GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,364
1 members and 1,363 guests
John

Old 04-09-2002, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Boys to Avoid

Saw this on www.msn.com and couldn't resist...

1. Homo reptilicus
This guy’s poison for first dates. He either disregards or is completely clueless about the rules for displaying affection in public, slithering in for unwelcome kisses and squeezing you close like a boa constrictor. Keep this one at arm’s length, girls; otherwise, he’ll expect you to slink back with him into whatever hole he crawled out of.

2. Homo restricticus
Beware the boyfriends who won’t let you out of their sight — and for all the wrong reasons. If your Jack is way too jealous, be a judicious Jill and jilt that loser.

3. Homo immaturus
Can’t this guy take you out without drinking himself into a stupor? And would it hurt him to make plans for something other than Monday night football or a night of pool with his pals? This immature dude can be smart, cute and sweet, but unless you're prepared to go on a date and change his diapers during the same evening, tell him to call you when he grows up.

4. Homo reflecticus
Hello! Does this fella even know you’re there? He’s so into himself and talks so much that you can hardly fit a word in edgewise. He knows your first name but seems completely uninterested in learning more. Watch for highly reflective windows around this guy; he often becomes lost in his own gaze.

5. Homo intelligentus
You were looking for Mr. Right but instead found Mr. Always Right! He knows everything about everything and never fails to one-up anything you’ve ever done. Bounce this brainiac and let him pat his own back with someone else.

6. Homo sporadicus
This guy doesn’t even bother to schedule a date when he’s in the mood for love. Instead, you’ll likely hear from him at the midnight hour or later — usually after the clubs close. Unless you’re ready for an irregular Romeo, hang up the phone or slam the door ASAP.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-09-2002, 08:18 PM

Can I add more?

Homo Slutus- Thinks that he is the mac daddy. Doesn't call for a few days after your first date. A week later, he calls at 3am begging you to come over. You find out he has been with more women than Wilt Chamberlain.

Homo Homo- Checks out every guy in the room and brags about his collection of Barbara Streisand cd's and movies. He still insists that he likes women although he has not made a move on you yet.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Homo Commiticus:
Wants to be in your bed, but not in your future...doesn't want a girlfriend or relationship but that won't stop him from trying to get into your pants and leading you on.

Old 04-09-2002, 09:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I just read that MSN list. I've dated many of these guys at one time or another. It's hard to find Prince Charming when the world is made up of frogs.
Old 04-10-2002, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

How about Homo Tightwadus, identified by his expensive taste but inability to part with his most prized possession, his wallet. Unless you dump him you will pay dearly
AND
Homo Comedianus, everything is a joke and he's the star. More amicable than other specimens, but likely to inject inappropriate humor at inopportune times. This is no laughing matter as women who feel an initial attraction, sadly realize the jokes on them.
Old 04-10-2002, 01:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by LeslieAGD
Homo Commiticus:
Wants to be in your bed, but not in your future...doesn't want a girlfriend or relationship but that won't stop him from trying to get into your pants and leading you on.

You Know!!! That is why I tell guys from the jump, if you only want sex say it. Don't try and lead me on just to get some nookie. And he wonders why everyone on campus calls him Mr. McNasty!!!
Old 04-10-2002, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Homo reptilicus
This guy’s poison for first dates. He either disregards or is completely clueless about the rules for displaying affection in public, slithering in for unwelcome kisses and squeezing you close like a boa constrictor. Keep this one at arm’s length, girls; otherwise, he’ll expect you to slink back with him into whatever hole he crawled out of.

Ugh... I met the prime example of this one a couple of years ago. On our first (and only) date, he takes me to dinner and then proceeds to grab my arse everytime I turn around. Couldn't figure out why I asked to be taken home.
Old 04-10-2002, 04:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Homo Narcissicus-
He's prettier than most girls and knows it. Can effortlessly strike one of many poses to accentuate whichever feature he wants to showcase at the moment. Has difficulty knowing who to eye, the knockout blonde or his own image in the mirror. When making love he tends to cry out his own name. Forget about him. You'll never compete with his opinion of himself.

Last edited by Periwinkle; 04-10-2002 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:02 PM

Are all the men haters done?

Have any of you considered the fact that women can also fit into each of these groups?

Last edited by shultzz; 04-10-2002 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-10-2002, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: ..

Quote:
Originally posted by shultzz

Have any of you considered the fact that women can also fit into each of these groups?
The point of the thread is "Boys to Avoid" - not "Girls to Avoid."
Old 04-10-2002, 05:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream

I'm not a man hater. I'm sure that there are women like this. Since I don't date women, the female versions don't really affect me.

Quote:

Old 04-10-2002, 06:01 PM

Quote:
No.
Old 04-10-2002, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Thumbs down Re: ..

Quote:
As someone pointed out, this is a "Boys to Avoid" thread...you're free to start your own thread for women if you like. This is all in fun.
Old 04-29-2002, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Add this guy to the list. I saw him at the smoothie shop. His tshirt said I heart shape (meaning love) hummers. Don't date him.
Old 04-29-2002, 09:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Maybe he just likes the WWII military trucks.