GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,401
2 members and 1,399 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 10-17-2007, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Cincinnati NPC Recruitment begins Friday, Oct 19th!

I have heard from a Chapter Advisor that almost 300 women have signed up for recruitment at UC so far (deadline is 10/18 at 5pm), which in her several years experience is about 1/3 more than normal, so it could be a great year! UC has 6 NPC chapters: UC is a very large university, but the total NPC membership last year was 400 women, with a chapter total of 75. (3.1% of women on campus) so large NM classes could really give the system a boost.

Friday, October 19: Convocation and Philanthropy Day
6 Events, each 35 minutes. Casual dress (jeans, khakis, etc.)

Saturday, October 20: Sisterhood Day
Can attend up to 4 events, each 50 minutes. Casual but dressier than day 1 Sundresses- (it's still hot here.... believe it or not), slacks, khakis, etc

Sunday, October 21: Preference Night
Can attend up to two events, each either 1 hour or a little more (I forget) Cocktail or dressy.

Monday, October 22: BID DAY
Meet at 6:30 pm to get bids and run down McMicken Hill to new Chapter members.

I have also been told that UC is going to no frills, conversation only recruitment.

Any Bearcats going through rush? Good Luck to everyone! When I hear more, I will post.

Last edited by Katmandu; 10-17-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: spelling...ouch.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

thanks katmandu! best wishes to all the uc chapter and the pnms!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:40 PM
GreekChat Member

An Ohio recruitment for a change! I wonder if we can get any PNMs to tell their story?
Old 10-17-2007, 07:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm hoping! Anyone from UC out there?

Speaking of Ohio, Miami of Ohio is gearing up for recruitment right after Christmas, and that is a very competitive rush. According to my sources, about 1,000 women have already expressed preliminary interest. Chapters are having "sprite dates" now, but formal recruitment begins early Jan.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katmandu View Post
I'm hoping! Anyone from UC out there?

Speaking of Ohio, Miami of Ohio is gearing up for recruitment right after Christmas, and that is a very competitive rush. According to my sources, about 1,000 women have already expressed preliminary interest. Chapters are having "sprite dates" now, but formal recruitment begins early Jan.
Both Miami and Ohio State recruit in January. I won't go into details, but I rushed at both places. Very different schools, very different rush experiences.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to SthrnZeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benzgirl View Post
Both Miami and Ohio State recruit in January. I won't go into details, but I rushed at both places. Very different schools, very different rush experiences.
Whoa - I gotta wonder how/why you rushed at both places...?? Care to share?
Old 10-17-2007, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Being an Ohioan Benzgirl I would love to hear about both places (I am much more familiar with the recruitment process at OSU then MU). You can PM me if you like..I have a feeling that OSU was way more laid back then MU..just a hunch.

Anyway...Yay for UC!!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I am a recently (as in August) graduated Bearcat!! Everyone is very nervous about recruitment going completely no frills, but also very excited! Honestly, I would love for the chapter sizes to grow, but I don't know how much more they will. I was a rho gamma last year, and we had similar numbers sign up. A HUGE number didnt even bother showing up and quite a bit more were either dropped by all or decided to drop out on their own. Because of that, pledge classes were from between 21-27, which is pretty typical. Also, chapter sizes vary quite a bit at UC. I know that the smaller chapters are very worried about not being able to compete. But best of luck to everyone, and I cant wait!! I will be helping for the first time as an alum, I'm so excited!!
Old 10-17-2007, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

BuckeyeTriDelta and SthrnZeta - I have sent you a PM. Happy reading!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Ok, in case anyone is still reading this thread I will update it. Bid day at UC was tonight, and quota ended up being 34. Last year it was 24, so it's def. an improvement. 310 girls registered, and 208 received bids. 4 chapters got 38 girls, 1 chapter got 36 and 1 chapter matched 20, but had about 5-7 declines .

While i am happy to see that the chapters are growing and that my chapter did well, I don't see the new release figures really helping the smaller chapters like they are supposed to. oh well... Congrats to everyone!!
Old 10-23-2007, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee_cutie View Post
Ok, in case anyone is still reading this thread I will update it. Bid day at UC was tonight, and quota ended up being 34. Last year it was 24, so it's def. an improvement. 310 girls registered, and 208 received bids. 4 chapters got 38 girls, 1 chapter got 36 and 1 chapter matched 20, but had about 5-7 declines .

While i am happy to see that the chapters are growing and that my chapter did well, I don't see the new release figures really helping the smaller chapters like they are supposed to. oh well... Congrats to everyone!!
If this is the first year using the release figures, you won't necessarily see a large change for the smaller chapters. Look for improvements next year and the following. It took a couple of years at FSU before the improvements to kick in, but when it did, it was to fantastic result - all chapters got quota this year.

Use the Search, play nice, and don't make me come in there.
Old 10-31-2007, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaydee_cutie View Post

Sounds like it is already working if the same or fewer number of girls registered and pledge classes are much larger than in prior years. This means that something changed to keep women in the process until pref day. Unfortunately, release figures can't make a woman want a weak chapter, but it helps the chapter by keeping women at their parties long enough to decide for themselves if the chapter is for them rather than only using others impressions as the source of their knowledge.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 10-31-2007, 01:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
Otterbein recruitment will start the first weekend of january and then the following weekends . Yeah ohio!