GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,367
3 members and 2,364 guests
Xidelt

Old 04-04-2012, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Discovery Health Hoarders:

This is disgusting. Millions of roaches. Roaches in the microwave and refrigerator. The bathroom is disgusting. Mold everywhere.

The mother is a hot mess. The ex-husband feels guilty for leaving his family but he can't save these now grown people. He visited them and cried over the disgusting house. The oldest son looks like crap. He looks so much older than he probably is due to his morbid obesity and balding hair. Hot damn mess.

The youngest son is embarassed. He and his father do not live in the house.
when the oldest put his food in the roachy microwave *vomit*
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Banned

TLC's Hoarding: Buried Alive

This woman is in denial. Serious denial.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Banned

Brain Scans of 'Hoarders' Show Unique Abnormalities
Old 06-01-2014, 09:11 PM
Banned

Bump because I'm watching the Discovery Fit & Healthy Hoarding: Buried Alive marathon.

I have never watched some of these episodes. Other episodes have been aired multiple times.

THIS EPISODE.

Normally, I wouldn't call someone strange or batshit crazy if they most likely have a diagnosable mental illness. But, there's something annoying about this woman that spans beyond mental illness. She claims she was in law school for 10 years (1986-1996) and never took the bar. She is estranged from her 2 ex-husbands and her 2 children. She has been in the USA and lived in the same house for 33 years. She is a linguist and an interpreter (I think she speaks 3 or more languages).

There are some HUGE RATS in this woman's house and all around her lawn. These rats are no longer hiding. The rats are now starting to reach the rest of the houses.

This woman's family and friends have turned their backs on her. I do NOT blame them.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm watching it too right now! This lady is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 PM
Banned

That's an understatement!

When she giggled when the men chased the rat? There's nothing giggly and cute.

The pest control guy looked so shocked and annoyed. He was like "this isn't cute and funny. These aren't mice like at Disney Land. These are RATS and they can hurt you. They don't have bladders so when they urinate they urinate anywhere. On your clothes, in your food, and it will seem invisible because you can't see it."

I didn't know rats don't have bladders.

ETA: I chuckled when she said "you don't get a book for its cover" a la "don't judge a book by its cover"

If you cared about those books and other materials you wouldn't let rats take over these items.

Last edited by DrPhil; 06-01-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
rats don't have bladders? that's insanity!

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 06-01-2014, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I just googled, because rats are a mammal, and not to have a bladder would be an anomaly. They do have bladders, but no bladder control. That makes more sense. And EWW!

Still... rats aren't cute nor are they something to giggle about. I hate "Hoarders" because I always want to smack some sense into those people. My ex was borderline - I remember when we divorced and sold our house I had to spend hours with him going though stuff that wasn't mine trying to convince him that it wasn't important. And, the house was also full of stinkbugs (I had moved out all my stuff by then, but still) not as bad as roaches or rats, of course.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Banned

Thanks for researching that, AOII Lisa. I knew rats are "of the devil" so I figured that's how they could be bladderless mammals. LOL. I guess the pest control guy meant having a bladder is practically pointless if you can't use the bladder.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "little person" who hoards with her mother. They have slept in the same bed together for years. They spent 20-22 hours per day in bed. They eat, watch TV, play with the dogs...in the bed. The dogs also lay in the bed with them.

That is gross and disgusting beyond the hoarding.

There is a scene in this episode where it sounded like they were laying in the bed nonstop farting. LOL. Maybe they were grunting. I don't know.

The daughter is grown yet trapped in perpetual childhood. Being a "little person" makes it difficult for people to take you seriously as an adult. Hoarding with your parent and sleeping in the bed together makes it even more difficult. It reminds me of The Great Child and The Dire Mother in (the 2001 remake of) "Thir13teen Ghosts."

Last edited by DrPhil; 06-01-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

I had to stop watching this show.
Old 06-02-2014, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Normally, I wouldn't call someone strange or batshit crazy if they most likely have a diagnosable mental illness. But, there's something annoying about this woman that spans beyond mental illness. She claims she was in law school for 10 years (1986-1996) and never took the bar. She is estranged from her 2 ex-husbands and her 2 children. She has been in the USA and lived in the same house for 33 years. She is a linguist and an interpreter (I think she speaks 3 or more languages).

Oh yeah...I think I've seen that episode before. She's the one who had the water-damaged/moldy law school books that she said were still good, right?

True and Constant
Old 06-02-2014, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

I remember seeing one episode where this lady was taking her on feces and putting it in plastic shopping bags because she couldn't get to her bathroom. She was urinating in coffee cans. That was the nastiest thing I had ever seen.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:32 PM
Banned

I watched reruns yesterday.

A morbidly obese woman in Canada had decayed food, a rotted refrigerator, and dog feces all over the house. It was a nice house if not for the hoarding and fecal matter. The cleaning crew were choking and fighting back vomit.

This article reminded me of that episode: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...s-home-n132031
Old 06-16-2014, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Did you see that a woman died recently because her floor collapsed under the weight of all of that stuff? What was she hoarding, pennies? They had to cut a hole into the house so they could use a backhoe to get the stuff out.
Old 06-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
I watched reruns yesterday.

A morbidly obese woman in Canada had decayed food, a rotted refrigerator, and dog feces all over the house. It was a nice house if not for the hoarding and fecal matter. The cleaning crew were choking and fighting back vomit.

This article reminded me of that episode: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...s-home-n132031
Quoted so you people can read the news article I posted.