GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,228
2 members and 1,226 guests
AlwaysSAI

Old 07-30-2009, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Tumbao
Relations w/ non NPHC orgs

First of all I would like to greet all the Devastating Divas of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, inc.

As a member of a NON-NPHC organization, relations with d9 orgs is often a topic of interest with my bros, even on the national level. What I am wondering is how do Sistergreeks of DST relate to non nphc orgs (other BLGOs, Local orgs, multicultural orgs and anything but IFC)

One thing i have noticed across the NPHC board is a fierce disgust for unfamiliar organizations or orgs that you perceive to have "Stolen" any particular tradition of your org. for instance: Groove Phi Groove having a hand sign and pledging lines, although they aren't "greek" or especially at HBCU's other orgs that stroll, wear line jackets and have a call.

Does it upset you to see orgs that have adopted Divine Nine traditions even though Divine Nine adopted historically white traditions?

Sigma Lambda Beta International Fraternity, Inc.
[/FONT]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Banned

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam.

You can probably find those old discussions via the search function.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbao View Post
First of all I would like to greet all the Devastating Divas of Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, inc.

As a member of a NON-NPHC organization, relations with d9 orgs is often a topic of interest with my bros, even on the national level. What I am wondering is how do Sistergreeks of DST relate to non nphc orgs (other BLGOs, Local orgs, multicultural orgs and anything but IFC)

One thing i have noticed across the NPHC board is a fierce disgust for unfamiliar organizations or orgs that you perceive to have "Stolen" any particular tradition of your org. for instance: Groove Phi Groove having a hand sign and pledging lines, although they aren't "greek" or especially at HBCU's other orgs that stroll, wear line jackets and have a call.

Does it upset you to see orgs that have adopted Divine Nine traditions even though Divine Nine adopted historically white traditions?

This is why I won't even consider answering the question.

I Stay Woke!!