. There are so many variables to Big/Little Reveals. Your daughter might best involve herself in the process by informing you in a phone call all about her new sorority big after she meets her.

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.
Old 09-07-2017, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

That's good advice. Thank you. We'll see what happens! It's just been a lot at once and I'm still hoping she makes good friends. She did try out for "step show" and she made it which I'm hoping will help her get more involved in her sorority and make friends. I'll try not to worry so much! ��
Old 09-08-2017, 02:22 PM
GreekChat Member

It's odd. Others have received surprises and goodies this week. Today is the reveal and I'm afraid they might have overlooked matching her up with someone. It is what it is and I know she'll be ok with whatever she finds out. I was just excited for her to experience this week, but she's ok and happy to be part of it.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyMom2 View Post
It's odd. Others have received surprises and goodies this week. Today is the reveal and I'm afraid they might have overlooked matching her up with someone. It is what it is and I know she'll be ok with whatever she finds out. I was just excited for her to experience this week, but she's ok and happy to be part of it.
How big is her pledge class? 150-200 girls?
Old 09-08-2017, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

It's about half that size, but it's still large.
Old 09-08-2017, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

It seems odd that they could have overlooked her, even if it were larger so maybe she's getting a Big who's super busy and has overlooked these things - it happens, especially with girls who work a part-time job, have a heavy load of classes, etc.

Last edited by NYCMS; 09-08-2017 at 04:55 PM.