GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,246
3 members and 2,243 guests
chi-o_cat, Cookiez17, PGD-GRAD

Old 04-25-2003, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

A BIG PNAM cyber-hug to all the orgs on this forum!

Hi folks.

Twelve hours ago I was on the verge of whining about a hijaked thread.

Then I read it. (LMAO @ KillarneyRose and her descriptions. Lady, you are in the wrong job--get into writing!!!)

As open as my eyes were to the AI process when I started, I found out the hard way that it's not going to be as easy as I thought.
It's looking like the first org I approached is not going to work. Enough said.
Plans have been rewritten, expectations modified, and more soul-searching is underway. And new possibilities are on the horizon!
What I'm learning more and more is that while I'm under greater scrutiny and have to put forth a greater effort as a PNAM, the "mutual selection" involved and the "open mindedness" requirement is still there. Sometimes finding your home is a suprise you didn't expect, not unlike finding your spouse.

I'm going to stop getting mushy and drink some more coffee before I make you all hurl.

The bottom line is, PNAMs may have a longer road to travel, but we're on that road because of the support from the initiated and I wanted to thank all of you for that. A few words do more good than you realize.

Adrienne (PNAM-2003)
Old 04-25-2003, 11:11 AM

Awwww...that is so wonderful to read. As I sit here at my desk in the midst of "UNIX Purgatory", I really needed to read that.
Who knows, one day I wil have to do a road trip south to Texas and Georgia (and others) and visit all of my beloved "Alumnae Initiate" sisters!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Dont forget me - down here in Tennessee
Old 04-25-2003, 12:01 PM
GreekChat Member

adrienne,

that was such a great post!! i hope that you find your "surprise" and that it is the most wonderful thing you have ever experienced!

good luck!
Old 04-25-2003, 12:13 PM

Aw, Adrienne! Thank you for mentioning me in your nice post! I'm behind alumnae initiation all the way.

When I was initiated into Delta Zeta, I was told that the bond I entered into was for life. I've always believed that and continue to be active in my sorority to this day. The four years of college are just a small part of being in a sorority and you and all the other potential AI's will have many, many years of membership in some lucky organization!
Old 04-25-2003, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
When I was initiated into Delta Zeta, I was told that the bond I entered into was for life. I've always believed that and continue to be active in my sorority to this day. The four years of college are just a small part of being in a sorority and you and all the other potential AI's will have many, many years of membership in some lucky organization!
I couldn't have said it any better..........
Old 04-27-2003, 11:14 AM
cutiepatootie

I have to say this. When the majority of us were pursuing AI it was and yes still is a farely new thing to the GLOs, and yes for some of us it was hard but like you said you will get a surprise when you least expect it. I think GLOs are seeing more and more as days pass that this is a postive step in their own directions and i think your going to see that more and more these groups are opening their arms and welcoming this new approach to membership and seeing a new direction in the horizon.

When i first started out pursuing this around 95/96ish it was UNHEARD of accept for a few handful of GLOs, but now more and more are rewriting their plans to accept this. My unexpected suprise was that A Phi did this all along and i never ever back then realized that. How unexpected is that and such a great suprise when i approached them and 6 months later i was initiated.

To you i say you will find a home and you will be pleasantly surprised. Keep you chin up and smile. You will be welcomed in a home soon. Look at Cutiepie's list and see who really welcomes this great avenue of oppurtunity!

Laura
Old 04-28-2003, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink I just KNOW....

.....you will soon find your AI home girl!!! Hope your notes got out!

Old 04-28-2003, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

The harder it is to attain, the sweeter the reward will be!

I liked when someone said "Associating in College is easy, you just go through Rush".

Becoming an AI is tuffer and you strive more for it. This means you want it more so than just going through the motions of walking house to house!

That, simply put is why many/most AI,s appreciate it more and are fully envolved!

As I went through a Boy Scout Initiation for an honor group, they had us sip Vinegar, and drink honey.

The lesson was, you have to have the bitter to attain the sweet!

Ha, of course I did it a little differrent, but what else is NEW!

LX Z # 1
Alumni