GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,879
3 members and 1,876 guests
indygphib, naraht, Xidelt

Old 10-30-2002, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to sigmachica
Lightbulb Academic Programs

Does anyone have an interesting adacamic programs that your chapter, or chapter educational director has used? if you do, please post them! I am very interested in finding out new fun ideas to make my sisters want to strive to recieve good grades!
thank you
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-01-2002, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

I am the Excellence Chair for my chapter, and i'm in charge of our points system. Its done for prizes, and points are given for having a certain GPA, being a study buddy, going to weekly study tables, and being involved in a campus org.
The guys at the end of the semester that have the top 3 points will get prizes. Prizes range from a month of dues, to a new jersey, to a new badge.
Old 02-24-2003, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I was at AGD's TLC (The Leadership Conference) over the weekend, and I received a copy of NPC's "Learning...Our Common Heritage" academic excellence manual. It is full of awesome ideas, many of which are easy and won't take up much time on your part or on the part of your chapter. A few of the ones I liked were:

*Offer a study tip of the week.
*Collect 25 cents for each class missed and use the money to buy scholarship resources.
*Challenge another chapter to a term GPA contest. The chapter that loses hosts a pizza or ice cream party.
*Post "I need help/I can help" posters.
*Pass around a scholarship grab bag with candy in it, and attach notes to the candy that say things like "Lick your exams."

If you want the manual, it costs $5 plus S&H and you can order it from NPC's website. You could see if your college Panhellenic wants to order them for all of your NPC chapters and maybe you can get a group discount.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:34 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a fairly comprehensive study rewards program.

For pledges, each one that earns a 4.0 during their pledge semester recieves a $500 scholarship and a 14K gold Beta Theta Pi ring. Most people care more about the ring than the money.

For active members, they are split up into groups of 3 or 4 for triads. If everyone in that triad earns above a 3.3 for the semester than they get $100. Note that this is when everyone in the triad gets above a 3.3 not if the average is above a 3.3. For everyone who gets a 4.0 they get $50.

One of the things that we did last semester was to have study hours with a sorority. It worked out pretty well.
Old 03-13-2003, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

One of our alums give $250 to the person with the highest grades (or the longest 4.0 streak)
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-30-2003, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sirboomLXA
What we do...

Right now I am rebuilding the academic chair position within our chapter here at NMU but this is what I have decided on doing so far:

Attached to academic probation and suspension notices are a list of tasks, requests, and guidelines the brother must follow during their probation or suspension. Also attached are question ideas to ask professors and academic advisors as they are require to see them weekly during their probation or suspension. Obviously study hours are enflicted.

Our chapter is in a financial pitfall at this time so rewards are hard to come by unless they are out of pocket by myself, alumi, or family members.
Old 03-30-2003, 05:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sirboomLXA
Weirdtu

Unfortunantly greek letters do not display correctly on this website for whatever reason even though this is a greek website. The letters are Lambda Chi Alpha - Lambda Upsilon Zeta.