GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,434
0 members and 1,434 guests
No Members online

Old 05-29-2003, 11:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to phimu344
new/closing

I was just wondering which campuses had new chapters open of phi mu and which campuses closed their phi mus this past year??
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-29-2003, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
delta delta at Ohio University is closing in 2 weeks.

i know there's a recolonization going on in North Carolina in the fall

Shorter College in Georgia is recolonizing the Nu chapter
Old 05-31-2003, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
what lead to the closing of Delta Delta?
Old 05-31-2003, 09:38 AM
GreekChat Member

numbers mostly, we had a much smaller chapter than the rest and so around recruitment time there was alway the rumor that we were going to close so pnms went to other, bigger houses and since the rumors persisted year after year they eventually came true. it didn't help that house total is too high for the amount of women who go and stay greek. the new greek director told nationals he wanted to lowerhouse total but too many girls would rush so it would be raised and then there would be a huge dropout rate afterwards.
Old 06-07-2003, 02:14 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm really sorry to hear that. Is there any kind of movement to bring back greek life in general (or Phi Mu specifically?)
Old 06-08-2003, 09:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Phi Mu is expected to recolonize in Fall 2004...and i will still be an undergrad here, as will my best friends and my little. it's going to be really hard and this weekend was especially hard because as we were going through our 3D ceremony national officers were removing composites and the picture of Mary Mary and Martha and our beautiful quatrafoile mirror from the house (without warning any of us).

WPA, IFC, and NPHC have been trying to work more closely this past year, but our grek system is still trying to get used to actually having a greek advisor since we have one for the first time in a few years and I think that's part of the problem. Hopefuly Phi Mu will come back strong.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

You know it will. Phi Mu always does. We haven't been around since 1852 for nothing.

That said, how hard for you and your sisters. I can't imagine. It's wonderful that you're all still so upbeat and eagerly looking forward to the recolonization.

ps -- that mirror sounds amazing..... any pics of your house?
Old 06-09-2003, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have any online and i don't have a scanner, but i took some pictures yesterday and i might get a photo CD, but i haven't decided. if i do i will definitely post them.
Old 06-09-2003, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

If you want to continue your sisterhood in a different way, I would suggest you start an alumnae chapter with the women who have become recent alumnae thru the chapter closing. Send me an e-mail if you would like more information on getting this set up.
Old 06-11-2003, 11:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
I heard a rumor that Delta Nu at Michigan State was re-opening! Yay! Too bad they prolly won't get the house back....... oh well cuz I also heard (from people that have been there) that the Sigma Pis trashed the house....UGH! It was the most beautiful house I've ever seen!

KLTC
Old 10-16-2005, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by OUlioness01
Phi Mu is expected to recolonize in Fall 2004...and i will still be an undergrad here, as will my best friends and my little. it's going to be really hard and this weekend was especially hard because as we were going through our 3D ceremony national officers were removing composites and the picture of Mary Mary and Martha and our beautiful quatrafoile mirror from the house (without warning any of us).

WPA, IFC, and NPHC have been trying to work more closely this past year, but our grek system is still trying to get used to actually having a greek advisor since we have one for the first time in a few years and I think that's part of the problem. Hopefuly Phi Mu will come back strong.
I know its been a long time since this thread was started but I thought i would give everyone an update. Delta Delta will not be recolonizing soon, as much as we all wish it would. When I went through recruitment and accepted my bid at OU in 2001 there were 10 chapters with a quota of 42-43ish. OU finished recuitment a little over a week ago and quota was 23 with 9 chapters. Greek Life is not doing well, there have been a lot of problems with hazing and unregistered mixer/socials and a few cases of alcohol poisoning resulting.

The house is still owned and operated by nationals and they don't have any plans to sell it at the present time. As soon as some problems are repaired it is going to be used (to the best of my knowledge) for reunions, etc (one example: my former roommate in the house is getting married in May and we are looking to rent the house for the day in order to get dressed for the wedding since the ceremony will be just down the street). Hopefully Delta Delta will return to Ohio University at some point down the road.